Broom to stay at Argyle | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Broom to stay at Argyle

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Lovely stuff, love hearing that players want to stay as I don't think it would have happened in previous years and shows the club is in a good place.

Reactions: oldage
Dec 9, 2008
I'm happy, I honestly think him and Mayor offer something different so can only be good to see where it takes us surely. Yeah he's dipped off recently but he isn't the only one, he's also been out of the side. If it's not classed as an 'addition' it's still good to know we don't have to cover him with someone else.

Reactions: Nobby
Oct 8, 2005
cattedown
This is good news. His form may have dipped recently but the last couple of games he’s been good, and looking like he’s coming back into form. We miss his energy when he doesn’t play.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Hopefully he's less distracted than maybe previously now. Needs to add an end product to his game. 2 goals and a freak one against Bolton aren't enough in the time he's had on the pitch. Hopefully this stat improves over the next 3 months

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: Knibbsworth
Mar 16, 2009
London
Good news.

He‘s a useful squad member and on occasions excels.

There’s room for him and Mayor in the same 11, imo, as they’re very different players.

It’s the rigidity of the system that needs looking at, and why some supporters always turn it into an either/or debate.

Reactions: Knibbsworth

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I wonder if it’s worth giving Broom a start at RWB instead of Edwards? I like Joe but surely Broom would offer more width on the right than him, as I’ve always felt we’re a bit unbalanced width wise and I’m sure opposing managers realise this also. Broom certainly has the energy to get up and down on the right for me.

Jun 27, 2019
Hopefully he's less distracted than maybe previously now. Needs to add an end product to his game. 2 goals and a freak one against Bolton aren't enough in the time he's had on the pitch. Hopefully this stat improves over the next 3 months
You could say that about all our midfielders - without checking I reckon they haven't even reached double figures between them this season.

A goal-scoring midfielder is something we've lacked since Sarcevic left.

You don't get promoted without one.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
You could say that about all our midfielders - without checking I reckon they haven't even reached double figures between them this season.

A goal-scoring midfielder is something we've lacked since Sarcevic left.

You don't get promoted without one.
In order of goals per minute
Mayor 2
Randell 1
Camara 4
Broom 3
Houghton 1
so, just in double figures
Grant not included as usually at LWB

Jan 27, 2012
I am a big fan of Broom.
It would be great if Argyle could sign him permanently. However, I don‘t think Broom is worth hundreds of thousands. Peterborough obviously don’t think he is Championship standard and how many clubs in League One are in a position to pay big transfer fees?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I am a big fan of Broom.
It would be great if Argyle could sign him permanently. However, I don‘t think Broom is worth hundreds of thousands. Peterborough obviously don’t think he is Championship standard and how many clubs in League One are in a position to pay big transfer fees?
That’s a good point - surely the fact that Peterborough who are soon to be a league 1 club don’t rate him should devalue him massively surely.

Reactions: Doug Deep
Jun 27, 2019
I am a big fan of Broom.
They don't rate him as League One standard either since they hardly played him last season and then got rid to Burton.

They'll want to recoup some of what they paid and that's understandable, but £500k is obviously a wind-up.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Well done that lad.