casual attitude to training by our manager | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

casual attitude to training by our manager

Jan 26, 2012
dunlop":1reqilap said:
If you take Purse as an example when he came here last season he looked pretty sharp and fit, this season he has been the exact opposite.
But could this not be because Purse is getting on abit and just generally losing?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
dunlop":wwb9fgj6 said:
If you take Purse as an example when he came here last season he looked pretty sharp and fit, this season he has been the exact opposite.
this is a very good example.he has been abject this season.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Steve Evans":317t308x said:
dunlop":317t308x said:
this is a very good example.he has been abject this season.

He's been playing through an injury or two for most of this season, that might explain why his performances haven't yet matched last season's.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
I don't have a snag with closed training. How does the manager/players know you are an Argyle fan ? You could be a spy for Braintree or Forest Green ?? :lol:
I always wonder why managers name teams before the 30 min deadline. Even handed in 1 hour before may give the opposition a chance to see who is in and out. :doh:
Managers say '' we had a plan etc .. '' but that is based on previous games. I can remember a game, not Argyle though but ???, where the manager made a sub after about 10 mins because he realised that his plan was not going to work :shocked:

If I had one wish it would be that Pulis was sacked and liked Pasties and cream teas. Not pretty, not flowing footy and not Barca but fit players who got results albeit 1-0 or 0-0. He made a tricky situation at Argyle resemble a walk in the park.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
tigertony":37jcfmu6 said:
If I had one wish it would be that Pulis was sacked and liked Pasties and cream teas. Not pretty, not flowing footy and not Barca but fit players who got results albeit 1-0 or 0-0. He made a tricky situation at Argyle resemble a walk in the park.

He was brilliant at what he did during his tenure, but boy was it dull. The only time I've ever walked out early due to football reasons - there was nothing to watch and I had some paint drying at home.

It was needs must, it was supremely effective in the circumstances, but I don't ever want to go back to that again.

Sep 6, 2006
Frank_Butcher":16s583zc said:
tigertony":16s583zc said:

He was brilliant at what he did during his tenure, but boy was it dull. The only time I've ever walked out early due to football reasons - there was nothing to watch and I had some paint drying at home.

It was needs must, it was supremely effective in the circumstances, but I don't ever want to go back to that again.

Oh, I do, I do so much. A team that I wasnt embarassed of supporting, who could hold their own against anybody in the Championship. You prefer to lose every week do you against rubbish like Aldershot, Wimbledon, Burton and Chesterfield? Different strokes for different folks I spose.

Feb 9, 2011
Dublin
John Cooper":2e207cje said:
Irishgreen":2e207cje said:
This rest period would have been planned when the fixture list was released...there's usually a programme hanging on the wall in the dressing room so the players know when they'll be away from theirs families etc. So I don't think it's the case that CF has given them time off as a reward.I can see the managers point with regards to 'closed' training sessions...

Ah, so they planned to go out of the cup at the first hurdle?

Programmes are planned around confirmed games On the fixture list and altered if the club progress in the cup.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Balham_Green":360zck4f said:
Frank_Butcher":360zck4f said:
tigertony":360zck4f said:

Oh, I do, I do so much. A team that I wasnt embarassed of supporting, who could hold their own against anybody in the Championship. You prefer to lose every week do you against rubbish like Aldershot, Wimbledon, Burton and Chesterfield? Different strokes for different folks I spose.

No.

If you read my post I said it was a case of 'needs must', and fully acknowledged how good a manager Pulis is/was.

A Pulis type with financial backing such as he has at Stoke is a yes. But we aren't there, are we ?