Derek Adams new Morecambe manager | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams new Morecambe manager

Aug 5, 2015
Actually Morecambe isn’t that bad. My daughter went to Lancaster university so we got to know the area quite well and of course the Lakes are amazing. What I don’t get is why so many people rave over Blackpool? Apart from more lights it’s almost exactly the same as Morecambe. And of course the latter gave us Eric.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
djg145":3fm4ulju said:
Why are we bothered?

Tsk Tsk djg!! It's Argyle-related ... somehow?
Not sure that references to players who left at the end of last season are Argyle-related and/or allowed on this Forum but a Manager who left before the end of the season does 'make' it? :think:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":3hlqi0vd said:
djg145":3hlqi0vd said:
Why are we bothered?

Not sure that references to players who left at the end of last season are Argyle-related and/or allowed on this Forum but a Manager who left before the end of the season does 'make' it? :think:
Former player threads do get on the main board since the demise of the Argyle Old Boys forum. Likewise a thread about DA,much to your disgust, should be on here. IMHO.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Pogleswoody":begqug50 said:
djg145":begqug50 said:
Why are we bothered?

Give it a rest.

May 1, 2011
Knibbsworth":32nm2x6v said:
arrythewurzel":32nm2x6v said:
You don't become a bad manager overnight.

I've a feeling that workaholic Derek took his eye off the ball because his span of control became too big for him to cope with. My guess is that he delegated some recruitment decisions to others and they let him down …. and that was his downfall. How he managed to achieve anything with that defence having now seen them struggle in league 2 is remarkable in itself !

Carey's poor form and certain player attitudes got us relegated.

Anyone who bets against him being a success at Morecombe will lose their shirt.

The holiday has clearly done him some good, judging by the interview on the Morecombe website. Never comfortable with the media side of things - he looks younger and completely relaxed and at ease there.

I think that when Ryan Lowe fails (I don't want him to fail - but fear he will) I think DA's achievements (with half the financial backing) will finally be recognised. That will give me a warm glow as I've a lot of time for him.

Well said. Some fans are just ignorant. They are literally happier being bottom half and losing 4-0 to Exeter as long as the manager says how great the fans are all the time. Argyle have had a few managers in League Two now and DA is the only one who has got us out of it. A fact worth remembering in between the bitterness.

Back on track, I thought Adams would have netted a bigger club than Morecambe. It is a shame to see him at such a small club and not somewhere with a bit of potential.

Your fact is incorrect or at least misleading, Warnock got Argyle promoted from the bottom league, regardless of it's name.

I doubt many Argyle fans were happy with the current situations you mention. We weren't happy last season either when our former manager started a relegation campaign in July.

Perhaps HC Green and others could let their religious like obsession with Adams go now.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
PL2 3DQ":2jipyoul said:
Pogleswoody":2jipyoul said:
djg145":2jipyoul said:
Why are we bothered?

Give it a rest.

Ok PL and Kenty, I'll give it a rest; not post on this thread and remain quietly disgusted. :doh:
As long as you have noted my opinion! ;)

Apr 6, 2009
Adam's success or failures depends on glass half or empty. either he got us to the playoffs then got us promoted then kept us in league one before obviously being relegated.
or he failed at Wembley in the playoffs, failed to get us to win league 2 instead of just getting promoted, missed out on the play offs on league 1 and then got relegated

those with glass half full will probably welcome him back with a good reception, those with glass half empty give a much more frosty reception.

I didn't like his football but loved his enthusiasm and commitment to argyle in the most and liked him a lot to have a chat with. I wont give him a frosty reception but would love to beat him well.

Plus my son is a mascot that game so he will be in good spirits making it better for us regardless

Jul 12, 2016
I am not a fan of Adams but I cannot see any point in giving him a frosty reception. He should be welcomed out of respect.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
GlutenFriio":1udmnbpd said:
David Fox without a club, I think? Had been linked with Barrow in the summer.

Good shout. Player/assistant at Morecambe?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Balham_Green":2yn9dm56 said:
PL2 3DQ":2yn9dm56 said:
GlutenFriio":2yn9dm56 said:

Depends whether he has the,same opinion of Adams as Peter Hartley! ;)

Well Fox kept signing new contracts under Adams despite the travelling and being away from his family.

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":2j4wimxs said:
Balham_Green":2j4wimxs said:
PL2 3DQ":2j4wimxs said:
GlutenFriio":2j4wimxs said:

Depends whether he has the,same opinion of Adams as Peter Hartley! ;)

Well Fox kept signing new contracts under Adams despite the travelling and being away from his family.

Perhaps didnt get better offers at his age.