Coopers distribution vs QPR | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Coopers distribution vs QPR

Aug 8, 2014
Our ball retention as a team is woeful, how anyone can criticise Cooper for distribution is bonkers. The options throughout the time is often very limited, anayalse our throw ins for 5minutes. Literally clueless!

Beyton Green

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Feb 19, 2005
If two different goalkeepers find it difficult to release the ball quickly then maybe it's possible their colleagues are not making themselves ready. Similarly, there are times when I would hate to be taking throw-ins for us.
Why are our throw ins consistently worse than my Nan's bingo club 3rd XI. They really are shocking!!

argyletraveller

šŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗ
I think we just have to be patient with Coops. Letā€™s not forget heā€™s had 2 serious injuries and itā€™s bound to take him time to get back to the levels he showed previously in all aspects of his game. His reactions and shot stopping has been good in recent games. Hopefully his kicking and distribution will improve with more game time.
I recall the great Larrieu occasionally punting a left-footed clearance into the Lindhurst. For such a young ā€˜keeper, Coops has exceptional distribution. I think we can give home some time to get his radar on target and speed up his distribution. Also, as others have said, he did get some difficult back passes on Tuesday night.

Reactions: James J and saxman

memory man

āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Why are our throw ins consistently worse than my Nan's bingo club 3rd XI. They really are shocking!!
I cut them a bit of slack when Ian Foster arrived and suddenly the RCB and LCBs were taking the throws in our half. I suspect that Phillips, Pleggy and Gibson were probably taking the first throws of their career. Galloway has experience at full back/wing back so he would have some idea. Phillips especially was very lucky, often throwing off one leg and not getting pulled up for a foul throw. I wonder if again it is ability related - that we are closed down so quickly and so well that our player receiving the throw is not always quick enough to retain possession.

Sep 17, 2017
I recall the great Larrieu occasionally punting a left-footed clearance into the Lindhurst. For such a young ā€˜keeper, Coops has exceptional distribution. I think we can give home some time to get his radar on target and speed up his distribution. Also, as others have said, he did get some difficult back passes on Tuesday night.
ā€˜Exceptionalā€™ thatā€™s embarrassing donā€™t over egg it, Iā€™ll settle for very good.
Eddison at Man City is exceptional and please donā€™t put Cooper in the same catergory as him.
And why is it that Cooper in beyond criticism with some on here thereā€™s always a caveat, itā€™s someone elseā€™s fault or heā€™s still rusty.

Reactions: Said old Green

smudja

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Sep 12, 2015
Rogue and all, this isnā€™t a heā€™s better than him thread. Iā€™m just pointing out that Cooper didnā€™t help the defenders last night with his distribution, especially considering the fast high press.
Bring back burton ! You know the one that got us to Wembley and help get us 101 points last season , not given a chance ,short memories.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012

To did have a foot like a 50p piece to be fair!

argyletraveller

šŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗ
ā€˜Exceptionalā€™ thatā€™s embarrassing donā€™t over egg it, Iā€™ll settle for very good.
Eddison at Man City is exceptional and please donā€™t put Cooper in the same catergory as him.
And why is it that Cooper in beyond criticism with some on here thereā€™s always a caveat, itā€™s someone elseā€™s fault or heā€™s still rusty.
Fair enough, but I said ā€œfor a young keeper ā€œ. Happy to settle for ā€˜very goodā€™. Also agree he is not above criticism and we have two other quality keepers.

Oct 5, 2013
Maybe because heā€™s just returned after a five-month injury absence? Plus the fact that we really like him!

Reactions: argyletraveller

Monster Green

Cream First
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Bring back burton ! You know the one that got us to Wembley and help get us 101 points last season , not given a chance ,short memories.
Distribution mediocre, didn't command his 6yd box and was a tad weak when he did try. Decent shot stopper tho. Hazard is far better than Burton. Coops is better than Hazard.