Danny Mayor | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Replace Camara......Ho Ho Ho !!!!
Why not? Personally I think our best midfield if everyone was fully fit would be Mayor Broom and Houghton

Aug 15, 2015
As you said DM hasn’t played with the new defence and other additions so your argument is flawed. The team is doing well and DM will have to fight his way back into the team I grant you that (excuse the pun!). One thing for certain I noticed was that although CG found himself in acres of space on the left during Saturdays game I didn’t see him beat his man often if at all! It was crying out for DM he would have torn them apart. I would like to see Broom and DM play in the same team at some stage but let’s see what happens. Like many on here I just don’t get the anti DM brigade at all. Yes he doesn’t score many but he makes so many goals even if the final pass isn’t his
My argument is not 'flawed'. Broom creates more opportunities for our forward players, chances that Mayor just doesn't directly create. You say DM would tear the opposition apart, but he doesn't. If he waltzes in and out of players, that's meaningless if he doesn't create something meaningful. He doesn't create goalscoring chances, and he doesn't score goals. That's been demonstrated across two seasons.

Reactions: Princerock
Aug 15, 2015
How many has Broom scored and how many assists? Your argument is flawed on that logic alone!
I think Broom is a great player but he looked tired on Saturday and he cannot ghost past players like DM can.

I’m surprised fans just don’t get what DM brings to the team. He may not get the direct assist each time but he’s beats so many and sets up others to get the final assist. It’s funny how so many other mangers said how good he is and one said he would even pay money to watch him.

I think DM has a huge part to play during this season and I for one can’t wait to watch him pull on the green shirt once again.
So you're judging Broom on 8 games? Assists for goals are one thing, providing opportunities for the forwards is another. Broom creates plenty more for our forward players. Mayor does neither. Really confused as to what you are trying to suggest to be honest.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think we will see an improved mayor on his return.

Last season we were poor defensively which would always have a confidence issue with players going forward.

Now he’s had time on the sidelines I think he will up his game. Even more so because he’s now got serious CM competition in Broom and Camara.

He’s going to cause a headache for Lowe and Co. As will Ennis and Bolton once fully fit

Reactions: Granby Green
May 8, 2011
Think you're being a bit dramatic again.

There's no rivalry, but Broom has come in directly as Mayor's replacement in the team, and has outperformed him. I've seen some posts saying he's not scoring goals, but he's played 8 games as far as I can see.

The reality is that, this team is in the best form we've seen for a long long time, and Broom has been a big contributor to that. People on here said watch when Mayor is out, how we'll miss him. But in Mayor's absence, the whole team has raised the bar, and Broom has been far more effective than Mayor ever has been. He's more industrious, more direct and purposeful in his play going forward, and has now made himself a fixture in this team. Unless Lowe wants to put Broom to RWB, Mayor won't be replacing Broom. Of course the whole team raising the bar has to also do with the improved defence and better calibre of signings, but, even the midfield and forward players have raised the bar. We haven't missed Mayor.

There's no rivalry. It's called competition. Broom has played Mayor out of this team but for a RWB switch as above.
The form so far this season is not much better than last year.

• Haha
Reactions: Jenko14

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
So you're judging Broom on 8 games? Assists for goals are one thing, providing opportunities for the forwards is another. Broom creates plenty more for our forward players. Mayor does neither. Really confused as to what you are trying to suggest to be honest.
Broom has been excellent I’m not saying otherwise. I wonder how effective he would have been in last season’s team. You say DM doesn’t provide opportunities or create space! In my opinion you’re deluded. As others have stated I just don’t get the DM bashers. He’s by far our most creative player and probably the player that has sold more season tickets than any other player. When he gets back in the team he will make a huge difference. Especially now RH & LJ have confidence and a run of form. Saturdays game was screaming out for DM luckily two rash challenges gave us penalties otherwise I don’t think we would have unlocked their defence

Reactions: saxman

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
We have yet to see Broom & Mayor play together so how can a judgement call be made has to how it will work or effect the balance of the team going forward
No doubt RL is mulling over how to fit the both of them in is starting 11 but it is a interesting decision to make as RL will do what is in the best interests of the team
He has not had to rush Danny back from injury as Va Va Voom is more than capable of filling is spot.
We are only coming to the end of September & it is a long hard season there will be times when either both will be playing at the same time & both could be injured at the same time but we have players in the squad that are more than capable of doing a job
RL goes match to match not what is going to happen in 6wks time
When Danny comes back it will be like a new signing & it will be exciting to see how Danny & Va va Voom will work

Reactions: Doyley43

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The form so far this season is not much better than last year.
I assume that you are basing that opinion on the fact that, last season after 9 games, we had 15 points, whereas, this season, we have 18; only 3 more.
I would prefer to base my opinion of ‘form’ on the way this team is playing compared to the way last season’s team was playing at this stage of the season.
In my opinion, this team is in far better form than last season’s and I am confident that we will have a much more successful season.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
This team is a totally different animal to last seasons team
Why do some people feel the need to harp back to last season- we have all given our thoughts about last seasons horror show but we have moved on with different personnel
Why cant we just enjoy the ride we are currently on without having to knit pick over silly little things
Yes we will have bumps in the road but we are only in September- the league is not won in September it is a long hard non forgiving season but we have warriors who are committed from minute 1 to the final whistle, we have no passengers & a never say die attitude
This team is going places & i for one are certainly enjoying the ride :D

Jun 27, 2019
I assume that you are basing that opinion on the fact that, last season after 9 games, we had 15 points, whereas, this season, we have 18; only 3 more.
I would prefer to base my opinion of ‘form’ on the way this team is playing compared to the way last season’s team was playing at this stage of the season.
In my opinion, this team is in far better form than last season’s and I am confident that we will have a much more successful season.
And to reinforce your point, we've notched up three wins by a margin of 3+ goals so far this season, whereas last season we didn't have any.

We may only be three points better off but we look in far better shape and have much more experience in the team to fall back on when things inevitably take a turn for the worse.

Reactions: saxman

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I still want to see a Mayor Broom Houghton midfield, certainly for home games against lower positioned teams in the league who come for a draw.

And where does Pan come into this equation? Drop him...for no apparent reason other than to make way for someone who has been injured since the beginning of the season?

Do that and you will end up with one very unhappy player...and rightly so!

Mar 1, 2008
Without the energy of Broom and Pan in the midfield we would be a weaker team. And he cant play the Houghton role. I just don't see where Mayor gets in without a drop in form of Broom or Pan.

Aug 22, 2020
I think everyone is reading into it a bit to much, Ryan Lowes golden boy he’s signed a new contact here he is probably being bought back to fitness slowly if we weren’t performing im sure he would be in the team straight away, RL is very cautious with Injury’s any niggles they are straight off the pitch. Maybe he seen that George copper was rushed back and then got injured again and doesn’t want that for mayor

Dec 16, 2004
I really like Broom and his energy. I have noticed though that the Grant/Mayor overlap doesn't work as well with Grant/Broom. I'm guessing it's just a case of playing together more. It seems to me that Broom hasn't quite got it yet. For me, as it stands, I would have Broom ahead of Mayor. Mayor could be a great impact sub against tired legs.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Let’s be real, most of us spent the last few weeks before the season questioning squad depth. So the idea that a fully fit Danny Mayor won’t be an important player for us this year is way off base. Camara and Broom cannot play every single game at this level of intensity. They are only human.

Danny Mayor has spent two years being the sole creative force in our midfield. There were two many games where we needed him to create something out of nothing and as a result if he was below par, the team was too. In his absence, Broom has been excellent and Camara has been too. They have added more end product to their game (even if it does not show in goals and assists). They are making key passes and better decisions. That means we do not have to rely on Mayor to do it all. There will be games where all 3 can play, others where we don’t need two CM’s going box to box. There’s also periods where we have lots of fixtures close together. We now have options, and good ones. It’s a real positive as far as I’m concerned.

The teams good form should not be used as a stick to beat Mayor with when he has been a good player for us over the last two seasons.