casual attitude to training by our manager | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

casual attitude to training by our manager

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
what is Mr. fletcher up to now.no game this weekend because of his miserable management and all the time in the world to get this lot pounding the streets to get their stamina up what does he do?takes them over to the life centre to play on a climbing wall!a clueless manager who should have been sacked after the dorchester debacle!

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Steve Evans":12dy5prc said:
what is Mr. fletcher up to now.no game this weekend because of his miserable management and all the time in the world to get this lot pounding the streets to get their stamina up what does he do?takes them over to the life centre to play on a climbing wall!a clueless manager who should have been sacked after the dorchester debacle!
I'd say should have been sacked after the Wimbledon game

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Steve.PAFC2012":2b66ercb said:
Steve Evans":2b66ercb said:
I'd say should have been sacked after the Wimbledon game
i agree mate.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Steve Evans":2fy6n8da said:

After three games in eight days it made sense to vary the training regime and to give the players a bonding session at the Life Centre last Thursday.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
PL2 3DQ":2n0n5v0l said:
Steve Evans":2n0n5v0l said:

After three games in eight days it made sense to vary the training regime and to give the players a bonding session at the Life Centre last Thursday.
i accept your viewpoint but how about, for a change, giving them a rigorous training session to get them ready for the next match against oxford.

P

pafcstafford

I dont see a problem with it really I feel we should be doing a combination if everything thought maybe even in Saturday an 11 v 11 at home park im sure we used to do that very often under sturrock if we had no game. Would certainly give the manager a view if the whole squad at once.

Jul 6, 2011
Does any of us actually attend any of their training session?
This is a serious question, because if he isn't training them in the proper manner then.... No, actually I'm just taking the pee, sorry, couldn't resist it
This is just another mockers thread...

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
I know it's tempting to revert to the old 'get them in for extra training' line, but actually this never works. Hard physical training 2 or 3 days before a match will not make unfit players fitter---it may injure them and/or they may hit the game completely knackered. For what it is worth it should be a given that the players in the squad are fit--they are young, they are professional sportsmen, this is their job. Unfortunately, what has struck me in the few matches I have attended this season is that many of the players just don't look fit. Some of the squad are built more like rugby players than football players. I have no idea what the training and conditioning regime is at Argyle---but I do have some experience of what a fit athlete should look like. Getting fit halfway through the season is a risky approach (unless you stop playing for a few weeks), as is trying to play yourself fit.

Putting this aside, if they do just two things between now and Tuesday it should be practising how to defend set pieces and working out how to get the team to focus for an entire 90+ minutes.

E

Ed_Blackburn

We don't but even if we had Pep Guardiola coaching the side I think people would be criticising every facet and every decision. My biggest fear is not if our manager is competent, if our coaching is competent, if our players are competent, if our tactics are competent. It's that so many fans have lost confidence. I look at the prior comments of the two Mr Evans' above and can see both are vehemently dissatisfied with the manager and anything associated. I could try and reason, try and explain, or justify decisions, rightly or wrongly; to no avail. Are they ignorant? Goodness knows, but does it matter, guys like Graham Evans and Steve Evans' are becoming the norm. That, more that even results worries me. Will we ever be able to address some of our long term footballing issues if we can't afford long term decisions?

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I'm beginning to get bored of Pasoti and some of the threads on it. How on earth do any of us know what does and does not go on in traning? How do we know whether a trip to the life centre didn't pre-cede a couple of hours of knackering running or gym work, or a few hours of ball work or set piece training, or whatever else Fletcher feels is apporpriate to improve his squad. I'm prepared to debate what we do see - what happens on the pitch, his tactics, his choice of signings, ot the style of play that he wants to develop. All of which show that things really need to improve. But to speculate that he is a poor manager - and to (in effect) denigrate the manager's intelligence - because he doesn't indulge in some people's desire to see the sqaud pounding up and down Outland Road wrapped in clingfilm to pick up a decent sweat, seems to me to go too far. I've no evidence that the bloke doesn't care or that his traning methods show a sloppy approach, just because the squad engage in some fun bonding activities (don't all teams?), so I won't say he doesn't. I've plenty of evidence that his management is not effective at the moment, and that he needs to get his act together in producing results. Two different things in my mind.

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
Forest of Dean Green":bf74t6ua said:
I'm beginning to get bored of Pasoti and some of the threads on it. How on earth do any of us know what does and does not go on in traning? How do we know whether a trip to the life centre didn't pre-cede a couple of hours of knackering running or gym work, or a few hours of ball work or set piece training, or whatever else Fletcher feels is apporpriate to improve his squad. I'm prepared to debate what we do see - what happens on the pitch, his tactics, his choice of signings, ot the style of play that he wants to develop. All of which show that things really need to improve. But to speculate that he is a poor manager - and to (in effect) denigrate the manager's intelligence - because he doesn't indulge in some people's desire to see the sqaud pounding up and down Outland Road wrapped in clingfilm to pick up a decent sweat, seems to me to go too far. I've no evidence that the bloke doesn't care or that his traning methods show a sloppy approach, just because the squad engage in some fun bonding activities (don't all teams?), so I won't say he doesn't. I've plenty of evidence that his management is not effective at the moment, and that he needs to get his act together in producing results. Two different things in my mind.

Like I said on another thread my nephew is part of the development squad and he regularly trains with the 1st team.

Let's just say he's far from impressed with what goes on and he's only a young lad!

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
IPA":s67xo9kk said:
Forest of Dean Green":s67xo9kk said:

Like I said on another thread my nephew is part of the development squad and he regularly trains with the 1st team.

Let's just say he's far from impressed with what goes on and he's only a young lad!
this is the best post on this thread.evidence from someone who is there. :clap:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
briangreen":1ejlm1mf said:
Does any of us actually attend any of their training session?
This is a serious question, because if he isn't training them in the proper manner then.... No, actually I'm just taking the pee, sorry, couldn't resist it
This is just another mockers thread...
whereabouts in the league are we mate?