Chairman's Chat No.1 | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chairman's Chat No.1

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
rsp4":2zks56mc said:
Good read and well written. Nice one Mr Chair

Agreed. Well done.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Koala Green":z9ga54j0 said:
JannerinCardiff":z9ga54j0 said:
Quizmike":z9ga54j0 said:
Oddball, you seem to not realise that the corporate facilities will be used 7 days a week and bring in a considerable amount of income for club

I think James Brent has mentioned that the new corporate facilities should bring in 1mill a year, so yes a considerable amount of income..

I think the key point raised here is the Income generated from Non-Match days which is the game changer. The ability to earn money when football isn't on, throughout the rest of the year whether it be corporate conferences, meetings, weddings, birthdays, team events etc is a potential big earner for us and all will hopefully get pumped back into the football club. We have an asset (the stadium) which is currently only in use for 25 days of the year so making this into a year around money earner is a big deal for us.

When I was back in London and working there I got invited to a few events at football clubs whether for company meetings or the odd glorified pi$$ up. One we had at Stamford Bridge where they hired the pitch and 30 of us got to play a game there before heading to the restaurant after. I heard from the organiser that set them back over 20k for the day and that weddings started at 10-15k too. Another good venue for these events is the Rosebowl of Hants CC which also earns a lot form hospitality. While we might not be in the Chelsea league surely all this additional revenue is welcome and well worth the investment in much improved facilities.

This part of the business will be in competition with other venues , hotels and conference centres, so hopefully the fit out and facilities are done well so that it is a premium venue that attracts a number of functions.

Our banqueting suite should be one of the best in the South West, so should bring in a good deal of money.. I’d love to have got married at Home Park!

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
JannerinCardiff":3i1gpoqs said:
rsp4":3i1gpoqs said:
Good read and well written. Nice one Mr Chair

Agreed. Well done.

Hear Hear.

When I first read through this thread I was surprised at the number of dissenting voices, but then realised it was in fact just the odd one or two spouting the same old same old over again.

Well done Mr Chairman. :thumbs: :scarf:

Aug 5, 2015
Alternative speech - “ our team is total crap and the manager is clueless but with a bit of luck and a following wind we’ll get out of this mess. I’ve told the manager and coaches their P45s will be sent out with their Christmas cards. If things don’t improve I’m staying in the States and taking my disembodied voice with me. Then all of you experts out there can take over and have a go. Good Luck. You’ll need it with no money behind you”

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Kentishgreen":2v8slsqr said:
Alternative speech - “ our team is total crap and the manager is clueless but with a bit of luck and a following wind we’ll get out of this mess. I’ve told the manager and coaches their P45s will be sent out with their Christmas cards. If things don’t improve I’m staying in the States and taking my disembodied voice with me. Then all of you experts out there can take over and have a go. Good Luck. You’ll need it with no money behind you”
The final sentence is the most pertinent. It is an old - but true - saying: "Put your money where your mouth is."

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I get the impression that Hallett will give Adams more funds within reason..

T

The Grumpy Loyal

JannerinCardiff":30q9x2q3 said:
I get the impression that Hallett will give Adams more funds within reason..

I reckon so too.

Decent opening Gambit From SH. Nice that he took the time to give insight into the senior officials responsiblities.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Someone said that in the inaugural Pasoti Jodcast last night.

What gives you that idea? Not knocking it, just wanted to know why people think this.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

IJN":1fads8kn said:

What gives you that idea? Not knocking it, just wanted to know why people think this.

It isn't too difficult (if you're of a mind to do it) to do a bit of research on SH from a business and career perspective. He's a very successful individual.

I like the way he's spoken so far and for me he just gives a very straight, positive impression. I think he's well aware of what a catastrophe it would be to fall back to tier4. I also think and hope that he has real genuine ambition for the team to progress.

So when you couple the two together - ambition and (crucially in Halletts case) having the wherewithal to make a difference, I think he'll do whatever is necessary recruitment-wise to enable Adams to pull us away from the bottom.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
The Grumpy Loyal":3kh36pb2 said:
IJN":3kh36pb2 said:

It isn't too difficult (if you're of a mind to do it) to do a bit of research on SH from a business and career perspective. He's a very successful individual.

I like the way he's spoken so far and for me he just gives a very straight, positive impression. I think he's well aware of what a catastrophe it would be to fall back to tier4. I also think and hope that he has real genuine ambition for the team to progress.

So when you couple the two together - ambition and (crucially in Halletts case) having the wherewithal to make a difference, I think he'll do whatever is necessary recruitment-wise to enable Adams to pull us away from the bottom.

Very well put Grumpy.. that’s pretty much what I think as well, SH knows the grandstand refurb is huge, and we need at all costs to not go back to league 2 and I think SH will back Adams within reason to stay in league 1 and finish strongly so we go into the new grandstand with renewed optimism.. if that happens I really feel we’ll sell out 2 or 3 games next season.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think we all have to be careful here, just because SH is worth a good amount, there is nothing to suggest in what he has saids far that he is going to chuck his money into PAFC more than he has.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
IJN":2w70hn8n said:
I think we all have to be careful here, just because SH is worth a good amount, there is nothing to suggest in what he has saids far that he is going to chuck his money into PAFC more than he has.

Yeah in fairness he's stepped up in putting his hand in his pocket for the Grandstand. Loan or not, he's fronted the cash to get it done. I'd imagine he's in no hurry to chuck more.

Seems if Adams approaches him with a reasonable request it'll be considered. Otherwise he's got what he agreed in the summer. Wasn't it already said that he didn't use all of the playing budget anyway from summer transfers? So there's already a January contingency in place.