Credit to Walton | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Credit to Walton

Feb 21, 2011
Camelford Green":1py1szt3 said:
PAFC+":1py1szt3 said:
Camelford Green":1py1szt3 said:
I went with a (former) Canadian pro footballer today - his first time at Argyle - and he picked out Walton as possibly the worst professional player he'd ever seen anywhere.

Ex Candian pro footballer you say?! Canadian?! Oh well that's settled the the argument then.

:facepalm:

Yes, a former team-mate of Jason Bent's. Remember him?
kenny Cooper is a team mate of thierry Henry says it all really ......

Mar 23, 2008
Frank_Butcher":wbvff8r1 said:
The ONLY player in green who wanted to pick a pass instead of hoofing it - also contributed his fair share of tackles.

Agree with Sam, deserves credit today.
Funny how people see games differently. We were crying out for someone to calm it down and put their foot on the ball and no-one did. All he did was hoof it forward but then so did everyone else in a backs to the wall performance.

Dec 28, 2010
BadBoy":2d1q4dor said:
Camelford Green":2d1q4dor said:
PAFC+":2d1q4dor said:
Camelford Green":2d1q4dor said:
I went with a (former) Canadian pro footballer today - his first time at Argyle - and he picked out Walton as possibly the worst professional player he'd ever seen anywhere.

Ex Candian pro footballer you say?! Canadian?! Oh well that's settled the the argument then.

:facepalm:

Yes, a former team-mate of Jason Bent's. Remember him?
kenny Cooper is a team mate of thierry Henry says it all really ......

Cant argue with that. Thats a fair point raised!

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i thought walton was appalling and wotton was even worse. we got three points and that is all that matters as hopefully walton will leave in 4 matches time

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
In a relegation scrap we need experienced midfield battlers and, with respect, Young or Hourihane are not experienced battlers.

Today the poor weather conditions and the way Aldershot played meant that Walton and Wotton couldn't put their foot on the ball so instead they did the dirty work and battled to protect the back four.

For what it's worth I appreciate what Walton has done this season; before December he led a very young and inexperienced team, he's our top scorer and captain, he played for no wages and, most of all, he cares about PAFC.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
John_Doe":1f9svxq5 said:
Its funny because what I saw today was a man who cares, but just doesn't have the ability. Passes went astray, he was caught ball watching too many times, and he always just ambles around without really getting stuck in.

I was sat with three guys who don't watch Argyle that much and they all said he looked the weak link and was pedestrian. For me, I've felt the same since some decent players have come into the squad since November, although he did a sterling job captaining the team up until then.

The sooner he's gone the better imho. Give the captains armband to Wotton.

He does care, and I genuinely think he has ability, just going through a low spot for confidence at the moment.

In regards to OP he really had a poor game today, and that is happening too often, but it doesnot help having useless hoof next to him, I know Johnson and n'gala got the 'chuckle brothers' tag a couple of years ago, but these two are the genuine article!

Well done fletch for being the man to oversee our survival, excellent work, but let's have you back in the middle where you belong!

Aug 18, 2006
He was part of the team, my team , that ground out a victory that takes us closer to safety when only weeks ago that looked unlikely. I am as proud of him as i am of the whole team .If i could shake the hand of every one of them i would.

Mar 31, 2006
Bradford Yorkshire
the amount of abuse this guy gets is the same as summerfield got.

He will become better the higher up the leagues we go, IF, he can stay fit (and possibly get fitter)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Deacster":3bk12pdn said:
Frank_Butcher":3bk12pdn said:
The ONLY player in green who wanted to pick a pass instead of hoofing it - also contributed his fair share of tackles.

Agree with Sam, deserves credit today.
Funny how people see games differently. We were crying out for someone to calm it down and put their foot on the ball and no-one did. All he did was hoof it forward but then so did everyone else in a backs to the wall performance.

yes exactly, my main criticism of him is that he is a player who could, a player who can but doesn't!! (often enough)

he should be a star in Div 2, sort of Charlie Adams for Blackpool figure

more like Charlie Williams in Blackpool at the moment!! :oops:

A

A J

PL2 3DQ":q1v6f96r said:
In a relegation scrap we need experienced midfield battlers and, with respect, Young or Hourihane are not experienced battlers.

Today the poor weather conditions and the way Aldershot played meant that Walton and Wotton couldn't put their foot on the ball so instead they did the dirty work and battled to protect the back four.

For what it's worth I appreciate what Walton has done this season; before December he led a very young and inexperienced team, he's our top scorer and captain, he played for no wages and, most of all, he cares about PAFC.

100% agree, Aldershot were big and ugly, they came with the game plan of not letting us keep the ball,purse and blanchard immense..wotton and walton battled hard in there, earlier in the season walton would of lost his head in a game like todays and would probably have seen red, but he dudnt and all credit to him.

Mar 2, 2008
GreenSam":8tqohzci said:
After the kerfuffle of the weekened, I think he deserves praise for today. Really stepped up his game, aside from one shocker at the start played some clever passes, broke up play with some good interceptions and short passes as well. Was very poor at Hereford (not withstanding the penalty) but I think he looked a like more like his best today. Seemed very vocal in a good way too. Thoughts?
I hope you are not writing this as a wind-up in the knowledge of knowing that a certain ex-poster cannot reply...

Dec 28, 2010
James Owen":3gujqjzl said:
the amount of abuse this guy gets is the same as summerfield got.

He will become better the higher up the leagues we go, IF, he can stay fit (and possibly get fitter)

To be fair though Summers got all the stick that imo he didnt deserve but the difference is Summerfield was/is a better player than Walton.
He was a good passer of the ball, intellegent when reading the game and was not bad at set pieces.
Simon Walton came with the reputation as one of the Leeds golden boys who had lost his way slightly but i havent seen one ounce of that during his time at Argyle.

Imho he is an average league two player at his best.

A

Argyle1886

GreenSam":3fm649cc said:
After the kerfuffle of the weekened, I think he deserves praise for today. Really stepped up his game, aside from one shocker at the start played some clever passes, broke up play with some good interceptions and short passes as well. Was very poor at Hereford (not withstanding the penalty) but I think he looked a like more like his best today. Seemed very vocal in a good way too. Thoughts?
:iagree:

Frustrating footballer. Although, when he steps up his game he actually looks like a decent, intelligent footballer with the passes/movement he makes in his role.

Oct 28, 2011
Walton was no worse then anyone else today.

I didn't think anyone stood out today as a 'good player' ( except Blanchard). The game was scrappy and although nobody stood out as good nobody really stood out as awful cos they were all pretty bad!

Purse although won his fair share of tackles etc did give some silly free kicks away. Williams was as bad giving the ball away this afternoon as anyone else, all he did was hoof it straight back to the opposition! But again some crucial headers and blocks.

Wotton was never good at passing, but he does put some tackles in.. and Walton wasn't the most agile and aggressive, but put some good blocks and tackles in- can't fault him for not caring cos its pretty obvious he does!

Feeney works hard and he's exactly the type of striker i want, but my god how many times was he offside today? Feeney needs to time his runs a bit better! Chadwick had a bad game thought he was awful...

but at the end of the day we won and i don't care about the rest!

I'll worry about performance next season! its points that matter! and we got 3!!!!