Credit to Walton | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Credit to Walton

Feb 9, 2011
hope simon walton leads us again next year
typical marmite player i hate marmite but love walts
and take his goals away and where would we be

Mar 9, 2011
I personally feel sorry for all the bashing Simon Walton has had against him.

Whatever people think of him ... he DOES care about PAFC getting through our second fight for survival.

Oct 24, 2010
Walton did OK today, worked hard and passed the ball well in the first half and dug in with Wotton in the second.

Mar 14, 2009
Is he out of contract then?

He joined in August 2008 and I am sure he got a 3 year deal with a possible year's extension.

So this season makes it his fourth year.

I think if he had the application to get up and down the pitch then he could be a good player. To me he does not have an engine. So he is either a CB or dare I say it a Sweeper. You cant have Wotton and Walton in the midfield again next year. Teams will just encamp on our 18 yard box like we have already seen!

Good teams have midfield players who can get in both boxes. If you dont have the pace you can stil be a good player and control the tempo of a game, e.g. like Danny Murphy does. However, if people are honest he doesnt even do this. So how do you fit him into the team?

N

newquaygreen

Simon Walton did okay today from where i was sitting in block 4.
Had some good headers actually, better passing than Wotton and made some good tackels too.
I think if he stays he will make a good captain next year and after all the rubbish we have endured this season he deserves some credit for getting on with it.
Next season will be very diffeent and the players who stay will fell some kind of achievement. This will bode well going forward :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Dec 20, 2011
:problem: Walton was poor today but wotton was not much better....Same as every week... our midfield is our big weakness.

However credit to our defence. Purse and Blanchard in particular.

Aug 22, 2006
GreenSam":3bizs13k said:
After the kerfuffle of the weekened, I think he deserves praise for today. Really stepped up his game, aside from one shocker at the start played some clever passes, broke up play with some good interceptions and short passes as well. Was very poor at Hereford (not withstanding the penalty) but I think he looked a like more like his best today. Seemed very vocal in a good way too. Thoughts?

Jeez this makes sense now looking at the Soukouna post.
Just to point out I'm in no doubt whatseoever that he gives it his all... 110%

BTW no point anyone mentioning Summerfield in this argument. Generally players will be singled out if they have performed poorly, some more than others, and some of the time it gets a bit unfair. Saying that I remember the hilarious/ridiculous abuse that Buzsaky used to get! So it doesn't just happen to poor players.
Back to my point.
Summers got abuse in the championship, some of it was over the top but generally 3 years down the line most of us were spot on with the constructive criticism we gave him otherwise he'd be playing in league 1 or even the championship. It's that simple.
Walton's an "ok" player. That's that.

Mar 10, 2011
Plymouth
Sue Pollard":358idomb said:
I personally feel sorry for all the bashing Simon Walton has had against him.

Whatever people think of him ... he DOES care about PAFC getting through our second fight for survival.

Totally agree Sue, Simon gets alot of stick from idiots on here, Yeah he makes a few mistakes but lets face it, HE IS ONLY HUMAN. But god when he is on form he is on form, his passes are pin point and at the end of the day he is our top scorer and when he is not on form he is just as good as any man on that pitch. Fact. Time to support everyone in the team not slag them off

:scarf:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Not totally Walton related but it would be nice / interesting to see our players have a game where there was no pressure from either not being paid or from any/every mistake potentially leading to relegation.

gil

Feb 22, 2008
Walton certainly doesn't deserve the stick he gets both on here and at Home Park.

My biggest criticism of him yesterday would be losing the ball too often as a result of too much time on the ball. I suppose its difficult to have a player who picks passes without some time on the ball so maybe it reflects on the rest of the players around him. Not enough movement generally around the team at times. I thought the midfield struggled a little yesterday and that contributed to us sitting too deep.

But to constantly slate Walton the way some fans do seems a little obsessive. I'm sure Wotton benefits from it though.

Sep 23, 2005
Not surprised by the undeserved venom levelled at Wotts, ever was it so and backed by testimonials by those that don't usually go? As if that gives it more credence.
I am with Sam, he is my first pick and makes such a great contribution since he returned:

C

callum no7

I thought he was good yesterday. Not his best, but certainly not a poor performance.

People around me were bemoaning him when he held up the ball and was fouled for the free kick that led to our goal. He had pass options in Chadders and Feeno, but they were both well makred. His choice to drag the ball back created him some space to give it out wide, which he looked as though he was about to do before he was fouled.

He was a body on the line in front of the Aldershot attack, which in a game like that was exactly what we needed. With the exception of Purse and Blanchard (who were outstanding again), no one really played great, but they gave everything and were determined to grind out that victory!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Jul 4, 2008
newton abbot
How anyone can slate Walton is beyond me! The man is the best distributor of the ball in the team. He is not a defensively minded midfielder, although he does his bit! The manner of winning games in the precarious position Argyle are in, the priority has to be winning, not how we win, or how attractive the football is. I agree we need to see Walton and the rest of the team play when the pressure is off!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Would he get into any other team in the football league?

The answer is yes.

I'd like to see either Walton OR Wotton in the middle.. Not both.