Chairman's Chat No.1 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chairman's Chat No.1

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Here we go ! Give the bloke a chance! I thought the communication was better than in recent months where James Brent probably thought what's the point because of stupid posts like this.
Personally the guy has put his money where his mouth is and deserves the chance to put his points across, the football philosophy was set in the Sumner before he was in charge and as such he is hoping that it comes good again. Let's be honest we aren't going to win promotion but we should have enough to stay up just. If we get that done get the ground updated then we are onto the next level and a level Mr Brent probably couldn't achieve.

If he sells the ground for development then I will be on his case s much as the rest but the guy is doing his best despite his location and reluctance to take it on. Well done Simon! And thanks for everything so far

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Simon made no reference at all to our current league position..despite the fact that we are a football club first and foremost..despite the fact that the fan base determines the future of the club rather than a swanky new grandstand with premier seating..what goes on on the pitch determines our future....

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The grandstand IS what determines our future more than a temporary league position.

And look at the form table to see what the club is currently doing on the pitch.

Not much point replying to you, but there you go.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Biggs the league position determines how many turn up on a Saturday afternoon plus the quality of the opposition...if you think that the grandstand plays a part then you are deluded

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Welcome to the world of the football club chairman where you are damned if you do and positively s**t on from a great height if you don’t.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
oddball":1e4yf48g said:
Biggs the league position determines how many turn up on a Saturday afternoon plus the quality of the opposition...if you think that the grandstand plays a part then you are deluded

If you don’t think more people (especially families) want to spend their afternoons in modern, welcoming facilities than a diladipated, asbestos riddled concrete ruin, then you are chronically deluded. This is 2018, the matchday experience matters and the difference between 'wow, that place looks nice' and 'christ you couldn't pay me to go in there' is huge.

That’s to say nothing of the other money making facilities that directly make the team on the pitch better.

I've bitten, haven't I? :facepalm:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Biggs. you are completely deluded...fans turn up to watch game of football on a Saturday afternoon not a corporate match day experience...

May 16, 2016
oddball":2d77bth4 said:
Biggs. you are completely deluded...fans turn up to watch game of football on a Saturday afternoon not a corporate match day experience...

.......unless of course, they've paid for a Corporate Matchday experience .

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The only seasons you've followed for every match in the last ten years, were when you had a corporate seat on the FES table Alan.

Explain that one Mr Ball.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Guiri Green":1s9ne9af said:
oddball":1s9ne9af said:

Or get in for free!!

Only one deluded person around here and it ain't Biggs!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Guiri Green":30bbi1db said:
oddball":30bbi1db said:

Around 100 people pay for a corporate match day experience whereas 10,000 come to watch the match...you and Biggs don't mention that...the figures don't support your point of view...

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
nikkk":1zu90nc5 said:
HC Green":1zu90nc5 said:
nikkk":1zu90nc5 said:
I want to hear that you are concerned with our league position and you will do everything in your power to get us up the league. A successful Argyle first team ... first and foremost. Bollocks to everything else for a minute.

Doesn’t he say that by implying that Derek can come to the Board and ask for more resources and that he wants to see Argyle promoted?

Not sure what else a Chairman can do really.

This was an opportunity to set his stall out. A keynote speech if you will. I'm disappointed but I doubt he will be concerned what I might think !
Keynote speeches by new Argyle Chairmen have a tendency to come back and bite them on the bum if not careful.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
oddball":27d0mdco said:

Really Alf? I thought that was the reason some fans refuse to attend.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Oddball, presumably you’ll want to go and tell Spurs there’s absolutely no point in their restaurants, bars, cheese room, heated seats and micro brewery.

You only want to see the football and nothing else, that’s fine. But others want a nice experience, a pleasant environment and decent food among other things on a Saturday afternoon. And I’ll say this again... ESPECIALLY FAMILIES. And dare I say it... non football fans :shock:

Do you think a dilapidated asbestos ridden grandstand puts people off? I’ll give you a clue... it does.

May 16, 2016
oddball":34sa8ss0 said:
Guiri Green":34sa8ss0 said:
oddball":34sa8ss0 said:

Around 100 people pay for a corporate match day experience whereas 10,000 come to watch the match...you and Biggs don't mention that...the figures don't support your point of view...

Your made up figures support it though.