Crackdown on pitch invasions and flares | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Crackdown on pitch invasions and flares

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
You a mate of nikkkk by any chance?
That's the kind of nonsense attitude we had last season from them.
What if I am , what if I am not ...
Nonsense attitude ... so you are the superior being that feels that their purpose is to condemn other folk ... That's a very high perch you are sitting on ... I hope you don't fall off ...

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
What was I missing? Verstappen and Leclerc said the flares 'weren't too bad' but the article, comments and linked Twitter feed show that clearly some people have complained and made a fuss. Which you said hadn't happened.

They're rubbish. You can't see, you get smoke in your throat and eyes, and all to look like you're at an American MLS game trying to look like European ultras.
Another pedant ...
So your real reason is that it makes you look naff ...

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
200.gif

Reactions: Daz

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
They are not going to prosecute 5000 pitch invaders.
Banning a club from collecting/lifting the trophy and celebrating would be far easier to enforce.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
They are not going to prosecute 5000 pitch invaders.
Banning a club from collecting/lifting the trophy and celebrating would be far easier to enforce.
The alternative could perhaps be to ban the Club from participating in the EFL or compulsory relegation. If the Football League mean business then watch-out regarding their level of sanctions. it will not be funny if that happens.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I think they mean business, but there is no way the punishment will be as severe as relegation or banning the club from the EFL.

Oct 14, 2015
Google “injuries from flares or pyrotechnics” and tell those who have suffered life changing injuries that there fun and no harm can be caused. Similarly tell some fans who already have severe breathing difficulties or severe asthma that the smoke coming from there doesn’t make the sick and in some cases hospitalisation…

Nov 9, 2011
The use of flares/ smoke bombs has become more widespread in the English leagues and are prominent in Europe for years.
Genuine questions as I have never actually seen or held one.

Where the hell do they get them from?
Are they actually dangerous?
Is there heat involved?
Are the actually illegal both inside or outside the football environment?

Trust me I have no intention or interest as a 60 yo bloke in getting any but I am just curious. Flares seem to ignite arguments amongst the fan base .

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
A Football Banning Order (which comes with a criminal record) should not be confused with a club ban. A club does not need the backing of a magistrate to ban an individual from entering their premises. From what I am reading, CLUB bans will be encouraged and information of individuals will be passed to Police but if the law decides not to make any criminal proceedings, the club ban will remain. This of course may be difficult to enforce and police but will be supported with recourses made available through the various football authorities.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
A Football Banning Order (which comes with a criminal record) should not be confused with a club ban. A club does not need the backing of a magistrate to ban an individual from entering their premises. From what I am reading, CLUB bans will be encouraged and information of individuals will be passed to Police but if the law decides not to make any criminal proceedings, the club ban will remain. This of course may be difficult to enforce and police but will be supported with recourses made available through the various football authorities.

Not all football banning orders come with a criminal record, there is two types of the football banning orders first one is civil and second is criminal and it’s the criminal one that comes with a criminal record

Reactions: Lundan Cabbie
Dec 3, 2005
Simple isn't it - if YOU enter any establishment with set rules of entry - you either abide by those rules or not go into that establishment. Or if you enter with the intention to break and you proceed to break the rules/laws you get chucked out and banned. Not complicated is it.
Just like PASOTI has rules, if you break them you get a ban.

Reactions: Lundan Cabbie
Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
It spoils the enjoyment of the vast majority who don’t feel the need to break the law - regardless of how you want to word it.

It also prevents, or delays the team from doing a lap of honour and returning to the pitch.
Why does that bother or effect you? Genuine question.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
The bottom line is the Court will not prosecute tens of thousands of people at any one time nor will the EFL sanction clubs beyond a fine or playing a game or two behind closed doors. I cannot believe people genuinely think the EFL would relegate or expel a club. Laughable.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
Why does that bother or effect you? Genuine question.
If the club get fined, especially if it is significant, the money will be go on the burghers of the EFL Christmas party rather than paying for argyle players. I have views on the individual issues here, but they are overriden if their is a financial cost to Argyle.

Reactions: Tugboat