Chairman's Chat No.1 | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chairman's Chat No.1

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
I thought it was a pretty good opening gambit from Mr Hallett.
I'm one who likes to have corporate hospitality and believe that it should be of the highest quality for the money spent. Argyle have a long way to go to improve it but it's being done, and rightfully so.
Whether people like it or not the club is moving in the right direction, built on a solid, prudent and solvent foundation.
Unfortunately some people are never happy.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
I thought it was a good statement, ok he didn't explicitly mention the current league position but there was no need really given the ambitions stated elsewhere.
A club chairman is always the favourite target for those determined to make the worst of every situation.
Its probably the hardest job in football and not one he's particularly gone looking for, so I feel he deserves backing and patience from fans.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
oddball":6u3ap83i said:
Guiri Green":6u3ap83i said:
oddball":6u3ap83i said:
Biggs. you are completely deluded...fans turn up to watch game of football on a Saturday afternoon not a corporate match day experience...

.......unless of course, they've paid for a Corporate Matchday experience .

Around 100 people pay for a corporate match day experience whereas 10,000 come to watch the match...you and Biggs don't mention that...the figures don't support your point of view...

Difference is, Biggs isn't talking about Corporate Matchday experience. He's talking our decrepit Grandstand which is now thankfully being redesigned, partly thanks to the man you are already berating after one blog post.

If you honestly think the Chairman is going to introduce himself by talking about how sh*t we are, how the performances aren't good enough and focus on the negatives, then you need to give your head a wobble.

I personally think this a well written, informative introductory post from the new chairman that covers a few key issues and I look forward to seeing more of the same.

Aug 5, 2005
Oddball, you seem to not realise that the corporate facilities will be used 7 days a week and bring in a considerable amount of income for club

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Of course he could have said that our position in league one is not acceptable but the manager has my full backing, and we all know where that leads. I thought a fair and balanced statement from an incoming chairman.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Quizmike":1ud4kllb said:
Oddball, you seem to not realise that the corporate facilities will be used 7 days a week and bring in a considerable amount of income for club

I think James Brent has mentioned that the new corporate facilities should bring in 1mill a year, so yes a considerable amount of income..

Aug 5, 2015
The answer is to give everyone a prawn sandwich on arrival. There’ll then be a huge discussion as to whether the right prawns were used.
People expect too much. Then they’re bound to be disappointed.

oddball":2phyajdv said:
Guiri Green":2phyajdv said:
oddball":2phyajdv said:
Biggs. you are completely deluded...fans turn up to watch game of football on a Saturday afternoon not a corporate match day experience...

Around 100 people pay for a corporate match day experience whereas 10,000 come to watch the match...you and Biggs don't mention that...the figures don't support your point of view...

Cock of the day on two different threads. Good work.

May 16, 2016
Bermudian Green":16q3a87y said:
oddball":16q3a87y said:
Guiri Green":16q3a87y said:
oddball":16q3a87y said:

Cock of the day on two different threads. Good work.

I usually view some Posters as being on a game of wind up keepy uppy and take what they say with a pinch of salt. However, occasionally.........well, it takes all sorts as they say.

Read reaction to the Chairmans 1st (after 14 days - not the eternity some suggested) elsewhere and it's quickly realised that no matter what he said, people had pre scripted, pre ordained responses.

He could have said we're crap and our league position is worrying, but then he would have been underminding the management and playing staff. He doesn't say it and he's glossing over the facts.

Explain the new set up and he's too far away to be hands on etc etc. It's like people wanted him to ruffle their hair and paint a Rosy, cash injected, mega Grandstand future, and everything is lovely.

He didn't, so the really deluded non real world dwellers are getting the new banners ready.

There's that new Queen film doing the rounds......'I want it all, I want it now'.

May 16, 2016
L G":31t1ipbd said:
From memory, don't think that song is in the film.

Don't stop me now is in it though.

Perhaps that what Simon was trying to imply.

Not seen the fim yet but I'll take a chance you're correct.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
JannerinCardiff":2smmi04j said:
Quizmike":2smmi04j said:

I think James Brent has mentioned that the new corporate facilities should bring in 1mill a year, so yes a considerable amount of income..

I think the key point raised here is the Income generated from Non-Match days which is the game changer. The ability to earn money when football isn't on, throughout the rest of the year whether it be corporate conferences, meetings, weddings, birthdays, team events etc is a potential big earner for us and all will hopefully get pumped back into the football club. We have an asset (the stadium) which is currently only in use for 25 days of the year so making this into a year around money earner is a big deal for us.

When I was back in London and working there I got invited to a few events at football clubs whether for company meetings or the odd glorified pee up. One we had at Stamford Bridge where they hired the pitch and 30 of us got to play a game there before heading to the restaurant after. I heard from the organiser that set them back over 20k for the day and that weddings started at 10-15k too. Another good venue for these events is the Rosebowl of Hants CC which also earns a lot form hospitality. While we might not be in the Chelsea league surely all this additional revenue is welcome and well worth the investment in much improved facilities.

This part of the business will be in competition with other venues , hotels and conference centres, so hopefully the fit out and facilities are done well so that it is a premium venue that attracts a number of functions.