Credit to Walton | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Credit to Walton

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
After the kerfuffle of the weekened, I think he deserves praise for today. Really stepped up his game, aside from one shocker at the start played some clever passes, broke up play with some good interceptions and short passes as well. Was very poor at Hereford (not withstanding the penalty) but I think he looked a like more like his best today. Seemed very vocal in a good way too. Thoughts?

Mar 23, 2008
Real mixed bag again. Wanted time on the ball when a quick pass would have been better and when he had time on the ball panicked and hoofed it straight to the opposition. Gave his all and made some good blocks but we do need him to move on in order for us to progress.

Feb 21, 2011
GreenSam":3m839k1x said:
After the kerfuffle of the weekened, I think he deserves praise for today. Really stepped up his game, aside from one shocker at the start played some clever passes, broke up play with some good interceptions and short passes as well. Was very poor at Hereford (not withstanding the penalty) but I think he looked a like more like his best today. Seemed very vocal in a good way too. Thoughts?
Agree entirely although not pretty the two W's were solid if not pretty today.

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
Sorry Sam, I thought he was dreadful today - much worse than against Bradford. He was woefully off the pace, barely made a pass of note all game, certainly no tackles, just a couple of blocks. His contribution appeared to be standing around waving his arms at other people. I went with a (former) Canadian pro footballer today - his first time at Argyle - and he picked out Walton as possibly the worst professional player he'd ever seen anywhere.

Not doubting his heart or commitment to the cause but he is nowhere near the standard required. I understand (though don't agree with) Fletcher's rationale for playing him over Luke Young - but I was *very* distressed to learn today that the price of his wage cut was giving him another year on his contract.

Dec 28, 2010
Mixed bag was the best way to sum him up imo.

Still think some people overrate him a bit too much, he is an average league two player when he is at his best.

Agree with the previous poster that its best for both parties when he moves on, a fresh start for him somewhere is in my opinion what he needs.

Its funny because what I saw today was a man who cares, but just doesn't have the ability. Passes went astray, he was caught ball watching too many times, and he always just ambles around without really getting stuck in.

I was sat with three guys who don't watch Argyle that much and they all said he looked the weak link and was pedestrian. For me, I've felt the same since some decent players have come into the squad since November, although he did a sterling job captaining the team up until then.

The sooner he's gone the better imho. Give the captains armband to Wotton.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Camelford Green":m1is9wp1 said:
Sorry Sam, I thought he was dreadful today - much worse than against Bradford. He was woefully off the pace, barely made a pass of note all game, certainly no tackles, just a couple of blocks. His contribution appeared to be standing around waving his arms at other people.

No tackles :facepalm: I saw him make a lot of tackles. He was putting his body everywhere. Asides a few stray passes I thought that was the best game he's had in a long time. What f*cks me off is the crowd get on his back if he loses possession, but Wotton did even more times. It doesn't help there was a complete lack of movement up-front making it impossible to play a decent pass.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
The ONLY player in green who wanted to pick a pass instead of hoofing it - also contributed his fair share of tackles.

Agree with Sam, deserves credit today.

Jul 29, 2010
Greenpafcpete":3ur6xwzu said:
Mixed bag was the best way to sum him up imo.

Still think some people overrate him a bit too much, he is an average league two player when he is at his best.

Agree with the previous poster that its best for both parties when he moves on, a fresh start for him somewhere is in my opinion what he needs.

That's the nicest way to say how I view him. Today was no different to all the games before. He plays like a 30 somthing when he's actually in what should be his prime. Time to move on, and we need to move forward.

Nov 11, 2006
Camelford Green":324ensdp said:
I went with a (former) Canadian pro footballer today - his first time at Argyle - and he picked out Walton as possibly the worst professional player he'd ever seen anywhere.

Ex Candian pro footballer you say?! Canadian?! Oh well that's settled the the argument then.

:facepalm:

Dec 28, 2010
PAFC+":e5g4azm3 said:
Camelford Green":e5g4azm3 said:
I went with a (former) Canadian pro footballer today - his first time at Argyle - and he picked out Walton as possibly the worst professional player he'd ever seen anywhere.
Ex Candian pro footballer you say?! Canadian?! Oh well that's settled the the argument then.

Jason Bent cover your ears my son, he doesnt mean it honest!

Dec 28, 2010
PAFC+":1e8nj4w4 said:
Camelford Green":1e8nj4w4 said:

Jason Bent cover your ears my son, he doesnt mean it honest!

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
PAFC+":qysrse3n said:
Camelford Green":qysrse3n said:

Yes, a former team-mate of Jason Bent's. Remember him?

Nov 11, 2006
Camelford Green":1j64ufu4 said:
PAFC+":1j64ufu4 said:
Camelford Green":1j64ufu4 said:

Yes, a former team-mate of Jason Bent's. Remember him?

Indeed I do, fair point, but even if it came from Jason Bent himself it would still be an utterly ridiculous statment for any ex-pro to make based on one game, especially considering the general level of football in places like Canada.