Charlton away (sold out) | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Charlton away (sold out)

Oct 16, 2016
It’s interesting, I’ve only been away to Bury this season (away) and that was interesting. Can’t remember anyone standing but I went with some old farts (you know who you are)

I’m going to Charlton with a younger crew who’ll probably want to stand I would reckon...

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Shankster":34856ify said:
It’s interesting, I’ve only been away to Bury this season (away) and that was interesting. Can’t remember anyone standing but I went with some old farts (you know who you are)

I’m going to Charlton with a younger crew who’ll probably want to stand I would reckon...

100 or so of us stood at the left hand side so we weren’t in anyways way as everyone directly behind the goal was seated.

Jan 6, 2004
Green Dogg":101ggbsm said:
Bleddy hell, it’s an away game !

Sit where you want, surely no one pays attention to the seat or block number on their tickets, even for a sold out game.

I’ve never worried about it in over twenty years of going away.

Strewth!

When a stand is half empty sure - but when the area is sold out this always leads to lots of hassle and people without seats.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Green_Flash":1qs7902i said:
Green Dogg":1qs7902i said:
Bleddy hell, it’s an away game !

Sit where you want, surely no one pays attention to the seat or block number on their tickets, even for a sold out game.

I’ve never worried about it in over twenty years of going away.

Strewth!

When a stand is half empty sure - but when the area is sold out this always leads to lots of hassle and people without seats.

Pretty much. If I've gone to the effort of getting a block of tickets so my family/friends can all sit together, and then can't because someone's sat in the seats saying "Sit where you want, surely no one pays attention to the seat or block number on their tickets", it's pretty annoying.

In unallocated seating, or a half-empty stand, fair enough.

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
If you go to the extra effort of buying seats behind the goal about halfway back, it may be a tad annoying to have to sit in the front row in the corner because you are intimidated by the people sat in the seats you have bought. On a terrace you gauged your arrival time depending on how important it was to stand where you wanted to stand. The same may still apply if you want to sit in the seats you have bought?

taz

Aug 7, 2016
Just checked with Charlton on the telephone and have been told that they operate a strict allocated seats policy. There will be no 'sit where you want' for this match. As I have one lady on crutches and two fragile OAP's we would need to sit together as booked.

Jan 6, 2004
Steamer":zx2r00m8 said:
ProfGreen":zx2r00m8 said:
I think it’s fair to say they aren’t feeling overly optimistic in Charlton.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/81316/plymouth-fan-in-peace-saturdays-game

Reading that, I really feel for the Charlton fans . . . not enough to let them win though but I have never come across such despondency before. . . . Oh dear!

It is ironic that a few years back Charlton was held up as the model we should follow, I don't remember the details but I think we even had some kind of informal arrangement with them.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
There was a documentary about some sort of CEO swap, possibly 2002?

It was basically about how different lower league clubs are to the Premier League in terms of facilities and professionalism... tables could be turned very soon, although the Valley IS still a fantastic ground.

Edit... here it is http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x76gli#.UO9CqewgGK0

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
I have always had a soft spot for Charlton ever since the early 60's when we would go to the valley and lose 6-4 and then beat them by the same score in the return fixture.Wilf Carter used to love playing against Charlton.I even recall watching Alan Sealey making his debut at the valley as well.Very sorry to hear of their current problems"

May 3, 2016
Get on Oddball, give Gary a call and get on the GT's coach - You know you want to.
:thumbup:

Aug 2, 2011
Blimey just read the Charlton fans comments - even at our lowest we were more positive. Begining to wonder if they are just softening us up!

Yeah remember the 6-4, 4-6 couple of games - wilf Carter got a handful of goals. Wish we had him now.

Sep 6, 2006
Presto":3aldjwxr said:
Blimey just read the Charlton fans comments - even at our lowest we were more positive. Begining to wonder if they are just softening us up!

Yeah remember the 6-4, 4-6 couple of games - wilf Carter got a handful of goals. Wish we had him now.

He'd be a bit slow wouldn't he?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003