Danny Mayor signs for 2 more years | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor signs for 2 more years

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
It’s certainly down there!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I wonder how the conversation went yesterday.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
No news is more likely to mean not signing.

Despite saying he was open to stay he hasn't done a Joe - some Argyle fans will be happy.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Does he have an agent? If so I’m guessing they will deal with the nitty gritty contractual arrangements.

Mayor and his wife coming in for a chat makes me think they are very open to the possibility and probably asking /discussing future arrangements.

I see it as a positive.

Either that or they’ve come in to tell Lowe that’s he’s had a bumper championship offer and he’s off. :oops:

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Maybe RL has given him the weekend to mull over what they discussed yesterday- RL has come out & said Danny his not the type of person to mess him about so i guess we will know in couple of days whether he has accepted his contract offer or whether he will be moving on to pastures new

RL will not want a repeat of the McFadz saga of last season & no doubt he will have irons in the fire if DM chooses to move on

P

Paranoid Android

It'll be a slight relief for me if Danny does go to be honest. I've nothing against him at all, nice guy and brilliant at what he does. He's just an enigma for me. It's just what he does at Argyle is take momentum out of our attacks by heading for the left corner to play tippy tap with the wing back. I just contrast that with earlier in the season (when we were scoring goals) George Cooper was more direct swinging early crosses in, there was much less dithering about and giving defences time to set up, in my view. Time will tell, but I suspect if Danny goes, George will slot in and we'll have more thrust and a better balance to the team. Just my view.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Or if Mayor does stay how about trying him on the right side and Cooper on the left although it would make Camara redundant.
Or even play Cooper on the right, that would mean both he and Mayor would be on their wrong feet and able to cut inside.

P

Paranoid Android

PL2 3DQ":2r1pot13 said:
Or if Mayor does stay how about trying him on the right side and Cooper on the left although it would make Camara redundant.
Or even play Cooper on the right, that would mean both he and Mayor would be on their wrong feet and able to cut inside.

I agree pretty much, if he stays they’ve got to find a way of him and George working in a formation that’s most effective to them. Cooper isn’t a wing back. The one way I can see is going one striker up front and play Mayor and Cooper behind them. Maybe move Camara to defensive mid. He’s got good range in his stride, covers ground and he steals the ball from the opposition. In the way Diagoraga did for us.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
PL2 3DQ":2xemtyy2 said:

Mayor on the left, Cooper on the right of the midfield three is what I always imagined would happen after Cooper was signed. I suspect that the only reason it didn’t is that Sarcevic suddenly came into form and was undroppable and then Cooper was shoehorned into the left wingback position when McFadzean was injured and we had no obvious replacement. I think that would be a very effective attacking formation but yes, it would leave Camara on the bench.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Devongreenowl":2pp3258z said:
Ponty":2pp3258z said:
Devongreenowl????

Knock it on the head pal...

Try not to be a jerk Ponty. Ridiculous comment for you to make with no justification whatsoever. I await an apology
winker. I'll meet you anytime to swap our differences.
Welcome to 2021.