Clickbait hijack from Hardie thread. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Clickbait hijack from Hardie thread.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Blimey. Site traffic must be worryingly low these days if we even need clickbait after a home win that pushes us up the table :(

Never been higher. Over 2800 people on, way better than it used to be Smiffy, when you were a Mod it was probably somewhere near 1500.

Captain Clickbait eh? :rolleyes:

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 21.05.50.png

Reactions: Lancastergreen
Jun 17, 2006
Reading
Sorry, big groan from me at this thread.…..come on, what other Club Forum would ask fans such a question, in January, on the day that the striker concerned scored two goals?……are we trying to create traffic and get website marketing companies excited about the run-rate before they invest in the site……in a minute, you’ll be asking us our ages….🤔😀

Jul 23, 2021
Sorry, big groan from me at this thread.…..come on, what other Club Forum would ask fans such a question, in January, on the day that the striker concerned scored two goals?……are we trying to create traffic and get website marketing companies excited about the run-rate before they invest in the site……in a minute, you’ll be asking us our ages….🤔😀
Succinctly put...the more 'clicks', potentially the more advertising revenue..... The power of social media to de-stabilise institutions, governments etc is now well recognised. If, for instance, I had triggered this thread (as a very minor player) it would have had little or no impact, however when the owner of the site kicks it off it has immediate credibility. We all dislike clickbait stuff....is this a commercial example IJN??

Reactions: shortbred

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'll flip the clickbait logic.

Can you imagine any mod deleting this thread if someone other than I had penned it?

Back to who shot JFK gents. 🙄

IMG_8383.jpeg

**Edited to add IF it was clickbait, it's a bleddy good effort. 👋

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mark Smith

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Last edited by a moderator:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Back to the click bait theory again.

At this moment (within the last 30 minutes at least) we have this many watching this site:-

View attachment 13524

If you're a less sexy site (and a far less successful team) this happens:-

View attachment 13525
What constitutes "watching" the site? Does leaving an app or a tab open still count even thought your attention might be somewhere else?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
When it comes to advertising though I can honestly say that I couldn't name one thing advertised on here or other websites. I am sure the advertisers wouldn't be happy to hear that but ad blindness is very much a thing now. Whenever I notice an ad come to screen, my only conscious attention is drawn to how I can remove it from view and don't really even notice the content.

Jan 6, 2004
When it comes to advertising though I can honestly say that I couldn't name one thing advertised on here or other websites. I am sure the advertisers wouldn't be happy to hear that but ad blindness is very much a thing now. Whenever I notice an ad come to screen, my only conscious attention is drawn to how I can remove it from view and don't really even notice the content.
Ads can get into your brain subconsciously without you even being aware but next time you think of whatever the product is the advertised brand may come to the fore in your mind

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Not for Cockerneys apparently, their brain doesn't work that way.
Not just Cockneys. It is estimated to be 86% of internet users. That includes many of Plymouth's bolt and spanners. ;)

Reactions: greeninbrasil
Jul 23, 2021
What constitutes "watching" the site? Does leaving an app or a tab open still count even thought your attention might be somewhere else?
This 'clickbait' thing seems to have twanged a nerve in the PASOTI hierarchy! I, along with at least one other contributor groaned, when after probably the most complete performance from an Argyle striker since the Tommy Tynan era,a '£5mill for Hardie' thread pops up (and we haven't even settled down to watch the highlights!) The 'why' question resonates for me...still, if its not clickbait it has certainty worked!