Charlton pubs | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Charlton pubs

Sep 2, 2006
Paignton
Greenwich food market sounds good for lunchtime, and then I think I will hopefully be able to follow the masses of fellow greens to one of the nice boozers mentioned on the Thames/Greenwich rather than the ones near the ground.

Nov 3, 2006
Andy Holland":1bx51ej5 said:
Winchelsea Green":1bx51ej5 said:
Sussex Greens also drinking in "The Rose of Denmark", based on local advice. Apparently "The Antigallican" is not great these days. You need wipe your feet on the way out...

My advice as a local is that The Rose Of Denmark is a bit of a hole :lol:

Sure you'll have a good time if there's a load of you in there though, it's close to the ground :thumbup:

Rose is a hole.

Antigallican is a hole.

Greenwich unnecessarily far away when decent pubs in Charlton, close to the ground. See you in the Swan.

Paul H":175ayg1w said:
Andy Holland":175ayg1w said:
Winchelsea Green":175ayg1w said:
Sussex Greens also drinking in "The Rose of Denmark", based on local advice. Apparently "The Antigallican" is not great these days. You need wipe your feet on the way out...

Sure you'll have a good time if there's a load of you in there though, it's close to the ground :thumbup:

Rose is a hole.

Antigallican is a hole.

Greenwich unnecessarily far away when decent pubs in Charlton, close to the ground. See you in the Swan.

Have to agree with Paul, whilst Greenwich is absolutely lovely with an abundance of fantastic pubs, it's unnecessarily far from the ground, requiring a 30 minute bus/train ride, on top of any journey to get there in the first place.

We will probably head for the Anchor & Hope on the Thames (15min walk north of The Valley), and then drop in on the Antigallican on our way to the ground to catch a bit of the atmosphere. Whilst it as a hole, I'm sure it will be absolutely rammed with Argyle.

The White Swan could also be a good shout - apparently they serve Tribute and Proper Job!

Nov 3, 2006
HongKongGreen":2jtobvts said:
Paul H":2jtobvts said:
Andy Holland":2jtobvts said:
Winchelsea Green":2jtobvts said:

Rose is a hole.

Antigallican is a hole.

Have to agree with Paul, whilst Greenwich is absolutely lovely with an abundance of fantastic pubs, it's unnecessarily far from the ground, requiring a 30 minute bus/train ride, on top of any journey to get there in the first place.

We will probably head for the Anchor & Hope on the Thames (15min walk north of The Valley), and then drop in on the Antigallican on our way to the ground to catch a bit of the atmosphere. Whilst it as a hole, I'm sure it will be absolutely rammed with Argyle.

The White Swan could also be a good shout - apparently they serve Tribute and Proper Job!

Every Westcountryman worth his salt knows it's all about the Tribute, HKGreen!

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Meanwhile, for something slightly different ...

The fish and chips from the Seabay fish bar on Valley Grove, approaching the ground, was bleddy awful back in November.

Best grab something to eat before you get to the ground.

Nov 3, 2006
London's best (votes by the Standard) chippy is in Greenwich as it happens. Deptford Bridge if anyone's interested.

Sep 28, 2003
London
HongKongGreen":160v08vg said:
Paul H":160v08vg said:
Andy Holland":160v08vg said:
Winchelsea Green":160v08vg said:

Rose is a hole.

Antigallican is a hole.

It's 7 minutes on the train from Greenwich overground station, five minutes from Maze Hill. That's to Charlton station mind, the ground is another five minutes walk :thumbup:

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Paul H":3co1tust said:
London's best (votes by the Standard) chippy is in Greenwich as it happens. Deptford Bridge if anyone's interested.

I think that is
The Golden Chippy
62 Greenwich High Rd, London SE10 8LF

thegoldenchippy.com

- just up Greenwich High Rd, from Greenwich rail station, but some distance from the Charlton ground.

Nov 3, 2006
PutneyPete":1nzywr30 said:
Paul H":1nzywr30 said:

I think that is
The Golden Chippy
62 Greenwich High Rd, London SE10 8LF

thegoldenchippy.com

- just up Greenwich High Rd, from Greenwich rail station, but some distance from the Charlton ground.

Exactly, too far. Good grub there.

Dec 2, 2010
As an ex resident of Charlton......Beers in Borough Market for us and then 15 mins on train from London Bridge!

Oct 16, 2016
Paddington, round the corner to Lancaster Gate, central line to Bank, wobble across the bridge, Borough Market and hop on at London Bridge. Three ‘spoons with minutes of Bank, Cross Keys my favourite

Old haunts, a decade working in Londinium served me well

Jul 28, 2017
There appear to be no trains running from London to Charlton via Deptford and Greenwich on Saturday. Trains are going via New Cross and Blackheath.

Anyone going to the Greenwich area for a pre match drink should use the Docklands Light Railway or local bus services.

The number 177 & 180 buses go from Greenwich to Charlton.

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Devon General":10b3wxbm said:
There appear to be no trains running from London to Charlton via Deptford and Greenwich on Saturday. Trains are going via New Cross and Blackheath.

Anyone going to the Greenwich area for a pre match drink should use the Docklands Light Railway or local bus services.

The number 177 & 180 buses go from Greenwich to Charlton
Trains are running normally on Saturday. For some reason the trains via Greenwich are missing from National Rail Enquiries web site!

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussio ... ys-game/p3

Also ...
Southeastern‏Verified account @Se_Railway

There are trains running on Saturday, There is an issue with them not currently showing on journey planners, this is being looked into.

https://twitter.com/Se_Railway/status/9 ... 2612031488

Apr 27, 2017
Anybody know of any good parking spots for Saturday, I have heard Charlton village is free to park, but doesn't hold many cars :sad: