Coughlan/Adams Bust Up | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Coughlan/Adams Bust Up

Mar 16, 2009
London
Bristol Rich":21oxbfzh said:
Justin":21oxbfzh said:
IJN":21oxbfzh said:
Miles Bidgood":21oxbfzh said:
“There are a number of individuals that are showing a yobbish feeling towards myself and the team.”
As far as I am concerned that meant in context of the story all those that showed displeasure at the performance in that game.....which was most.....certainly me I'm no yob.

Funny how people can read it the way they want to read it.

Exactly.

The clues are ‘a number of individuals’ and ‘yobbish’.

Anyone offended by this must consider themselves one of the individuals, and must have been guilty of yobbish behaviour.

And not have the capacity to take responsibility for their actions.

As you were so sanctimonious about the so called yobbish behaviour of supporters, you must be disgusted by the manager yesterday then:)

No sanctimony from me. I’m just quoting Adams. He’s talking specifically about the yobs. If that isn’t you there’s no need to get hot under the collar.

Re: yesterday. From what we’re told happened, he’s sticking up for his players. As he was in the quote about yobs. That’s good management. It breeds loyalty and trust.

May 1, 2011
Justin":33t45u24 said:
Bristol Rich":33t45u24 said:
Justin":33t45u24 said:
IJN":33t45u24 said:
Miles Bidgood":33t45u24 said:
“There are a number of individuals that are showing a yobbish feeling towards myself and the team.”
As far as I am concerned that meant in context of the story all those that showed displeasure at the performance in that game.....which was most.....certainly me I'm no yob.

Exactly.

Anyone offended by this must consider themselves one of the individuals, and must have been guilty of yobbish behaviour.

As you were so sanctimonious about the so called yobbish behaviour of supporters, you must be disgusted by the manager yesterday then:)

No sanctimony from me. I’m just quoting Adams. He’s talking specifically about the yobs. If that isn’t you there’s no need to get hot under the collar.

Re: yesterday. From what we’re told happened, he’s sticking up for his players. As he was in the quote about yobs. That’s good management. It breeds loyalty and trust.

I'm not hot under the collar, it was a mistake by Adams in my view to call fans yobs because it wasn't yobbish behaviour to tell him that am Argyle performance was effing crap.

May 1, 2011
Cobi Budge":1w5jb3q1 said:
Definitely not saying Adams is perfect but I don't understand how anyone can say with so much confidence that they'd prefer Coughlan to Adams? If you're just basing it on the fact he's popular figure from the past, we might as well bring back Sturrick, Mariner or Fletcher. If you're basing on yesterday, then that's also weird considering Rovers looked poor and we were the better team for most of the game.

I don't support bringing back Coughlan, he's a legend of the club but that doesn't mean he should be manager.

However I'd disagree with your point that Rovers looked poor. I think it was a pretty even game. Don't forgot we needed a Macey wonder save to keep it to 0-0. A draw was a fair result.

May 8, 2011
Perhaps something not noticed by some but since The Herald ran the ‘Yob’ headline all interviews with Adams are printed in full as a transcript of the interview. Just wonder why they decided to do that?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Guiri Green":12tsfp9q said:
I saw Adams in Tescos' once, I was over by the Cornflakes and he was heading towards Toiletries. I shouted out "Oi you smelly Tw8t, you're rubbish get out of Devon".

You should have seen the look he gave me. I'm still haunted by it, the aggression and surprise was evident in his eyes. He looked so angrily at me, totally uncalled for in my opinion. I've only just started sleeping properly again. I know there was a young couple with a baby nearby, just by the Coco Pops, they were upset because they were worried he thought it was them that shouted out. They didn't even like Football !!

I`ve never thought he was smelly!!!!!!! :twisted: :whistle:

Mar 16, 2009
London
Bristol Rich":kvfzb9zm said:
Justin":kvfzb9zm said:
Bristol Rich":kvfzb9zm said:
Justin":kvfzb9zm said:
IJN":kvfzb9zm said:
Miles Bidgood":kvfzb9zm said:

Exactly.

I'm not hot under the collar, it was a mistake by Adams in my view to call fans yobs because it wasn't yobbish behaviour to tell him that am Argyle performance was effing crap.

I know, I wasn’t referring to you as getting hot under the collar, just those that were acting yobbishly, and that couldn’t understand the reaction.

And it was the racism more than anything else that I bleieve he objected to.

Aug 4, 2018
up_the_line":2fuwajti said:
The Doctor":2fuwajti said:
Coughlan went for Adams after the latter had said a few things to the Rovers #15.

Rovers 15 well within his rights after complete bumpkins thought they were hilarious keeping the ball off him
Unfortunately Adams can't deal with that though. Because he's a yob
Just like last season when he goaded the Rovers fans and made the stewards life hell. He didn't care. Because he's a yob

I take it you think DA is a yob then? :lol:

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Are some people being precious, yes. Should Mr Adams deport himself with more restraint, yes. Will this thread change either, no. Time to move on.

May 1, 2011
e="Bristol Rich"]
Justin":de7b0t8n said:
Bristol Rich":de7b0t8n said:
Justin":de7b0t8n said:
IJN":de7b0t8n said:
Miles Bidgood":de7b0t8n said:

Exactly.

I'm not hot under the collar, it was a mistake by Adams in my view to call fans yobs because it wasn't yobbish behaviour to tell him that am Argyle performance was effing crap.[/quote]

I know, I wasn’t referring to you as getting hot under the collar, just those that were acting yobbishly, and that couldn’t understand the reaction.

And it was the racism more than anything else that I bleieve he objected to.[/quote]

I would like anyone who makes racist comments to get a lifetime ban from HP!

Jan 27, 2012
SOME Argyle fans ARE yobs. This includes some of those who went over the top in abusing players earlier in the season- especially when they were entering and exiting the tunnel. Adams was right about that in my view. Just because people pay to watch a football match doesn’t mean that they have the right to behave like thugs. It wasn’t very many fans, just a handful. Mostly kids and thick adults.

Mar 18, 2014
And all this dreadful behavior by Derek has never happened at any other football club, and no other manager has done it??
Can't remember Sir Alex ever behaving in any of the ways mentioned in this thread........oh, hang on.....

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
gaspargomez":4ejyvrha said:
SOME Argyle fans ARE yobs. This includes some of those who went over the top in abusing players earlier in the season- especially when they were entering and exiting the tunnel. Adams was right about that in my view. Just because people pay to watch a football match doesn’t mean that they have the right to behave like thugs. It wasn’t very many fans, just a handful. Mostly kids and thick adults.

At last! Someone with a modicum of common sense.

To the average, reasonable thinking human being it was pretty bloody obvious that he was only commenting on the few.

The problem is that there are far too many delicate little snowflakes that are offended by the slightest little thing and on someone else’s behalf!

Get over it ffs!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
HC Green":38zx756c said:
Perhaps something not noticed by some but since The Herald ran the ‘Yob’ headline all interviews with Adams are printed in full as a transcript of the interview. Just wonder why they decided to do that?

It's been mentioned previously by a few posters although a few local papers in the same group as the comic do the same thing, the Bristol Post published the full transcript of Coughlan's post match interview.
It's another article to meet the daily quota.

I see the comic sent in the attack dogs again today which usually happens after a disappointing result.

Jan 27, 2012
PL2 3DQ":1zkweqne said:
I see the comic sent in the attack dogs again today which usually happens after a disappointing result.

Some of the comments on PASOTI are far worse than anything the Herald would ever print !

To be fair the Herald is pretty much the only source of balanced, independent reporting of Argyle and most of the time they do a very good job. Most of the breaking stories, legitimate rumours and analysis is reported first by Chris Errington and his team. The people who say the paper is rubbish still seem to read it !

Aug 5, 2015
I never read it. Why feed the Exeter troll. Perhaps DA needs to go on prawn sandwich making duty before each game. It might calm him down. Those prawns need a good kicking.7