Camara | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Camara

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
I wrote on a different thread just how much Camara is clearly loving his football with us at the moment - it's clear to see a mile off. You can't fake that. Notice how he celebrated our two goals last night? He went completely nuts both times as he always does. Says much about the great spirit in the squad that Lowe has created, too.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Blindingly obvious that he was targeted last night for rough treatment. They were taking it in turns and clearly willing to risk a few yellows. It had me absolutely fuming - but then again if he'd been playing for them I'd have wanted us to do the same ..... the shameless hypocrisy of the football fan eh ? 😊

Jan 27, 2012
Too early for contract extensions. Budget may not stretch to improved terms for current players, especially if we are keeping some back for the January transfer window, just in case we need to use it.

Firstly we don’t know what budget is available. Secondly, who said anything about improved terms? He might be happy to extend for a year while the going is good. It also gives Argyle more leverage if other clubs show interest. The same with Hardie.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
New contract means more money.

Leave it to Lowe and his staff to decide the time for a new contract, as to when they can afford to offer one, probably nearer the back end of the season.

That is cutting it very very fine though, especially if we're in a similar position as we are now and he'll be on even more clubs' radars. You'd be leaving it a matter of weeks until his contract expires (assuming he's on a two year deal) with probably Championship clubs hovering.

Needs to be done pretty much now, I reckon. And his age and career trajectory almost guarantee it's a great investment.

Caribou

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jan 4, 2011
Gloucestershire
That is cutting it very very fine though, especially if we're in a similar position as we are now and he'll be on even more clubs' radars. You'd be leaving it a matter of weeks until his contract expires (assuming he's on a two year deal) with probably Championship clubs hovering.

Needs to be done pretty much now, I reckon. And his age and career trajectory almost guarantee it's a great investment.
I’m happy to accept that the club is being run well enough now that someone is all over things like player contracts and if/when they should be extended. Assuming it works for both parties of course - however happy he looks to be at the club, it is quite right that PC will be looking to maximise his value and earnings. None of us should blame him for that if it came to it, however much we want him to stay (and man, I agree he’s special). What I am virtually certain of, though, is that the first most of us will know anything is happening is when we read the press release - which is exactly how it should be.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I agree, I'm positive Argyle are on it (y). And if the player wants to wait, then there's not much we can do but enjoy him while he's here.

Reactions: Caribou

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
My only criticism of Camara is his finishing - which is lacking. But he makes up for it with his all round game.

Mmmmmm.... rethink required now !

Reactions: Andy S

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
I recall seeing Camara playing against us and was very impressed, so I was pleased we signed him. Not had the pleasure of seeing a game live this season but I always thought he reminded me of Doucoure in terms of engine, stature and box to box movement. I wonder if people see that in the 21/22 version of Camara?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
I had stopped ‘falling in love’ with players over the past few years, as things inevitably sour or they move on etc, but with Camara, it’s happening again, I can’t help it, his energy, his drive and general persona, what a guy and what a player.
he loves being a footballer.his after match comments confirm this.i was at oxford and i loved it when he claimed his deserved adulation,a special talent.utterly abysmal footage on quest when i got home.

Reactions: Gazza

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
He's really flourished since fans returned to stadiums, he just enjoys playing in front of fans and feeds off their support.

He's one of the most happiest players I've ever seen playing for Argyle, he's always smiling as though he's just thrilled to be playing football.