Dear Simon | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Dear Simon

Mar 21, 2013
up_the_line":1tbji6s8 said:
No need to apologise on my behalf because I intend to remain as snarky as I want where Adams is concerned. Call it matching tone and style: he is routinely snarky and obnoxious about the fans (you know, the people who pay his wages) (armchair managers / yobs), lays into the press (has a pop at reporters during interviews and then bans them), so I figure if he can dish it out then a nickname based on an item of clothing, on an obscure football forum, shouldn't really bruise him to badly
Then how about just go find him & be snarky to him & save the rest of us your tedious posts? I get you think you’re a little witty & you’ve got a few similar posters in your fan club but the constant smug posts against anyone that just wants to support the club & doesn’t share the hatred you seem to have within you for a football manager is becoming a little obsessive on your part.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Don't_Panic":1ifvv1nq said:
up_the_line":1ifvv1nq said:
No need to apologise on my behalf because I intend to remain as snarky as I want where Adams is concerned. Call it matching tone and style: he is routinely snarky and obnoxious about the fans (you know, the people who pay his wages) (armchair managers / yobs), lays into the press (has a pop at reporters during interviews and then bans them), so I figure if he can dish it out then a nickname based on an item of clothing, on an obscure football forum, shouldn't really bruise him to badly
Then how about just go find him & be snarky to him & save the rest of us your tedious posts? I get you think you’re a little witty & you’ve got a few similar posters in your fan club but the constant smug posts against anyone that just wants to support the club & doesn’t share the hatred you seem to have within you for a football manager is becoming a little obsessive on your part.

Agree with that.

Sep 6, 2006
Don't_Panic":10p7rcvi said:
up_the_line":10p7rcvi said:

Easy solution mate. Dont read it.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I've offered heaps of constructive criticism in the past, as have others but all that happened then was people were every bit as snarky basically saying we couldn't possibly comment on Adams since we weren't incredible football geniuses like him. So I'm afraid it's a bit of a legacy of the sneering the Adams critics have had every time he's collected a couple of wins.
Matching tone and style.
I'm pretty sure if Argyle win the next 2 (which I hope they do) there'll be no shortage of people goading anyone whose critised Adams, perhaps even another humble pie thread?

Mar 21, 2013
Balham_Green":8cmj48ww said:
Don't_Panic":8cmj48ww said:
up_the_line":8cmj48ww said:

Well how shocked I am to see you defend your equally miserable partner in crime. You don’t like what I say about your mate? Don’t read it. He doesn’t like that people aren’t obsessed with gobbing off about Adams or the club as much as you both do & just want to support the club? Don’t read it. You see it works both ways, you 2 just want to be allowed to say what you want whilst others have to hold back in their support or they’ll get insults from you & your merry band of miserable gits. To be honest ‘mate’ you can shove your hypocrisy & may I suggest “don’t read it”.

Sep 6, 2006
Don't_Panic":286xa0qk said:
Balham_Green":286xa0qk said:
Don't_Panic":286xa0qk said:
up_the_line":286xa0qk said:

Well how shocked I am to see you defend your equally miserable partner in crime. You don’t like what I say about your mate? Don’t read it. He doesn’t like that people aren’t obsessed with gobbing off about Adams or the club as much as you both do & just want to support the club? Don’t read it. You see it works both ways, you 2 just want to be allowed to say what you want whilst others have to hold back in their support or they’ll get insults from you & your merry band of miserable gits. To be honest ‘mate’ you can shove your hypocrisy & may I suggest “don’t read it”.

Feel better for that do you? You talk about hatred. You have it in shedloads. Heal thy self! Just dont give us this load of rubbish that because you back the manager you are somehow a better supporter than those of us who worked out long ago that he wasnt up to it.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Don't_Panic":2ehdnigh said:
Balham_Green":2ehdnigh said:
Don't_Panic":2ehdnigh said:
up_the_line":2ehdnigh said:

Another one conflating thinking Adams is holding the club back with not 'supporting the club'.
Once again, supporting Plymouth Argyle doesn't mean blindly supporting Adams even as he blunders more and more, nor does it mean accepting the way he treats the fans or media, his off field antics or his comments about the club and region

May 22, 2006
up_the_line":3johu9w1 said:
maybe I'll start planning me and my partners route for our up coming hiking holiday in Northern Albania

Make sure you swing by Lake Shkoder and Rozafa Fortress. The views are TO. DIE. FOR.

Not at all relevant to this thread but the discussion's gone to poo anyway so whatevs.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Balham_Green":xrvzmudc said:
Don't_Panic":xrvzmudc said:
Balham_Green":xrvzmudc said:
Don't_Panic":xrvzmudc said:
up_the_line":xrvzmudc said:

Feel better for that do you? You talk about hatred. You have it in shedloads. Heal thy self! Just dont give us this load of rubbish that because you back the manager you are somehow a better supporter than those of us who worked out long ago that he wasnt up to it.

They talk about hatred and snarkiness all they want but when the mods here allow posts to stay suggesting you've masturbated after a defeat, (family friendly fnar fnar) that you're a 'sad muppet' with 'no life' etc then it's actually quite confusing when they get so butt-hurt about the criticism of Adams or an (admittedly unfunny) nickname (there have been plenty in the past: staplewallet, hollowords).
They suddenly become paragons of virtue when they want to be

Mar 21, 2013
Oh cry me a river Balham if you think that’s tough talk, you seem to spend your life on here hating everything & everyone, oh & please show me where I support the manager? I’d be more then happy for him to be gone, I just don’t have to hate a football manager of a 3rd division club & constantly tell everyone about it to get my kicks.

May 16, 2016
up_the_line":3fis69l2 said:
IJN":3fis69l2 said:
I bet you live in a 'fun' house.

To be that vitriolic at 0530 in the morning??!! :thumbs: :sad: :facepalm:

I'll be out in 15 minutes, enjoying the wonrderful weather, playing golf, looking forward to seeing my granddaughter.

You? Kicking the cat, making up new names for decent folk, and probably looking out off your window hoping to catch a glance of someone tripping over.

Get a life man, the world's depressing enough (Sri Lanka etc) without sad muppets like you spreading their 'wit' around the internet.

Argyle ARE crap, we get that, but why on earth do you and your kind (mouth breathing life suckers) get off on making it even more depressing?

I was in Sri Lanka a few years ago. Beautiful country. Amazing people. I was truly saddened by the news over the weekend. I'm really not sure what it's got to do with someone posting about their football club in Plymouth though. It is possible to separate things from one another. Actually I think it's a bit cheap using a tragedy like that on here to be honest.

FYI today I'll be off for a run in the afternoon to prep for a half marathon, then I'll be doing some illustration work following a successful small exhibition in London, then maybe I'll start planning me and my partners route for our up coming hiking holiday in Northern Albania (we had a lovely walk through Lydford Gorge this weekend)
Oh and if you want you can pick up a copy of Football Weekends magazine in WH Smiths on the 25th to read my account of the Kraków derby.
Is that enough of a life for you?

Sounds like quite a fulfilling life (some might consider it nerdy), hope your Derby report isn't so damning as your style on here. Not exactly selling yourself well.

Makes one wonder why you bother to make the time to keep this site interesting. Is it a Hiking thing - Big Boots ?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Guiri Green":1z73dyjo said:
up_the_line":1z73dyjo said:
IJN":1z73dyjo said:
I bet you live in a 'fun' house.

To be that vitriolic at 0530 in the morning??!! :thumbs: :sad: :facepalm:

I'll be out in 15 minutes, enjoying the wonrderful weather, playing golf, looking forward to seeing my granddaughter.

You? Kicking the cat, making up new names for decent folk, and probably looking out off your window hoping to catch a glance of someone tripping over.

Get a life man, the world's depressing enough (Sri Lanka etc) without sad muppets like you spreading their 'wit' around the internet.

Argyle ARE crap, we get that, but why on earth do you and your kind (mouth breathing life suckers) get off on making it even more depressing?

I was in Sri Lanka a few years ago. Beautiful country. Amazing people. I was truly saddened by the news over the weekend. I'm really not sure what it's got to do with someone posting about their football club in Plymouth though. It is possible to separate things from one another. Actually I think it's a bit cheap using a tragedy like that on here to be honest.

FYI today I'll be off for a run in the afternoon to prep for a half marathon, then I'll be doing some illustration work following a successful small exhibition in London, then maybe I'll start planning me and my partners route for our up coming hiking holiday in Northern Albania (we had a lovely walk through Lydford Gorge this weekend)
Oh and if you want you can pick up a copy of Football Weekends magazine in WH Smiths on the 25th to read my account of the Kraków derby.
Is that enough of a life for you?

Sounds like quite a fulfilling life (some might consider it nerdy), hope your Derby report isn't so damning as your style on here. Not exactly selling yourself well.

Makes one wonder why you bother to make the time to keep this site interesting. Is it a Hiking thing - Big Boots ?

Come again? Big boots?