Camara made available for transfer | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Camara made available for transfer

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Anybody know who else has a contract ending next Summer 2023? Should they go on transfer list also?

I think most the squad are out of contract next year. I don’t think they should go on the transfer list but this situation is different to the others out of contract next summer. Plus if you think about it everyone is really up for transfer if price is right.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
It'll be a huge shame to see Pan depart. His energy in the midfield will be hard to replace and his enthusiasm in the green shirt made him a bit of a cult hero throughout the season. I can't recall many players receiving an ovation like he did when he came off around the hour mark against Accrington in March.

There's absolutely no doubt of Pan's potential and I can understand the club's stance to cash in. It now swings on the fee - there's a chance the rewards of a promotion push because of his input may be worth more than the fee we settle on?

I look at Fleetwood and Schueys comments regarding Matete going for 400k to Sunderland (side note, the ref that day and the way he allowed Pan to have lumps kicked out of him absolutely contributed to his injuries and our limp finish). Fleetwood cashed in for a reasonable fee for one of their midfielders, but subsequently without him they've just survived relegation with a record (?) low points tally...

As another poster has pointed out with Sonny's departure, there can be very fine margins for a very good squad becoming a poor one. I've confidence in this club staff more than any other before them, but Argyle teaches you caution.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Would you seriously consider not having a player if they’ve had a relegation?
That could be like taking a swipe on Carey or Lameiras.
No.. part of a relegation squad and may have a desire to prove that he's better.

Jun 27, 2019
It'll be a huge shame to see Pan depart. His energy in the midfield will be hard to replace and his enthusiasm in the green shirt made him a bit of a cult hero throughout the season. I can't recall many players receiving an ovation like he did when he came off around the hour mark against Accrington in March.

There's absolutely no doubt of Pan's potential and I can understand the club's stance to cash in. It now swings on the fee - there's a chance the rewards of a promotion push because of his input may be worth more than the fee we settle on?

I look at Fleetwood and Schueys comments regarding Matete going for 400k to Sunderland (side note, the ref that day and the way he allowed Pan to have lumps kicked out of him absolutely contributed to his injuries and our limp finish). Fleetwood cashed in for a reasonable fee for one of their midfielders, but subsequently without him they've just survived relegation with a record (?) low points tally...

As another poster has pointed out with Sonny's departure, there can be very fine margins for a very good squad becoming a poor one. I've confidence in this club staff more than any other before them, but Argyle teaches you caution.
This is a very good post and nicely sums up my fears about us allowing Pan to leave.

Somebody questioned whether a single player can make the difference between mid-table and the playoffs. Yes, of course they can. Take Hardie out of our squad this season and you could easily see a scenario in which we won four or five fewer matches and finished well outside the playoffs.

Swap Michael Cooper for an inferior keeper and it would have been entirely possible for three wins to have turned into three draws and three draws into three defeats.

Pan's contribution is harder to measure because he doesn't stop shots or score goals, but he does cover more ground than anyone else in our squad and probably wins possession more than anyone else too. The guy has the kind of engine and periscopic limbs that you just don't see in a lower league player. He's a rare and unique talent and makes life easier for his teammates because he does a lot of their running and tackling for them.

If the management has identified a replacement and he ends up being as influential as Pan then I'll be the first to congratulate them because that'll be some achievement. But I don't think they will because I don't believe there's another Pan out there - and certainly not for the kind of money we'll be shopping around with.

I do get the arguments that it's good business sense to cash in on a player's value while he still has some, but I genuinely believe that Pan is a special case and should be treated as such. We should keep him for another season and have a real go at promotion with him at the heart of our midfield. Who's to say he wouldn't be keen to stay if we ended 2022-23 with promotion to the Championship?

Instead, we could be kicking off the new season at Ipswich or Wednesday, watching Panutche Camara in a blue shirt helping a League One rival diminish our promotion prospects.

I just don't get it, and won't unless the club have already identified a replacement and want Camara's transfer fee to bring him in.

Reactions: SWTT and Justin

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Jul 9, 2011
I don’t get this, he has been offered a new contract and doesn’t want to sign it, so basically doesn’t want to be here so why would Argyle force him to stay. Do people think he will just except being forced to stay on less wages etc and then be happy and give 110% every game. Basically if he doesn’t want to be here we have to sell and get what we can.

BeetleBurger

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Mar 9, 2017
West Yorkshire, formally Plymouth
I don’t get this, he has been offered a new contract and doesn’t want to sign it, so basically doesn’t want to be here so why would Argyle force him to stay. Do people think he will just except being forced to stay on less wages etc and then be happy and give 110% every game. Basically if he doesn’t want to be here we have to sell and get what we can.
If a player had to stay that didn't want to be at the club and decided to under perform, surely that would do them more damage as any scouts would see poor performances and thus in turn reduce his worth.

Mar 16, 2009
London

But he still has a year on his current contract - it's just he doesn't want to commit to longer.

If Argyle are a championship side by the end of it, perhaps he'll feel differently? A lot can happen over a season.

As Woodsy said, Camara's a unique talent and offers rare qualities that make him very hard to replace.

If he ends up at a League 1 rival it'll feel even more short sighted.

It all seems so defeatist.

Reactions: SWTT
Aug 8, 2013
Worcester

I don't think Pan's expressed a desire to move, he's not handed in a transfer request himself. He and his agent have decided that committing to a longer term contract at Argyle is not in his best interests at the moment. There is a difference.

Jul 9, 2011
I don't think Pan's expressed a desire to move, he's not handed in a transfer request himself. He and his agent have decided that committing to a longer term contract at Argyle is not in his best interests at the moment. There is a difference.
Are you saying Pan,s happy to stay next season on the current contract, turning down a pay rise with a new contract. I personally believe by not signing the new contract he has expressed a desire to move and the club where left with little option but to put him on the transfer list.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Are you saying Pan,s happy to stay next season on the current contract, turning down a pay rise with a new contract. I personally believe by not signing the new contract he has expressed a desire to move and the club where left with little option but to put him on the transfer list.
I'd say that he's not expressed a desire to move. Rather, he has expressed a desire not to stay on the terms offered to him. By publicly stating that he is now available for transfer the club is basically confirming that those terms are not going to be improved and challenging him and his agent to find them somewhere else. If they can do that AND persuade the other club to compensate Argyle sufficiently then he'll move. If he can't then he'll have to come backcap in hand and see what kind of offer remains on the table.

Reactions: philevs and SWTT

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
We don’t know the terms of that contract offer though. Who is to say that it was an attractive offer?

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
A lot of discussion back and forth here. My two cents: anything above about £600k with add-ons I would take. Less than that and we keep him for another go at promotion.