Brief Synopsis | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Now we're rolling.

Still a lot of work to do to get out of trouble, but we're at least starting to look like a good side again.

This is what we're capable of. Now let's keep pushing and get ourselves clear of the drop zone. Excellent afternoon's work.

Jul 28, 2017
Loads of emergency services outside the ground about 25 minutes after the end of the game and traffic at a stand. I had to detour via the A13 as it was so bad on the A127.

Anyone know what happened?

Also did the stewards or police evict anyone from the away end for setting off the flare after the second goal?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Hopefully given how well we are playing right now we’ll have a decent crowd on Saturday..

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I've only seen the highlights, but if Matt Macey had done what Letheren had done for the second goal, this thread would be about 10 pages long. It's horrific goalkeeping.

Oct 31, 2015
Nobby":95dd9pbh said:
I've only seen the highlights, but if Matt Macey had done what Letheren had done for the second goal, this thread would be about 10 pages long. It's horrific goalkeeping.

Unfortunately I have to agree and I am a Letheren in supporter rather than Macey. It was horrible goalkeeping :doh:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Nobby":458z984o said:
totally agree.i prefer kyle but if we had not won this match pasoti would have been in meltdown.our relegation battle might go down to goal difference and i reiterate from another thread that kyle is man enough to admit his mistake.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Yeah, it probably was, wind or not, a goal keeping error but to be honest if he didn't make any mistakes he wouldn't be a back up league 1 goalie. Let's just be grateful that it didn't cost us any points,

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
Nobby":28qfv31b said:

Let’s be honest. . No-one can really tell how difficult it was for Letheren from the highlights. We don’t know how far off his line he was. If he was Standing on the edge of his box that would be normal with the action in the distant third of the field and the match 2 minutes from completion. Don’t know how much the wind changed the direction of the ball. How high it was then suddenly dropped. Just can’t tell from highlights.

Yes Macey might have got to it purely because of his extra height. But Letheren has shown he can command and gives extra confidence to the defence. That is worth far more than conceding a freak goal in the 92nd minute of an already won match.

Apr 9, 2011
Pezbuck":2ffaks5k said:
Nobby":2ffaks5k said:

Let’s be honest. . No-one can really tell how difficult it was for Letheren from the highlights. We don’t know how far off his line he was. If he was Standing on the edge of his box that would be normal with the action in the distant third of the field and the match 2 minutes from completion. Don’t know how much the wind changed the direction of the ball. How high it was then suddenly dropped. Just can’t tell from highlights.

Yes Macey might have got to it purely because of his extra height. But Letheren has shown he can command and gives extra confidence to the defence. That is worth far more than conceding a freak goal in the 92nd minute of an already won match.
Agree entirely , totally freak goal , the lad could do that a hundred times & not score, hope Leth doesnt dwell on it our defence has looked so much better since he came in.
Thanks to all for the synopsis by the way

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Macey would have probably saved it as he'd have been rooted to his goal line as always.

That's not necessarily a good thing though, the ball was in their half. Chances are slim that they would try a shot like that, chances are even slimmer that its actually on target. At this level nine times out of ten that goes into the stands for a goal kick at which point we're laughing as they've just wasted possession on a long range effort.

Equally if your keeper is stood on the goal line and the opposition ping a ball over the top he has much further to run to sweep the ball up, for a less mobile keeper like Kyle that can be the difference between him easily beating a forward to a ball over the top and being in two minds as to whether to come off his line or not.

I'm not saying what he did was blameless, only that being off his line there wasn't a wholly bad thing. The reason this thread isn't full of people berating him the same way they would Micey is that we still took home the points. That for me, in part is down to the defence being more sturdy and conceding fewer clear goalscoring opportunities than with him in goal. Kyle having much less to do for the 3rd game in a row is pointing less and less towards coincidence.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
If Letheren had messed up a cross or bungled a clearance, we'd have cause for concern because those things will be happening 10-20 times a game.

Whether he was at fault or not, he will not be facing another perfectly executed halfway line shot for a long time, if ever (famous last words...). So if that's the crack in his armour, I'll take it :lol:

He's done brilliantly well, let's move on.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
I know everyone wants to discuss the goals we conceded, but I feel like some credit is deserved for the goals we scored.
Sarce had no right to get to that ball, let alone score. Well done to him for somehow being first to that ball, and many others. Despite his easier attempt being saved, Freddy manages to compose himself to score the harder 1v1, and Ruben could have stopped and protested for the pen which we may or may not have got / scored.

Aug 11, 2013
Letheren created the first goal with his accurate kicking to Ladapo who controlled it brilliantly. Is he getting lessons from Taylor?

I was struck by Adams interview - never heard him so enthusiastic. Proper gushing over that performance.

Funny how our form always improves with Lamieras in the team. Even Carey smiled when the third went in - he’s looked miserable as sin of late.

This result will be meaningless unless we build on it in our next 2 home games .... and I hope DA reinforces that message !

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
arrythewurzel":32wa0oh1 said:
Letheren created the first goal with his accurate kicking to Ladapo who controlled it brilliantly. Is he getting lessons from Taylor?

This makes such a positive difference