Coughlan/Adams Bust Up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Coughlan/Adams Bust Up

Mar 14, 2009
Adams always winds managers up. People say it’s great it sticks up for Argyle. He isn’t. It’s about his ego. He doesn’t do criticism of himself. That includes us fans. Remember at HP, earlier in the season?

There are many examples of here and Ross County where he just fails to conduct himself in a professional manner.

People have short memories.

If this incident was over Rovers #15 then lm afraid Argyle fans took the mick when 2-1 up by not giving him the ball back. Their player basically gave some back when they equalised by holding their hand to their ear.

It was banter. If you can’t take it. Don’t dish it out to opposition players.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
nick_PASTIE":2m1w9lz5 said:
Whatever happened Managers shouldn’t confront opposition players, it was similar I felt with Southend issue and Simon Cox, Adams seems to really go for opposition players and lose the plot on occasion.

He does need to be more dignified in my view, and deal with any issues through appropriate channels and in private.
Exactly how I see it.

He needs to have a bit more class and show some restraint.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
If I'm right (I could be wrong) I think the player he waited for was the one who went to take a throw in before their second goal, the Lyndhurst threw the ball over him and gave it the big "weeeeyyyy" and then he went and gave them a bit back when they scored their equaliser.

Adams didn't like that I assume and he waited for him to have words. I've got no issue with him sticking up for his fans and his club, in fact, well done Derek Adams, if that is what happened.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Carlo":3c6nccmc said:
GreenThing":3c6nccmc said:
That’s right, stick up for the opposition as usual. Personally I like the idea of an Argyle manager sticking up for Argyle, but hey ho, each to their own.

I agree.

But I don’t expect to see you moan when TCE stock up for Argyle

Adams wagging his finger at an opposition player is not the same as football hooliganism. :facepalm:

May 1, 2011
He was quick to use the Yob early in the season when describing his own supporters. Some of here were purring praise on him for doing so. The irony may now be lost on some.

Still just a storm in a tea cup however.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Bristol Rich":13ok7ps6 said:
He was quick to use the Yob early in the season when describing his own supporters. Some of here were purring praise on him for doing so. The irony may now be lost on some.

There's also the hypocrisy of those who defended fans shouting abuse but are now slagging off Adams.

May 1, 2011
GreenThing":26xtyppp said:
Bristol Rich":26xtyppp said:

There's also the hypocrisy of those who defended fans shouting abuse but are now slagging off Adams.

I'm not slagging Adams off, it was a storm in a teacup. I'm saying it's ironic.
Fans telling Adams it's effing rubbish in the heat of the moment is also nothing more than a storm in a teacup.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm an Argyle fan, anything we do is good everything the opposition does isn't.

As far as i'm concerned, The Gas are the Anti Christ.

Nov 10, 2008
cambridgeshire
Adams was very unprofessional the way he behaved at the end and let himself down.Its his actions and comments like this that continues to split the fan base.The way he went at the player ,mouthing off and then getting in his face clapping was only going to provoke the rovers staff.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
cornishbob":28218duj said:
Adams was very unprofessional the way he behaved at the end and let himself down.Its his actions and comments like this that continues to split the fan base.The way he went at the player ,mouthing off and then getting in his face clapping was only going to provoke the rovers staff.
Derek clapping? surely some mistake.

May 1, 2011
IJN":lohpgcr9 said:
I'm an Argyle fan, anything we do is good everything the opposition does isn't.

As far as i'm concerned, The Gas are the Anti Christ.

I'm an Argyle fan as well as is just about everyone else on here. However that opening statement is very odd indeed.

Rovers are managed by a real Argyle legend, hardly the Antichrist.