Byron Moore (signed - confirmed) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Byron Moore (signed - confirmed)

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Deacster":351oozgs said:
I don't think anyone could give a full run down of a players strengths weaknesses and individual characteristics unless you've seen them for a season but having seen him play on a good few occasions i think it's fair to give a general comment on them and their playing style.

I wouldn't argue that if you have watched them play several times you can have an opinion on a player. My point is that unless they have played for Argyle I wouldn't have heard of them let alone watched them play.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Argylegames":2fm4kso8 said:
Deacster":2fm4kso8 said:
Balham_Green":2fm4kso8 said:
Always interesting how people seem to know so much about a player before actually seeing them play.
You do realise there's football outside of Argyle and it is therefore possible to see other players play for other team prior to their arrival?
I can see that you can go on youtube and watch players who are linked to/signed for Argyle, but I also understand Balham's comment in that it seems odd to me that people know of these players enough to suggest them before there is any semblance of a link.
We have now signed nine people from Bury (at the time of writing) and I had heard of none of them before they were linked by rumour to Argyle.
I don’t remember too many opposition players from games in Leagues 1 and 2 but I was definitely impressed with Danny Mayor when he played against us in February 2015.
(Perhaps, Akinfenwa because of the way our defenders always panicked against him).

Feb 23, 2006
Deacster":3jqkjoss said:
Argylegames":3jqkjoss said:
Deacster":3jqkjoss said:
Balham_Green":3jqkjoss said:
Always interesting how people seem to know so much about a player before actually seeing them play.
You do realise there's football outside of Argyle and it is therefore possible to see other players play for other team prior to their arrival?
I can see that you can go on youtube and watch players who are linked to/signed for Argyle, but I also understand Balham's comment in that it seems odd to me that people know of these players enough to suggest them before there is any semblance of a link.
We have now signed nine people from Bury (at the time of writing) and I had heard of none of them before they were linked by rumour to Argyle.
I don't think anyone could give a full run down of a players strengths weaknesses and individual characteristics unless you've seen them for a season but having seen him play on a good few occasions i think it's fair to give a general comment on them and their playing style.

Yet recall over the years opposition players having a blinder playing against Argyle and we sign them within weeks Calvin Plummer, Trevor Sheppard, Steve Cherry and Neil Hague just a few that can recall. Neil Hague scored 2 goals against Argyle for Rotherham within weeks he was an Argyle player and a good one.Theres probably a few more but little grey cells not up to speed at present.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
graygreen":1kl9gqn3 said:
Deacster":1kl9gqn3 said:
Argylegames":1kl9gqn3 said:
Deacster":1kl9gqn3 said:
Balham_Green":1kl9gqn3 said:

Yet recall over the years opposition players having a blinder playing against Argyle and we sign them within weeks Calvin Plummer, Trevor Sheppard, Steve Cherry and Neil Hague just a few that can recall. Neil Hague scored 2 goals against Argyle for Rotherham within weeks he was an Argyle player and a good one.Theres probably a few more but little grey cells not up to speed at present.

Peter Middleton - Bradford City?

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Around late November 1971 I seem to remember Neil Hague coming on as a sub for Rotherham against Argyle and scoring a late winner for them in a 4-3 win.

He then signed for Argyle on the Monday for £15,000. I think Ellis Stuttgart was our Manager at the time.