Calum Dyson about to sign (confirmed signing) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Calum Dyson about to sign (confirmed signing)

Aug 5, 2005
gaspargomez":8de0bpw7 said:
I doubt if players read fans forums- if they do then they really shouldn’t!

Why not? Why shouldn't people be able to read whatever they want?

You want there to be some sort of 'trolls only' section of the internet where people are free to say the worst things they want, but the person they are saying them about isn't allowed to read it.

It doesn't work like that. Remember, EVERYONE can read EVERYTHING you say

Mar 14, 2009
What l like about Ladapo and Dyson is their physical attributes. If we going to keep playing with one forward for the majority of the matches then having big, strong guys who can run the channels is great.

I do feel if Carey or Lameiras get injured it gives us the chance to play one of the two players in different formations.

Aug 3, 2017
Metal_Green_Mickey":11gghmdk said:
What l like about Ladapo and Dyson is their physical attributes. If we going to keep playing with one forward for the majority of the matches then having big, strong guys who can run the channels is great.

I do feel if Carey or Lameiras get injured it gives us the chance to play one of the two players in different formations.

Or in times of despair trying to rescue a point to play all three for the last 10 minutes and go route one. I think though our attack has now taken shape. Just time to sort the defensive side of things but I am sure a lot of work is going into that.

Aug 5, 2016
Quintrell_Green":1ynnywc9 said:
gaspargomez":1ynnywc9 said:
Dyson is a risk because he's an largely untested kid. However, he is up and coming and has a good youth pedigree having come through the ranks of Everton. So its a worthwhile signing.

Ladapo sounds crap. So I hope Dyson is good enough for League One because we are certainly going to need him.

I do not think 21 year olds are quite 'kids'. He might not have 100 Division One games under his belt but remember the age of Wayne Rooney when he was transferred to Man U

They are in modern terms. Not many players have much to show on their CV by the age of 21 these days. There are U23 leagues for the top clubs, and players often don't get many senior appearaces until they pass through that phase.

For Dyson to have been out on loan at a League Two club and won a young player of the year award at his age is highly encouraging for a club like Argyle. He's got the physical attributes and he's only going to get better.

Ray Stidwell

Jam First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Quizmike":2c9gbnm7 said:
gaspargomez":2c9gbnm7 said:
I doubt if players read fans forums- if they do then they really shouldn’t!

Why not? Why shouldn't people be able to read whatever they want?

You want there to be some sort of 'trolls only' section of the internet where people are free to say the worst things they want, but the person they are saying them about isn't allowed to read it.

It doesn't work like that. Remember, EVERYONE can read EVERYTHING you say

‘Zackly Mike.

Anyway, Welcome Calum, and all new Pilgrims.
Looking good, I feel, for DA’s 4th season; Happy Anniversary DA, for yesterday. I, for one, am “ enjoying the ride” & looking forward to continuing to do so for a long while ahead.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Great post Mike.

It seems as if Gaspar is one of the ones who believe ‘anything goes’ on the internet!!

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
IJN":2xegcyv7 said:
Great post Mike.

It seems as if Gaspar is one of the ones who believe ‘anything goes’ on the internet!!

Unless it's directed at them and then they cry foul.

May 16, 2016
Knibbsworth":2bmyjxh0 said:
Quintrell_Green":2bmyjxh0 said:
gaspargomez":2bmyjxh0 said:
Dyson is a risk because he's an largely untested kid. However, he is up and coming and has a good youth pedigree having come through the ranks of Everton. So its a worthwhile signing.

Ladapo sounds crap. So I hope Dyson is good enough for League One because we are certainly going to need him.

I do not think 21 year olds are quite 'kids'. He might not have 100 Division One games under his belt but remember the age of Wayne Rooney when he was transferred to Man U

They are in modern terms. Not many players have much to show on their CV by the age of 21 these days. There are U23 leagues for the top clubs, and players often don't get many senior appearaces until they pass through that phase.

For Dyson to have been out on loan at a League Two club and won a young player of the year award at his age is highly encouraging for a club like Argyle. He's got the physical attributes and he's only going to get better.

Being signed up by a Premier League Club these days may not always be in a young players best interests. Sure it looks good on a CV but in reality it's the Football equivalent of going to University and spending a few years preparing to work in a Burger Place. You'll feel you've underachieved but at least you'll understand the reasons why.

An apprenticeship outside of the big league might actually be the best way forward. You'll possibly not have the finesse or be as tactically astute as you might with better coaching, but, you'll get games and plenty of real world experience. Most importantly for a young man, you'd still be able to afford a pair of those hoofin great headphones to wear as you walk from the Team Bus.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Guiri Green":1g8uhr3t said:
Most importantly for a young man, you'd still be able to afford a pair of those hoofin great headphones to wear as you walk from the Team Bus.
They probably have those included in their contracts these days.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
We could sign Messi and you can guarantee some on here would still moan about him not being tall enough, not tracking back enough, not passing to teammates enough etc etc etc. I do wonder sometimes why these people actually call themselves "supporters" because what they do and say on here see,s far removed from supporting a player, or even supporting the club. Give new players game time, if they still don't look great then by all means so they don't look good enough etc etc etc, but calling new players "crap" etc before they have even kicked a ball in anger for Argyle is simply idiotic.

May 8, 2011
Argyle-sy":23fdq9eg said:
We could sign Messi and you can guarantee some on here would still moan about him not being tall enough, not tracking back enough, not passing to teammates enough etc etc etc. I do wonder sometimes why these people actually call themselves "supporters" because what they do and say on here see,s far removed from supporting a player, or even supporting the club. Give new players game time, if they still don't look great then by all means so they don't look good enough etc etc etc, but calling new players "crap" etc before they have even kicked a ball in anger for Argyle is simply idiotic.

Very similar to those supporters moaning that we’ve signed ‘crocks’ because of a past injury but then moaning about the Club letting Threlkeld and Bradley leave, forgetting to mention that Threlkeld must also be a ‘crock’ as he was out for months last year with a broken leg, and Bradley missed weeks after being hospitalised with a mysterious illness. But apparently these two ‘crocks’ were two of our better players so we shouldn’t have let them go.
Some people will use anything to criticise the club.

Apr 29, 2016
HC Green":1ide9g6x said:
Argyle-sy":1ide9g6x said:

Very similar to those supporters moaning that we’ve signed ‘crocks’ because of a past injury but then moaning about the Club letting Threlkeld and Bradley leave, forgetting to mention that Threlkeld must also be a ‘crock’ as he was out for months last year with a broken leg, and Bradley missed weeks after being hospitalised with a mysterious illness. But apparently these two ‘crocks’ were two of our better players so we shouldn’t have let them go.
Some people will use anything to criticise the club.

Taylor too, but pleased as hell he’s staying.

Jan 27, 2012
IJN":q3j62bb7 said:
Great post Mike.

You don't seriously expect everyone to agree with you all the time do you ?

Its a fan's forum, right ? For expressing opinions and views ? Or would I be mistaken ?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Not at all, but to write something like 'He's Crap' before you've even seen him play is mind numbingly daft, and for you to say 'They perhaps shouldn't read it' is equally as daft.

Nothing to do with opinions, it's just sad really.