Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Jan 2, 2005
Plymouth
The game turned when Fletch decided to sit back and take the one-nil by moving to 4-5-1. Fletcher and Feeney were working perfectly - almost like the Quinn & Phillips of old. Really, really poor management in my view.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
dani_B":3ms74lyf said:
The game turned when Fletch decided to sit back and take the one-nil by moving to 4-5-1. Fletcher and Feeney were working perfectly - almost like the Quinn & Phillips of old. Really, really poor management in my view.

It was a strange tactical change but at least Fletch corrected it when MacDonald came on and we reverted to 442. It made it a game of three thirds - we were quite comfortable in the first and third third, overrun in the second when we were 451.

But who cares - we have survived and that's it. Great scenes at the end - this group of players really care!

Thanks Mark for the synopses this season!

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
A game of few chances. Personally I thought we looked much better 2nd half, much more in control.

Oxford very disappointing for a side around the play-offs.

Purse outstanding and MOM for me. Fletcher excellent first half.

Edited to add, I think he went 4-5-1 2nd half as we were getting over-run in midfield first half.

Phew

Feb 23, 2008
Oxford were a dirty side, trying to trick the ref on a number of occasions, generally physical ie dragging players back and holding them down to prevent them jumping etc.

Chuckled at the chant at their number 18, morgan was it?
'are you drogba in disguise?'

S

supagreens

somebody clear this up for me because nobody did on the match thread, was tony capaldi warming up for the entire second half for oxford? he was talking to nick chadwick smiling and laughing for a good 15 minutes, and also did a knuckle touch with paul wotton when he went to take a corner. if it wasn't capaldi, then i cannot see why he would do these things, and if it wasn't, a spitting image.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
supagreens":3tqpxf6x said:
somebody clear this up for me because nobody did on the match thread, was tony capaldi warming up for the entire second half for oxford? he was talking to nick chadwick smiling and laughing for a good 15 minutes, and also did a knuckle touch with paul wotton when he went to take a corner. if it wasn't capaldi, then i cannot see why he would do these things, and if it wasn't, a spitting image.

Not sure about all of the things you saw but Capaldi was one of the Oxford subs.

S

supagreens

thankyou, did not know that

surprised the devonport didn't really notice or sing his name etc considering he was standing next to the devonport for most of the second half.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
The Doctor":2wcyrk8e said:
supagreens":2wcyrk8e said:

Not sure about all of the things you saw but Capaldi was one of the Oxford subs.

Yup, chadders and capaldi were having a good old natter for what seemed like ages.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
supagreens":3pqo2gna said:
thankyou, did not know that

surprised the devonport didn't really notice or sing his name etc considering he was standing next to the devonport for most of the second half.

i never mnoticed him much when he was here, always seemed to be warming up rather than going full throttle: still - water - bridge i guess!

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Basically we continued our recent form, namely score one or zero goals and concede zero or one goals to give a 0-0, 1-0, 0-1 or 1-1 final scoreline. Just imagine if we could score a second goal occasionally eh?

Sep 5, 2011
The Doctor":2gvb1mm1 said:
Basically we continued our recent form, namely score one or zero goals and concede zero or one goals to give a 0-0, 1-0, 0-1 or 1-1 final scoreline. Just imagine if we could score a second goal occasionally eh?

Fletch is the new Tony Pulis !
:sad:

mikes":2p5l8jny said:
Hey TG.

Your updates on Mini chat as well as Sparksy were much appreciated.

I'm glad you were there to see it.

RESURGAM

Thanks mikes, that was a kind post, much appreciated, many a time in Thailand I had wished for a LIVE report from a fan rather than a pro like Sparksy ( who is brilliant ), maybe I was annoying to some on Mini Chat but obviously you enjoyed it! It was very cold on my fingers using the I-pad, they are used to Thai temps not Home Park temps :shock:

Also a test on watching and typing at the same time and knowing the little boy in the seat next to me was probably thinking....what is this guy on ! :facepalm:

A good time to attend my first match since last summer, wow was I elated ......YES . :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

That's unusual for your Phil, you never mentioned Thailand before!

You up for the Cheltenham match mate?

IJN":2mi71t4l said:
That's unusual for your Phil, you never mentioned Thailand before!

You up for the Cheltenham match mate?

Sorry Ian, it just slipped out, agreed most people have no idea I am connected to Thailand....how would they :lol:

Today was a test run for me Ian, didn't get back from St Bart's Hospital, London until 11pm last night, weighed up going and thought, hey history in the making today, must go!

Yes Ian, would love to go to H.P again for the last game. I will pm you soon, and thanks !!!