Brief Synopsis | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
pezbuck":pp4wbua7 said:
Yes Macey might have got to it purely because of his extra height. But Letheren has shown he can command and gives extra confidence to the defence. That is worth far more than conceding a freak goal in the 92nd minute of an already won match.
Exactly I think Letheren commands his defence so he doesn't NEED to pull off saves all the time whereas Macy doesn't command.
But yeah maybe Letheren made a mistake but the game was already won as you say.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Great win but our defensive frailties are still there for all to see. WTF was Letheren doing for the 2nd goal, Macey would have stopped that and we put ourselves under undue pressure when the game was wrapped up with 15 mins to play

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
samjones":37kdk7qp said:
Great win but our defensive frailties are still there for all to see. WTF was Letheren doing for the 2nd goal, Macey would have stopped that and we put ourselves under undue pressure when the game was wrapped up with 15 mins to play
I thought that second goal was 90 mins plus 3?

Jul 18, 2011
samjones":aj60t68h said:

So then Village, why did you confidently assert Sarfend were going to win 3-0?

Aug 5, 2016
arrythewurzel":1nkt8uif said:
Letheren created the first goal with his accurate kicking to Ladapo who controlled it brilliantly. Is he getting lessons from Taylor?

I don't think so. Taylor isn't the best at goal kicks himself.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
L G":1rnkknar said:
samjones":1rnkknar said:

Yeah that was but with 15 to go and once they scored, we looked very shaky and unnecessarily so after being in control for 75 mins.
Just as well Letherens mistake wasn't any earlier as who knows if panic would of set in

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
samjones":2fkv38is said:
L G":2fkv38is said:
samjones":2fkv38is said:

Yeah that was but once they scored with 15 to go, we looked very shaky and unnecessarily so after being in control for 75 mins.
Just as well Letherens mistake wasn't any earlier as who knows if panic would have set in

The first Southend goal was scored in the 86th minute, not with 15 minutes to go.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
samjones":3fq2xgwa said:
L G":3fq2xgwa said:
samjones":3fq2xgwa said:

Yeah that was but once they scored with 15 to go, we looked very shaky and unnecessarily so after being in control for 75 mins.
Just as well Letherens mistake wasn't any earlier as who knows if panic would have set in

errr, the 1st goal went in with 4 mins to go! Everyone's entitled to their opinion but you're backing yours up with wildly inaccurate stats which does make you look a bit daft.

Oct 14, 2015
samjones":1jo18qhu said:
L G":1jo18qhu said:
samjones":1jo18qhu said:

Southend penalty was in the 86 minute and by my reckon that's 4 minutes to go plus stoppage. Where did you get 15 minutes to go from? You leave yourself wide open to criticism but not convinced you do it purposely to get a reaction..that's why people suggest your a troll..

Sep 6, 2006
Adams got it right with his post match comments for once. We out played them in every department. 3.0 wouldnt have flattered us and it looked more likely we would get a fourth. No way will we go down playing like that. Adams is not off the hook. Why on earth is a side that good 2nd bottom and why has it taken him 5 months to get them playing? Lets hope there werent too many coaches watching Reuben. A class above.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Balham_Green":3rhzok05 said:
Adams got it right with his post match comments for once. We out played them in every department. 3.0 wouldnt have flattered us and it looked more likely we would get a fourth. No way will we go down playing like that. Adams is not off the hook. Why on earth is a side that good 2nd bottom and why has it taken him 5 months to get them playing? Lets hope there werent too many coaches watching Reuben. A class above.

Totally agree :crazy: :thumbup:

Oct 31, 2015
Balham_Green":1jvylxk9 said:
Adams is not off the hook. Why on earth is a side that good 2nd bottom and why has it taken him 5 months. Lets hope there werent too many coaches watching Reuben. A class above.

hear fffing hear. Nail and head :thumbs:

Apr 5, 2008
Why does our season never start till January, going to have to go on a mega run again to have a chance of top 6 or even top half. Why again?

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
I think this is why so many fans are so annoyed. We know that we are capable of playing such good football.
The key to the way we play is all the moving parts need to be in sync. For much of the 1st half of the season the defence and goalkeeper were not. Through not having a settled back 4, no pace at CB and no voice. The confidence, something so elusive yet so important in football, disappeared and naturally we sat back an extra 10 yards. Also Sawyer out for so long didn't help. He is Mr Consistency. 7/10 most weeks. Not too attacking and suspect with pace at him but his positional awareness is excellent. That in turn helps with the CB next to him. ASB has a lot to like about him and looks quite good at RB as well as LB, but he hasn't learn't that 'nous' yet.
The goalkeeper thing has been done to death. Macey has a lot of ability, but needs to open his gob. Even against Southend we went quiet amongst the back for and keeper & DA was getting miffed by it. Even sent a message to Lamerias on the wing to tell them to speak up. (and that was with Letheren in goal)
When we click like that then all the moving parts of the team are in Sync and we attack in quite a dynamic way.
Lamerias, from what I noticed, switches off a lot. He keeps having to be reminded to track back, cover, get into position to launch a counter etc etc. When he does all these things, well, wow. He really can unlock teams. Such quick feet. He wasn't doing this earlier in the season, thus getting dropped.
My 2 penneth worth.
We still need a pacy CB and a Quarterback style player to replace Foxy.