Calum Dyson about to sign (confirmed signing) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Calum Dyson about to sign (confirmed signing)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
AdelaideGreen":13rkwyso said:
Diddyman 1983":13rkwyso said:
Maybe the plan is to play him up front with Taylor so he can hoover up the knock downs

Really! Have we sunk so low with humour?? Are we now living in a humour vacuum?

There are still strikers, who need to be hand held, do not forget!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
gaspargomez":etdy0plf said:
Dyson is a risk because he's an largely untested kid. However, he is up and coming and has a good youth pedigree having come through the ranks of Everton. So its a worthwhile signing.

Ladapo sounds crap. So I hope Dyson is good enough for League One because we are certainly going to need him.

I do not think 21 year olds are quite 'kids'. He might not have 100 Division One games under his belt but remember the age of Wayne Rooney when he was transferred to Man U

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":1pxgachc said:
gaspargomez":1pxgachc said:
Dyson is a risk because he's an largely untested kid. However, he is up and coming and has a good youth pedigree having come through the ranks of Everton. So its a worthwhile signing.

Ladapo sounds crap. So I hope Dyson is good enough for League One because we are certainly going to need him.

David Fox was 'crap' according to Crewe fans when we signed him.

Sonny Bradley was 'crap' according to Pompey fans when we signed him.

Graham Carey was 'Bog standard average' according to Ross County fans when we signed him.

Ryan Taylor was a 'Donkey' according to many Oxford fans when we signed him.

Wouldn't underestimate anyone under DA.
Come on Cobi - Don't let facts get in the way of his opinion.

Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Deacster":3hdovyyq said:
I'mArgyleinDubai":3hdovyyq said:
I like the sound of this signing. I don't just expect Dyson and Ladapo to be back up for Taylor. I fully expect Adams to work on their games so they can compete for all 3 forward positions. Now we have a settled system of 4-3-3 I think we could see some games where Adams chooses to go with a more physical approach by playing a narrower version of 4-3-3 with Taylor as the focal point, Dyson/ Ladapo playing in a Jake Jervis type role and Carey/ Lamires on the other side providing the more cultured control and skill.

I'll wait until I've seen them play, but on paper it already looks like we'll have better forward options this year. (Couldn't have had any fewer options than last year to be fair).
Agree with that, could see both playing just off/wide of Taylor but as you say it's all about options.

Welcome to Argyle - Dyson

I agree with the above comments - these players give options upfront / attacking 3rd for Argyle without having to change the formation in a big way.

Hopefully Adams will blend them all nicely and we can have a more fluid set up without having to rely on Taylor so heavily.....

COYG

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Dyson is another six foot plus player, apart from Grant all of the new signings are six foot or over which is similar to when Adams made his signings during his second summer when he signed six foot plus players like Bradley, Ijaha, Slew, Spencer, Bulvitis, Donaldson and Songo'o after having a good look at League Two in the previous season. Goodwillie and Fox were the exceptions.

Last summer Ainsworth, Wylde and Lameiras were signed.
Now Adams has had a good look at League One he's so far gone for taller players to sign.

gaspargomez":xpe95jqf said:

Just a thought gaspar, based on the assumption that many of our players read these pages. How would you feel if your career CV to date was published and declared by someone who knew neither you nor your circumstances that ‘gaspargomez sounds crap’. Not very motivational. Isn’t it our role as supporters to get behind and support our players until or unless they prove unworthy of that support.

Mar 14, 2009
Nice to see forward options. So we have 3 strong players to lead the line it appears.

Like others, I’m interested to see how they fit into the side.

I’m curious to see if there is a pathway back into this team for Ainsworth. Otherwise why would we want him to stay? Why would he want to?

I think the last few signings are very important. GK who can play as a sweeper keeper), a left back (with pace), a centre half (with pace), and a defensive midfielder (with mobility) who can do the “donkey work” and provide cover for the centre half’s when full backs push forward. We have the creative tools. Now the final signings are about providing the solid platform for them to play on.

Sep 15, 2012
mervyn":17njdb00 said:
gaspargomez":17njdb00 said:

Just a thought gaspar, based on the assumption that many of our players read these pages. How would you feel if your career CV to date was published and declared by someone who knew neither you nor your circumstances that ‘gaspargomez sounds crap’. Not very motivational. Isn’t it our role as supporters to get behind and support our players until or unless they prove unworthy of that support.

Excellent post Mervyn

I'm so surprised at the amount of so called fans on here, who for one reason or another feel they have to write someone off before he's kicked a ball.
The new player is prepared to up sticks, come to Devon and play got the "Green Army" full of expectation and reads PASOTI only to be discouraged and deflated at reading He's "Crap"
He must think, What have I done have I signed for the right club???
Supporters support, get behind the new boys, make them feel welcomed FFS

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
evening colin.i am really looking forward to next season.what derek has achieved in three years is remarkable.good to see you yesterday mate.

Sep 6, 2006
Qoo3939L":2o3jilw1 said:
mervyn":2o3jilw1 said:
gaspargomez":2o3jilw1 said:

Ridiculous. If a player is so fragile that he will be adversely affected by a posting on a forum best he doesn't come. How will manage when he has to play away in front of 20,000 hostile fans?