Brief Synopsis (Stevenage)!!! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis (Stevenage)!!!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Mike Charlick":2yjxry8w said:
Cobi Budge":2yjxry8w said:
I don't have an issue with parking the bus as such, I've seen us do it, but I do have an issue with parking the bus & in addition to that having no intention of playing a game of football in any form, which is what Stevenage did. Graham Westley left them a while ago but he's still there in spirit.

No different to what we did at Anfield, albeit slightly more successfully.

There's a huge difference.

At Anfield we played a side in the top 5 of the Premier League, whilst we were in League 2.

Stevenage today played a side only 12 places ahead of them in the pyramid.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
If they came down and set up for a point, fine, but it was the clear & blatant time wasting from almost minute 1 that made me lose any respect for them.

Glad they got sent home with nothing.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
A game we should have won quite easily, such was the gulf in class. That said our tidy and on occasion attacking football lacked an edge in the final thirds - I thought Ladapo was really quite poor today in his link play and first touch.

Carey was sublime at times - visions of his best even though the opposition was weaker than usual.

Highlight of the game was Fox's through ball for Ladapo in the first-half - truly defence splitting.

MoM - Carey

Jul 17, 2011
Although we performed well, the standard in league 2 is worse than league 1. And yes we can only beat what is in front of us and we did! However you can see even today some flaws:

A, Tafari Moore is not good enough yet. He gets up and down the Wong quick, but lacks a pass ( which is strange considering he came from arsenal )

B, Matt Macey cannot kick a ball, and the whole team know it. The management need to have him practicing for hours on end.

C, grant and Carey compliment each other very well, but they still try to pass the ball in- we need to be more clinical.

D, finally I really don’t miss league 2 referees- he was a plonker.

Best wishes to that lad who went off injured- Stevenage need all the luck they can get judging from that performance. Shows how far we’ve come really.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
a very forgettable and frustrating match due to the negative tactics by our opponents,and also our players not shooting when in front of goal.graham carey was man of the match closely followed by david fox and ruben lameiras who got things going.my ratings;

Matt Macey - 6
Tafari Moore - 4
Yann Songo'o - 7
Niall Canavan - 5
Connor Grant - 7
David Fox - 9
Jamie Ness - 5
Antoni Sarcevic - 7
Graham Carey - 10
Joel Grant - 6
Freddie Ladapo - 4

Kyle Letheren - unused
Peter Grant - unused
Ashley Smith-Brown - unused
Stewart O'Keefe - unused
Ruben Lameiras - 8
Luke Jephcott - unused
Ryan Taylor - unused

Oct 14, 2015
Carey 10??? Does it not concern you Steve that he played his best game of the season against such poor opposition?? I'll be convinced he's back on form if he does it again against Luton next week...and 10 for getting himself needlessly booked??

Feb 2, 2007
Welwyn Pilgrim":12s1phdq said:
Carey 10??? Does it not concern you Steve that he played his best game of the season against such poor opposition?? I'll be convinced he's back on form if he does it again against Luton next week...

Steve is Graham's third cousin removed so his judgement is somewhat tainted. He's also fathered our entire youth set up. So again tainted. Other than that his opinions are spot on.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Welwyn Pilgrim":3nwgihed said:
Carey 10??? Does it not concern you Steve that he played his best game of the season against such poor opposition?? I'll be convinced he's back on form if he does it again against Luton next week...and 10 for getting himself needlessly booked??
i have posted my viewpoint.

Oct 31, 2015
I have to laugh at all those people slating the opposition for parking the bus. That has been DAs tactics for most of his tenure and how we got out of league 2 !!!

Dominated today and stayed patient.

I thought Macey did well today and I prefer looking for the short ball when starting play because his long kicking is terrible.

Moore is not a 3rd division player. I will give him time as he is youngish but boy that gap left by Threkheld needs filling.

Both CBs looked good to me and are starting to form a partnership.

Grant C making that spot his own. Master stroke Putting him at LB. A couple of sublime tackles and looks to go forward.

In midfield Fox was running it but I thought Ness and Sarcs were a bit off today. Ness carrying an injury?

Carey enjoyed playing 4th division opposition and deserved a goal. Grant J was very good 1st half but lost his way towards the end.

Freddie fluffed his normal 1 on 1 but played ok.

Rubes made the difference when he came on and again deserved his goal.

MOM for me would have been Carey or Fox.

Job done but oh so nearly a midweek trip we didn't need.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Steve Evans":28sl4wf9 said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":28sl4wf9 said:

Pure curiosity, and I’m not having a dig... but is it still your view that the entire coaching set up should be fired?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Biggs":30amsaxl said:
Steve Evans":30amsaxl said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":30amsaxl said:

Pure curiosity, and I’m not having a dig... but is it still your view that the entire coaching set up should be fired?
yes,with the exception of derek who has finally started listening to the supporters. ;)