Byron Moore (signed - confirmed) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Byron Moore (signed - confirmed)

Oct 14, 2015
All about opinions but I have very little faith in Taylor getting fit. Hardly played last season then had 6-8 weeks during the close season to rest/recover/ get treatment and before a ball is kicked in anger then surprise surprise he’s injured again.

I hope I’m wrong but can’t see him figuring much for Argyle this season

Apr 30, 2017
An important addition to the jigsaw I think. Moore and Grant will both offer something different off the bench this season which is likely to be essential.

I am expecting a further striker to join us, perhaps on loan (Niall Ennis).

I also feel that Taylor, when fit, will start and be an important player for us.

Apr 30, 2011
Ryan Taylor when fit is a quality L1/L2 striker. Although he is tall, he is good with the ball into feet and although he has no pace, his movement is cute and he opens up space for other players. He isnt an out and out goal scorer, certainly not in the system Adam's used anyway. If we can keep him fit, he could be the key player this season. He has had injury problems throughout his career, I honestly feel that if he had steered clear of these injuries he would have played at Championship level (in fact he may well have done in spite of being injury prone).

Mar 23, 2008
Welcome Pilgrim. A good squad option, pacey and direct and a similar type of player to Joel Grant. One more centre back and a striker and reckon we are done.

Mar 23, 2008
Balham_Green":2v3wkerx said:
Always interesting how people seem to know so much about a player before actually seeing them play.
You do realise there's football outside of Argyle and it is therefore possible to see other players play for other team prior to their arrival?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Deacster":2vxvfv2b said:
Balham_Green":2vxvfv2b said:
Always interesting how people seem to know so much about a player before actually seeing them play.
You do realise there's football outside of Argyle and it is therefore possible to see other players play for other team prior to their arrival?
I can see that you can go on youtube and watch players who are linked to/signed for Argyle, but I also understand Balham's comment in that it seems odd to me that people know of these players enough to suggest them before there is any semblance of a link.
We have now signed nine people from Bury (at the time of writing) and I had heard of none of them before they were linked by rumour to Argyle.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Argylegames":29at1d52 said:
Deacster":29at1d52 said:
Balham_Green":29at1d52 said:
I can see that you can go on youtube and watch players who are linked to/signed for Argyle, but I also understand Balham's comment in that it seems odd to me that people know of these players enough to suggest them before there is any semblance of a link.
We have now signed nine people from Bury (at the time of writing) and I had heard of none of them before they were linked by rumour to Argyle.

That's nothing new there for you though Kev! You hadn't even heard of David Beckham!

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
monkeywrench":30krfe5e said:
That's nothing new there for you though Kev! You hadn't even heard of David Beckham!

Even I had heard of the England player who petulantly kicked an opponent in the World Cup, got sent off, and IMO should never have played for England again.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Argylegames":1r4b9yf4 said:
monkeywrench":1r4b9yf4 said:

Even I had heard of the England player who petulantly kicked an opponent in the World Cup, got sent off, and IMO should never have played for England again.

:funny:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I sense an off -topic discussion about to begin :lol:

But... insane to suggest Beckham should have never played for England again. His performance and last-minute winner v Greece in 2001 alone made up for that (pretty minor) offence.

Back to Moore, he sort of seems like a Jake Jervis type but capable of playing more centrally too, would that be accurate?

Mar 23, 2008
Argylegames":1gczhe8m said:
Deacster":1gczhe8m said:
Balham_Green":1gczhe8m said:
I don't think anyone could give a full run down of a players strengths weaknesses and individual characteristics unless you've seen them for a season but having seen him play on a good few occasions i think it's fair to give a general comment on them and their playing style.