casual attitude to training by our manager | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

casual attitude to training by our manager

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
pafcstafford":2l4t8t12 said:
I dont see a problem with it really I feel we should be doing a combination if everything thought maybe even in Saturday an 11 v 11 at home park im sure we used to do that very often under sturrock if we had no game. Would certainly give the manager a view if the whole squad at once.

They might just do that, think about it, if you put our best defenders in one team & our best forwards in the other there is not much of a test for either side really. :lol:

Dec 2, 2010
I don't know about casual attitude.

Like some other posters I do wonder how fit we are compared to other teams. As the manager of mighty Dorchester said, the technical ability of his players is probably little different from us, but the fitness should be a telling factor.

What is clear is that we cannot keep a clean sheet or put the ball in the net, and with our two best strikers about to leave, that is a particular worry.

C

Cap

:sigh: Actually i used to watch training quite regularly,had no problems with previouse managers,most were very decent chaps would always come over and have a chat.Holloway was always my favourite made sense some of the time if you could seperate the bullpoo from fact.His training was made to get his point over and always made fun of the slackers (worst in training!).He was very clever at team bonding and making training enjoyable.Then along came a player called Carl Fletcher who really did not like onlookers and when made manager stopped onlookers immediately slapped new sign on gate Staff Members Only,which is fair enough,but i thought we were a Family club and all here to support it no matter what.I can understand it if we were European Champions or Premiership Club,Championship Club.(i wish).I'm affraid he has no communicative skills out of most of the managers i can recall.Which is not a problem if it made him successfull which dose not appear to be happening.I don't know what he gets up to in training but he could sure do with a few tips from us exonlookers.Oh! when Holloway was in charge he used to hold training on Sunday Mornings after matches,i once said to him why is it punishment for loosing he said no its a cooling down session!
Make of that what you will.Sorry if i bored you to death,ah but your already used to that at the moment.Onwards and Upwards i hope. :scarf:

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I was also a regular visitor to Harpers, watching training, there were 6 of us, Barry (cleaner, where has he gone) Paul, Roger Maurice (now departed) Jack me and my dog Dunlop all of the managers never had a problem, even Tony Pullis, in my opinion the training under him was the best, Holloway would at times get us involved in the training.
Sturrock would have a lot of banter with us until one day he said "sorry guys I have to stop you watching the training a couple of players do not want you watching them train" we have since learnt that it was Fletcher who objected, that was no surprise because he would never have any thing to do with us watching not like most of the players who we would have a lot of light heated banter, to my mind Fletcher still treats fans with contempt a necessary irritant.

Fletcher is lucky he has an owner like Brent who is giving him a more than fair crack of the whip, hopefully his time will be up soon before it is to late.

Feb 9, 2011
Dublin
This rest period would have been planned when the fixture list was released...there's usually a programme hanging on the wall in the dressing room so the players know when they'll be away from theirs families etc. So I don't think it's the case that CF has given them time off as a reward.I can see the managers point with regards to 'closed' training sessions...

Sep 28, 2003
London
The only thing I can say with any certainty about Fletcher's training is this: our players don't seem particularly fit, and our organisation is woefully bad.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Irishgreen":2itvxzoc said:
This rest period would have been planned when the fixture list was released...there's usually a programme hanging on the wall in the dressing room so the players know when they'll be away from theirs families etc. So I don't think it's the case that CF has given them time off as a reward.I can see the managers point with regards to 'closed' training sessions...

Ah, so they planned to go out of the cup at the first hurdle?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
John Cooper":201h3izi said:
Irishgreen":201h3izi said:

Ah, so they planned to go out of the cup at the first hurdle?

What happened to luck? What happened to the rub of the green? What happened to the stars aligning in the shape of Fletch's masterplan? :facepalm:

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
With a very limited scholarly knowledge of the subject, I'd just like to add this.

A lot of professionals (ie something Steve Evans will never be, unless you mean the Rotherham manager) have said that players can become too unfit by overtraining not by undertraining. Raymond Verheijen former Wales assistant manager under Gary Speed, as well as "The Secret Physio" who writes on the Secret Footballer's website have both spoke about the value of rest being as important as the value of work, and calling for extra rest days between matches. Maybe the problem is that the current regime is in fact over training them, or if not that then simply perhaps employing the wrong training methods?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
dunlop":2zfrzh9b said:
I was also a regular visitor to Harpers, watching training, there were 6 of us, Barry (cleaner, where has he gone) Paul, Roger Maurice (now departed) Jack me and my dog Dunlop all of the managers never had a problem, even Tony Pullis, in my opinion the training under him was the best, Holloway would at times get us involved in the training.
Sturrock would have a lot of banter with us until one day he said "sorry guys I have to stop you watching the training a couple of players do not want you watching them train" we have since learnt that it was Fletcher who objected, that was no surprise because he would never have any thing to do with us watching not like most of the players who we would have a lot of light heated banter, to my mind Fletcher still treats fans with contempt a necessary irritant.

Fletcher is lucky he has an owner like Brent who is giving him a more than fair crack of the whip, hopefully his time will be up soon before it is to late.

This post epitomises the the way Fletcher appears to feel about the fan base, an impression gained from his press releases and his general demeanour, I am prepared to be wrong and would actually hope that I am.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Wall climbing by jove.....Oxford won't know what hit them next Tuesday........quick Carl get a patent out....you might of hit on a winner......that would be a first.

Nov 2, 2004
dunlop":rmsujmkg said:

Very interesting post,I was quite pro Fletcher,now beginning to dislike him and worry.He needs to be discarded.Holloway,Pulis and Sturrock equal clever managers.Fletchers apparent dislike of supporters is not somthing to be accepted,this will allways dog him and he is obviously an arrogant knob.