Danny Mayor signs for 2 more years | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor signs for 2 more years

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
PL2 3DQ":3nxwrupt said:
Or if Mayor does stay how about trying him on the right side and Cooper on the left although it would make Camara redundant.
Or even play Cooper on the right, that would mean both he and Mayor would be on their wrong feet and able to cut inside.

George Cooper whilst having a great left foot is a two footed player so I’m sure can easily play RM opposite Danny Mayor.

I think this would be perfect for us imo.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Any whispers?

Sep 2, 2008
Tugboat":6ab2wixz said:
saxman":6ab2wixz said:
Will he or won't he? Anyone got any inside info?

I know I’m being pessimistic but my gut feeling is if he was going to sign then maybe he would have by now.

I wonder if he’s had other offers and he’s weighing it up or if he’s just negotiating the deal from argyle.

I reckon you're spot on Tuggers. I reckon he's off back up North closer to home. Lowe said the Contract has been on the table as soon as the season finished and he's also spoken to him F2F so whats the delay? I believe he's only met Lowe out of courtesy and he's told Lowe he's off. Location probably doesn't suit.... :shock:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Signings are all about timing this time of year. Season tickets sales dipping? Add a player.

Aug 24, 2009
I do not share the support of Cooper, In our promotion season he combined with Mayor well and his delivery was fantastic, that was it, he offered nothing else, he cannot tackle, he does not track back when necessary and I feel he is going to struggle. I think we signed him on a 3 year contract which was not good business. In the 12 games he played before being injured he was nowhere near the standards he set for himself in the previous season.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
charlieboy":2xmeq647 said:
I do not share the support of Cooper, In our promotion season he combined with Mayor well and his delivery was fantastic, that was it, he offered nothing else, he cannot tackle, he does not track back when necessary and I feel he is going to struggle. I think we signed him on a 3 year contract which was not good business. In the 12 games he played before being injured he was nowhere near the standards he set for himself in the previous season.

I agree :clap:

Sep 2, 2008
Doyley43":vutal12a said:
charlieboy":vutal12a said:

I agree :clap:

2 agree. Lowe has made a couple of good acquisitions (Edwards, Ennis) but Cooper is another example of a bad one and we've still got to pay him for another two years

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I just think we need to play Cooper in the best position that suits Argyle, and to me that is RM.

Jul 12, 2004
I hope he goes. The obsession with giving him the ball and then nothing happens causes immense problems. The suggestion that Cooper does not tackle or track back can equally be applied to Mayor.

Oct 28, 2011
Nottingham
It would l be difficult to find someone with the same skill-set as Mayor. Maybe we haven't seen the best of him in terms of scoring goals but he does offer so much more in other respects.

I hope that he signs.

Jun 27, 2019
Depends on his wage. Could we pick up a more effective player for what we're paying him?

I'm a big DM fan and I think we'd struggle to find a player in the same mould as him. That said, even his biggest supporters would accept he hasn't given us enough in terms of goals and assists. We could probably find an attacking midfielder who would give us more in that department, but probably not in terms of his dribbling and composure. The way he turns defence into attack with just one dribble is not something you see in many players at our level.

So what we'd potentially gain in one area we'd probably lose in another.

Jul 12, 2004
I don't want him to stay because I think he is a liability. In a data driven world I am even surprised that Lowe has offered a contract. I think it is one assist and one goal last season. Move on and then Lowe will have to be more of a manager and stop thinking that Mayor will, eventually, come good in terms of end product.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
WoodsyGreen":1sehvbsr said:
Depends on his wage. Could we pick up a more effective player for what we're paying him?

I'm a big DM fan and I think we'd struggle to find a player in the same mould as him. That said, even his biggest supporters would accept he hasn't given us enough in terms of goals and assists. We could probably find an attacking midfielder who would give us more in that department, but probably not in terms of his dribbling and composure. The way he turns defence into attack with just one dribble is not something you see in many players at our level.

So what we'd potentially gain in one area we'd probably lose in another.

We don't need a a player in the same mould.....we need a player who scores goals and has his fare amount of assists per season....and that isn't Mayor.

Jan 27, 2012
Mayor must be one of the top earners at the club. His ball skills are sublime, but he is only worth re-signing if Argyle can make the best use of his talents. His flashes of brilliance never seem to carry much attacking threat and he seems somehow wasted out on the wing where his influence on games can be limited. As others have said, Gary Cooper could play in that position and proably do more damage with his crossing ability.