Coopers distribution vs QPR | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Coopers distribution vs QPR

Sep 17, 2017
Always been on the fence with the Cooper Hazard argument but I’ve been impressed and reassured with Coopers performances to date, but I was’t overly impressed with his distribution last night, too slow far too slow.
Against a team pressing as high and as quick as QPR did last night I thought on a quite a few occasions he put our defence under even more pressure with slow and sometimes inaccurate distribution.
Just to reiterate I have been very impressed with Cooper to date so hopefully just a temporary blip.

May 3, 2017
I think we just have to be patient with Coops. Let’s not forget he’s had 2 serious injuries and it’s bound to take him time to get back to the levels he showed previously in all aspects of his game. His reactions and shot stopping has been good in recent games. Hopefully his kicking and distribution will improve with more game time.

Reactions: argyletraveller

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Always been on the fence with the Cooper Hazard argument but I’ve been impressed and reassured with Coopers performances to date, but I was’t overly impressed with his distribution last night, too slow far too slow.
Against a team pressing as high and as quick as QPR did last night I thought on a quite a few occasions he put our defence under even more pressure with slow and sometimes inaccurate distribution.
Just to reiterate I have been very impressed with Cooper to date so hopefully just a temporary blip.

Some of the back passes to him were shocking. I mean there was one Scarr played to him in the first half that was at the goal, with pace & the ball is skipping high off the turf.

He shouldn't even be getting some of these passes back to him.

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
As PASOTI (and some parts of the home crowd) howled with derision each time Hazard stuck a clearance into the Lindy, I assume now there will be a clamour for him to return. Oh, I forgot, we need to be patient for Coops but not for Conor.

Sep 17, 2017
I think we just have to be patient with Coops. Let’s not forget he’s had 2 serious injuries and it’s bound to take him time to get back to the levels he showed previously in all aspects of his game. His reactions and shot stopping has been good in recent games. Hopefully his kicking and distribution will improve with more game time.
JJ, I’m not having that, this has always been an area of his game that could improve he’s had enough games and full training sessions. He a very good keeper but not beyond criticism.

May 28, 2015
Maybe if both keepers have had spells of slow distribution, it’s not the keeper and instead it’s an instruction? You said it yourself, against a high pressing team? sometimes the quick throw out isnt on despite what our fans see. It’s fine throwing to a right back when everyone is on the left side of the pitch but what is he then meant to do with the ball? You have to look ahead, they’re professionals and read the game much better than most fans. You could see from how we played we felt we could beat their press (not that we always could but did at times) hence waiting for us to get our shape then roll it out short. As for it being inaccurate, that’s part of the reason as to why keepers play in this league and not the prem. But I think people need to stop with all of this slow distribution stuff. It’s quick when it can be. Unless there is a clear break on or you are going to gain 60 yards there’s literally no point in distributing it quick to risk giving away possession especially in our position

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Cooper is doing well, his distribution last night was poor but it isn’t the majority of the time - that said, and laugh if you want, I still don’t think the gap between Cooper and Hazard is as big as people like to make out, Cooper is probably the better keeper, but there isn’t a massive amount in it. I think they’re on a par when it comes to shot stopping, on a par when it comes to commanding their area, whilst Cooper edges past Hazard with his (usually) superior distribution. Either way, both are more than capable and the the GK position should be the least of our worries.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020
All about opinions but I think he’s been outstanding since he has come back into the team. I’ve started to reassess my reasonably positive opinion of Hazard, and whether he’s a long term option, having seen how much better Cooper has been in the past few games. He’s on a different level.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
Just what is the point of our goalkeeper passing it to one of our full backs with the opposition playing high? I know a lot of teams do it before abandoning it for the big kick.
In our case it just doesn't work and creates danger for us when the opposition forwards quickly close us down.
I just don't get it!

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
It was pretty windy last night which wouldn't have helped his kicking. That said, his overall game, shot-stopping aside, wasn't quite as good as in previous games. He was still way better than Begovic, though, whose flap led directly to our goal.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
As PASOTI (and some parts of the home crowd) howled with derision each time Hazard stuck a clearance into the Lindy, I assume now there will be a clamour for him to return. Oh, I forgot, we need to be patient for Coops but not for Conor.
Same old people same old emojis. You’re absolutely spot on of course.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Cooper’s kicking was poor last night, don’t agree about his distribution being slow though. There were moments in the game where him holding onto the ball was needed because we’d lost all composure and there were other moments where he had nobody to throw it to.

I think he played well, albeit he did wiff on a couple crosses.