'Certain People In & Around The Club' - Fletcher | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

'Certain People In & Around The Club' - Fletcher

B

bizzay1

The way I took it was that it was someone no longer at the club

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Must be over a length of time. He's probably seen/heard quite a bit being a player/captain for all that time.

My only speculative suggestion is its aimed somewhat towards the M7 and the aftermath of creditors agreements?

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
There was a lot of pressure from outside of the club to replace Carl, so much so that James Brent and Chris Webb made statements about having total faith in Carl's ability, to turn the club around.

If you remember a Mentor was appointed, but god knows what he contributed. So I'm thinking this appointment had something to do with internal criticism and doubts.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
GreenSam":1vu3t1c2 said:
IJN":1vu3t1c2 said:
Perhaps Fletch reads Pasoti as well.

:twisted:
I'd hope that's all there is to it.

"In and around the club" suggest problems a lot more internal though.
I read it as ''someone not involved with the club now'' but ''in the / or was in the outer circle''.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Greenrod":3g5btmu5 said:
There was a lot of pressure from outside of the club to replace Carl, so much so that James Brent and Chris Webb made statements about having total faith in Carl's ability, to turn the club around.

If you remember a Mentor was appointed, but god knows what he contributed. So I'm thinking this appointment had something to do with internal criticism and doubts.

If we believe what we were told at the time of Deehan's appointment CF sought a 'mentor' . It was apparently not thrust upon him from above?

Aug 22, 2006
Fletcher has been an absolute legend!! What got me was not the posters who gave constructive criticism about his inexperience in the early days, but those who failed to see the stats. The Stats that saw us after 15 matches mid-table, or after 20 matches mid-table, or after 30 matches in the top half of the table (the form table that is.) Fletch did things brilliantly... he knew the squad from top to bottom, including the youngsters, by sorting out the defence first...

Now some posters will admit to being wrong and fair play to them....However some just talk rubbish for the sake of it... I hope they're blo*dy happy now!

COYGREEENS!!!!

R

Rob1983

All I know is that on the way home in the car I cracked up laughing at Fletchers interview comments with Sparksy.. " you know, we looked solid and then THE GEEZER SCORED A WORLDY" ha ha

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Flectcher double act at Bournemouth?

Wouldn't surprise me at all. They haven't appointed anyone yet have they?

I really hope he stays on, but I could understand him wanting to move on given some of the flack he's taken after everything he's given to this club.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Honestly, and I mean it with no derogative tone in my post.. Why would he move to Bournemouth over Plymouth (given the opportunity?)

bodspafc

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol
Tugboat":1wbegzpq said:
Honestly, and I mean it with no derogative tone in my post.. Why would he move to Bournemouth over Plymouth (given the opportunity?)

I agree. I'd say we are a bigger club to be honest. I know we're a division below, but I don't think it'll be that way for long. Also he'd be leaving a club where he is loved (by most) to go to a club whose fans would be cautious at appointing an inexperienced manager.

Stranger things have happened, but I'd be surprised.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Tugboat":ojffby9q said:
I think there are three good reasons:
1. It is his old club; did he start there?
2. They are in a higher division.
3. After the stress of the last couple of years here, he might just need to get away.

If he wants to stay, then I am sure the job is his but if he decides to leave, I will understand and say "thank you"

Apr 1, 2009
I don't think there is any real evidence that Bournemouth want him. When a job becomes vacant the media throw a few names in the pot to stir up interest. If they hit the jackpot they claim they knew all along.

I don't think too much should be made of Fletcher's words. If criticism motivated him to prove the doubters wrong, then good on him. He's said this in the heat of an emotional moment....unless he repeats or expands upon what he has said it is probably unimportant.

He's a rookie manager and, as others have said won't have the thick skin of Pulis or Warnock. He's also got a lot to learn with regard to the media side of the job, but I expect he will improve.

Well done, Carl Fletcher. He deserves to be offered a longer contract, I'm sure that will happen and I expect him to accept. However I am still not totally sure that he is the best man if we are to chase promotion next season. When he proves he can construct an offensive team as well as the defensive unit that he has created, then I will be convinced.