Danny Mayor to Tranmere? | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor to Tranmere?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Balham_Green":1gjs4vcw said:
Knibbsworth":1gjs4vcw said:
The same ones who create for Sarcevic?

Er Mayor perhaps....?
I see he was strongly involved in 2 of our goals yesterday. Am sure he would get even better if fans got behind him.Always a tough gig to replace Ruben and Carey.

Yeah, come on Devonport Enders. Sing his name a bit. He needs to feel the love. Ryan Lowe already knows you love him!

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":36r9lhb0 said:
Knibbsworth":36r9lhb0 said:
The same ones who create for Sarcevic?

Er Mayor perhaps....?
I see he was strongly involved in 2 of our goals yesterday. Am sure he would get even better if fans got behind him.Always a tough gig to replace Ruben and Carey.

Who isn't behind Mayor? He is a well-liked player. It is a bit far fetched to suggest Mayor creates all of Sarcevic's goals and absolutely everything in this team. I see you picked one of George Cooper's quiet afternoons to try and make this point.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Not sure how often you go to HP Knibbs (not patronising you, just donā€™t know) but there are a sizeable number certainly in the Lyndhurst who give him stick rather than encouragement. There is a miserable old tw*t who sits close to me who is always criticising him and Lowe LOUDLY. He was one of the first to start booing earlier in the season. Face like a bulldog chewing a wasp throughout the games and Iā€™ve had words with him twice now. Just canā€™t help myself!

Mark Colling

ā™£ļø PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Devongreenowl":98oi7fsk said:
Not sure how often you go to HP Knibbs (not patronising you, just donā€™t know) but there are a sizeable number certainly in the Lyndhurst who give him stick rather than encouragement. There is a miserable old tw*t who sits close to me who is always criticising him and Lowe LOUDLY. He was one of the first to start booing earlier in the season. Face like a bulldog chewing a wasp throughout the games and Iā€™ve had words with him twice now. Just canā€™t help myself!
I was in the Lyndhurst for the Stevenage game and the difference in reaction to Mayor losing the ball compared with when Sarcevic lost it was marked. The "he's better than Carey" stuff hasn't helped but I just don't get it.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Mark_Colling":1ld7lg6d said:
Devongreenowl":1ld7lg6d said:
I was in the Lyndhurst for the Stevenage game and the difference in reaction to Mayor losing the ball compared with when Sarcevic lost it was marked. The "he's better than Carey" stuff hasn't helped but I just don't get it.

Yep. That was definitely a mistake by Ryan Lowe, who hasnā€™t made many. I did have a little frown yesterday when I read his description of Jephcott as a goal machine. Hopefully that doesnā€™t come back to bite him too.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Devongreenowl":29rf1c20 said:

Fantastic image! I think that you just have to accept that some people lead sad lives for whatever reason and can't help unloading like that. Send him love, it's probably what he needs. :greensmile:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
saxman":3gtd5vow said:
Devongreenowl":3gtd5vow said:

Fantastic image! I think that you just have to accept that some people lead sad lives for whatever reason and can't help unloading like that. Send him love, it's probably what he needs. :greensmile:

Geeyore lad. Iā€™m from Sheffield!!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Devongreenowl":1v3xyfsi said:
I did have a little frown yesterday when I read his description of Jephcott as a goal machine. Hopefully that doesnā€™t come back to bite him too.

It was said with very much a twinkle in his eye and mocking the media types that would write such nonsense.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦
Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
What i noticed yesterday was the team not creating spaces up front, the number of times we brought the ball into the penalty area and we ended up passing the ball right across the penalty area to players facing the wrong way, the only players who moved into open spaces were Jephcott and Hardie and from that they scored 3 goals. there were too many players standing still in the area, both Argyles and Carlisle all marking each other. if somehow the players could be spread out in would create more space and Mayor would be able to take advantage of this space.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Never thought Danny Mayor would even consider going to relegation candidates Tranmere, but itā€™s even less likely when one considers their appalling pitch, on which he would surely find it impossible to shine.

Emma Hayes the Chelsea womenā€™s manager recently described Prenton Park as having the worst pitch in the womenā€™s league, calling it a ā€˜stain on their football clubā€™ before later apologising. But we all know what she meant.

When one considers Argyleā€™s bowling green surface, it makes our Tranmere friends claim look a trifle optimistic. Danny Mayor prefers playing on a proper pitch to something akin to a Sunday league bog.
Ps - I wonā€™t be apologising! :scarf:

Jan 9, 2020
Devongreenowl":30x69szr said:
Ok. Letā€™s just believe the Tranmere fan instead then.

I honestly couldn't care less whether you believe me or not. A number of credible posters on our side have reported this. I thought i'd post to hear if anyone has heard anything your end. Your posts are pretty poor by the way, you come across like you own the place shouting down fellow Arygle fans.

You don't know Danny yourself, and he may like our bad pitch!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
TRFCSWA":2plj3xha said:
Devongreenowl":2plj3xha said:
Ok. Letā€™s just believe the Tranmere fan instead then.

I honestly couldn't care less whether you believe me or not. A number of credible posters on our side have reported this. I thought i'd post to hear if anyone has heard anything your end. Your posts are pretty poor by the way, you come across like you own the place shouting down fellow Arygle fans.

You don't know Danny yourself, and he may like our bad pitch!
We do not know Danny personally but we have a monthly meeting of a group named Senior Greens.
Players are invited as guests and Danny recently attended a meeting. He was, of course, made very welcome and told us that he was very happy at Plymouth. His partner and young child had joined him and they were enjoying living in the area and he was enjoying his football as he did with Bury.
Obviously, situations can change but I would be amazed if he left in the January transfer window and even more so if he decided to join Tranmere.
If you are looking to sign a talented, skilful midfielder I think you need to look elsewhere.