Calum Dyson about to sign (confirmed signing) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Calum Dyson about to sign (confirmed signing)

Jan 27, 2012
I said that Ladapo sounds crap ...and he does, looking at his football CV. In my personal opinion.

I guess that these football forums for you.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":1unyli2u said:
Not at all, but to write something like 'He's Crap' before you've even seen him play is mind numbingly daft, and for you to say 'They perhaps shouldn't read it' is equally as daft.

Nothing to do with opinions, it's just sad really.
To be fair to him Ian, I haven't seen him mention the words "playing budget" in about a week on here (even if he's indirectly swiping at it with every post still), which must be some kind of close-season record. Fair play to him.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
HC Green":2mm77d36 said:
Argyle-sy":2mm77d36 said:
We could sign Messi and you can guarantee some on here would still moan about him not being tall enough, not tracking back enough, not passing to teammates enough etc etc etc. I do wonder sometimes why these people actually call themselves "supporters" because what they do and say on here see,s far removed from supporting a player, or even supporting the club. Give new players game time, if they still don't look great then by all means so they don't look good enough etc etc etc, but calling new players "crap" etc before they have even kicked a ball in anger for Argyle is simply idiotic.

Very similar to those supporters moaning that we’ve signed ‘crocks’ because of a past injury but then moaning about the Club letting Threlkeld and Bradley leave, forgetting to mention that Threlkeld must also be a ‘crock’ as he was out for months last year with a broken leg, and Bradley missed weeks after being hospitalised with a mysterious illness. But apparently these two ‘crocks’ were two of our better players so we shouldn’t have let them go.
Some people will use anything to criticise the club.

They would more than likely have moaned if they had been Gooners when Thierry Henry came in because he hardly had a Stella record, in fact far from and look how that turned out. Seems to me that Lapado and Dyson are being brought in to challenge Ryan for that spot up top, and for me competition can only be a good thing. These people tend to have short memories, look at the groans regarding Graham, Reuben, Sonny, Foxxy and yet they didn't too bad for us. Granted you will always get the one or two that don't work out(no names need to be mentioned) but I think DA has done more than enough for the fan base to be putting faith in his judgement. Personally I think Grant will be more a work in progress, but I see Lapado as similar to Blissett but better touch, better bringing other players into play, strong and decent at holding the ball up. Give them a chance before crucifyonh and belittling them before they have sven kicked a ball for us.