Brief Synopsis (Stevenage)!!! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis (Stevenage)!!!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Steve Evans":2gomad0r said:
Biggs":2gomad0r said:
Steve Evans":2gomad0r said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":2gomad0r said:
Carey 10??? Does it not concern you Steve that he played his best game of the season against such poor opposition?? I'll be convinced he's back on form if he does it again against Luton next week...and 10 for getting himself needlessly booked??
i have posted my viewpoint.

Pure curiosity, and I’m not having a dig... but is it still your view that the entire coaching set up should be fired?
yes,with the exception of derek who has finally started listening to the supporters. ;)

And listening to the fans is the secret of our recent good form, is it?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i was joking biggs.derek has done well but i just don't rate messrs wotton,willmot,nancekiville and the gentleman who is the strength coach.sorry i just can't remember his name.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Welwyn Pilgrim":1ks1sl4i said:
Carey 10??? Does it not concern you Steve that he played his best game of the season against such poor opposition?? I'll be convinced he's back on form if he does it again against Luton next week...and 10 for getting himself needlessly booked??
Unless FA Cup points are separate, I don’t think that Carey will have the chance to excel against Luton next week.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Yellow cards this season are competitive specific and Carey hasn't yet reached five yellow cards in any competition, although he's one booking away from a suspension in the league.

The yellow card amnesty is usually at the end of November.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Steve Evans":2xjgx2u0 said:
i was joking biggs.derek has done well but i just don't rate messrs wotton,willmot,nancekiville and the gentleman who is the strength coach.sorry i just can't remember his name.

Apologies, it’s hard to tell sometimes ;)

While studying Ollie Osbourne’s coaching methods, is there anything in particular you didn’t rate?

Nov 2, 2004
People assuming Stevenage are rubbish why? They in the promotion race and have a good away record. The same people said Gillingham were rubbish, since playing us they have hammered a couple of teams. Just perhaps we are better than people think.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
ealinggreen":3hx08y1d said:
People assuming Stevenage are rubbish why?

I thought they were really poor to be honest, I haven't seen a worst away display since us at Oxford. :facepalm:

When they had the ball they wasted it so many times.

Sep 2, 2008
IJN":2n985yoq said:
ealinggreen":2n985yoq said:
People assuming Stevenage are rubbish why?

I thought they were really poor to be honest, I haven't seen a worst away display since us at Oxford. :facepalm:

When they had the ball they wasted it so many times.

Almost as many times as Tafari Moore. He is not playing with a lot of confidence at all. The fact that he struggled today against a team that were '..really poor...' is a real concern. I hope Adams is already shopping for a decent right back in the January sales.

Firstly, to billy baker and his brother alf, will sutherland, norman wood and stanley reed. Thank you argyle boys.
100 years gone but your sacrifice will always be relevent in my eyes.
Thanks to PAFC for honouring these little known about argyle players. Also for the prog printed especially
for the 100th anniversary of armistice day, containing a great write up of other argyle players and fans of that bygone
era including an eye catching cover illustration by tim godden. Normally i fold up me prog during and after games but
not for this one today. Gonna be keeping this one safe and sound.
I also noticed a nice display of banners in the demport by the fans with skipper foxy laying a reef to mark the end of
the ceremony. In the prog it stated that in 1920 skipper septimus did similar for these players at the cenotaph.
Adorned with green and black ribbons apparently. Different eras and yet the same respect shown. Well done PAFC.

Back to the game and apparently a 1st round fa cup tie was happening out home park.
Good news is that argo got through it fairly comfortably in the end. A better final ball/ shot/ decision and we could
have won more convincingly. The other good thing about today was unlike earlier in the season argyle now look way above
L2 standard going by this performance against what is a bog standard L2 side, and we were not at our best either.

For the first half an unchanged 4231 argyle dominated possession but didnt really threaten SBFC enough with it.
Approach play was good up to their area but then a mixture of poor decisions and strong defending in numbers by SBFC
kept us out.
There was very little threat to us at the other end. Yanner and niall were again strong at the back and we dealt
with their set pieces comfortably. Conor G at LB again outstanding. A really good young footballer.
The other side and taf is still struggling at times but he still needs to play if he is to learn and then hopefully
improve his game.
Matt in goal caught everything coming his way and punched away a few crosses but was rarely threatened with shots
of any kind.
The centre mid triplets, foxy, nessie and sarce dominated but sarce not so influential today in his new no 10 role.
Big fred battled away and threatened when in one on one situations, but this game unlike others recently,
he wasted plenty of those good situations. Most of the time though he struggled having multiple defenders around him.
Joel G wasnt up to the standard of the previous game but generally he did ok and worked hard. MOM for me today was
GC10. He continually had the beating of his full back and in combination with sub rueben second half the pair were
in the end unstoppable.

Second half i thought we started a bit sloppy and they had their first shot on goal from a soft FK conceded.
DA changed things early with the intro of rueben. For nessie who went off injured and so sarce
dropped back into the middle 2 and rueben went into the no 10 role. Argyle now with a very attacking front 4 went after
SBFC. Lots and lots of frustration for the green army followed as we just couldnt find a finish. Brilliant approach play at
times, but there always seemed to be a bad decision by us or a desperate block by them keeping us out, until finally
it happened.
One of their players mid half suffered a serious injury and was stretchered off. So 10 mins of injury time was announced
to huge cheers and in that time we pressed and pressed and finally the ball fell for rueben to lash home left footed.
Yeeeah! FA cup winning goal time. It sure was a happy time too bouncing around bumping into one another. Much gentler
these days though. Far too old and fragile for fierce bearhugging anymore.
The few mins remaining argyle saw out the game comfortably apart from matt maceys seemingly banana skin coated boots
slipping from under him for no apparent reason when catching a loose ball. Gulp! Please dont do things like that matt.
It aint good for us old farts.

So argyle are on their way to wembury. They do a good basket meal down pub heybrook bay. I recall this whilst on secondment
to HMS cambridge in the 80s from RNAD ernesettle. Mastered me darts there practising too. Thats hms cambridge not
the pub by the way. Had it far too easy working for the civil in those days.
Not asking for much but a nice easy tiddler home parker will do nicely for the second round and then the man city
monster at HP for the 3rd round please mr FA. :scarf:

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":3bfwbepp said:
A frustrating game but I think we got what we deserved in the end. We showed composure & patience.

We showed a lack of inventiveness, urgency and cutting edge as we have for most of the season. Way too much sideways, backwards play and no incisiveness. The "crowd" were quiet because there was little on the pitch to rouse them from their slumbers.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":22p8vhqt said:
A frustrating game but I think we got what we deserved in the end. We showed composure & patience.

We showed a lack of inventiveness, urgency and cutting edge as we have for most of the season. Way too much sideways, backwards play and no incisiveness. The "crowd" were quiet because there was little on the pitch to rouse them from their slumbers.