Bradford v Argyle match thread | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bradford v Argyle match thread

Sep 6, 2006
rsp4":25q3viwb said:
jespafc":25q3viwb said:
rsp4":25q3viwb said:
A bit disappointed to be honest. We have played the bottom 2 at theirs and come away with a point from both. Good enough if we stay up but not progress Im afraid.

Well done Cans and Kyle. We are better with them playing and a clean sheet.

I take your point, but I think at this stage we need to ensure we get to that 52 points mark and games like today are very tricky. A point is one closer to safety, and given our predicament for most of this season, I'll just be very relieved to see us get over the line and be a L1 team again next season.

I agree mate hence my ok it was a point away from home but deep down not good enough.

I'm with you nail the 52 points as soon as possible and keep us lg1 but school report will read not good enough must try harder :)

Nothing wrong with a point today against a side fighting for their lives. Always tricky games. It was first half of the season that was NOT good enough.

Aug 2, 2011
Knibbsworth":2fh6t6sf said:
Beyton_Green":2fh6t6sf said:
Why does he always take off the most likely guy to score out of nothing?

If DA takes off Carey: "FFS, why does he always take off our best player when we need to break down a defence?"
If DA takes off Ladapo: "FFS, why does he always take off our top scorer when we need a goal?"
If DA takes off Sarcevic/Fox/Songo'o: "FFS, why is he taking off midfielders for forwards when they are already starting to overrun us!"
If DA doesn't get Taylor on: "FFS, another game with our best most intelligent striker on the bench."
If DA takes off Lameiras: "Why does he always take off the most likely player to score out of nothing".

Luckily we're picking up points and clean sheets, otherwise the classic reaction to DA picking a settled team after a defeat:
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Because he is a professional football manager and the other two thousand plus posters on here are not.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
oldage":257mbz3e said:
But Songo'o was excellent last week at home.
I agree. No way should Songo'o be dropped. If anything Oscar could keep his place at RB replacing Smith-Brown who's one booking away from a 2 match ban.

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":1da667fp said:
rsp4":1da667fp said:
jespafc":1da667fp said:
rsp4":1da667fp said:
A bit disappointed to be honest. We have played the bottom 2 at theirs and come away with a point from both. Good enough if we stay up but not progress Im afraid.

I take your point, but I think at this stage we need to ensure we get to that 52 points mark and games like today are very tricky. A point is one closer to safety, and given our predicament for most of this season, I'll just be very relieved to see us get over the line and be a L1 team again next season.

I agree mate hence my ok it was a point away from home but deep down not good enough.

I'm with you nail the 52 points as soon as possible and keep us lg1 but school report will read not good enough must try harder :)

Nothing wrong with a point today against a side fighting for their lives. Always tricky games.

Exactly we have been bottom most of the season. What was our perspective when a side 16th in the table came to Home Park when we were rock bottom? It was one of the winnable games! Play to win with the urgency of the FA Cup final. Bradford were always going to have a real crack at us today, three of their next four fixtures are against top 6 sides. The season is running out of time. A point is much better for us than them.

Jan 31, 2010
Worcester
Songo’o as a footballer is one of the most limited players I’ve seen play for Argyle...Touch of a ....

He does however provide defensive cover really well and therefore would start him most games to provide support for the defence

Aug 5, 2016
Taxman Dave":z14ubaxb said:
Songo’o as a footballer is one of the most limited players I’ve seen play for Argyle...Touch of a ....

He does however provide defensive cover really well and therefore would start him most games to provide support for the defence

Muhammad Ali once said: "If God ever calls me to a holy war, I want Joe Frazier stood beside me". Frazier wasn't technically an outstanding boxer but his drive, will to win, determination, bravery, commitment and ferocious spirit set him apart in the golden generation of heavyweights.

I think the same could be said of Yann Songo'o. I don't think anyone in the Argyle team wants to go into battle without him.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Just seen the defending from Canavan. Brilliant, got us a draw that.

Knibbsworth":27sfef9g said:
Taxman Dave":27sfef9g said:

Muhammad Ali once said: "If God ever calls me to a holy war, I want Joe Frazier stood beside me". Frazier wasn't technically an outstanding boxer but his drive, will to win, determination, bravery, commitment and ferocious spirit set him apart in the golden generation of heavyweights.

I think the same could be said of Yann Songo'o. I don't think anyone in the Argyle team wants to go into battle without him.
Yes but everybody were crying out for Threlkeld weren't they, so which is it Songo'o or Threlkeld?

Oct 31, 2015
Knibbsworth":1pkdwrtx said:
Balham_Green":1pkdwrtx said:
rsp4":1pkdwrtx said:
jespafc":1pkdwrtx said:
rsp4":1pkdwrtx said:

Nothing wrong with a point today against a side fighting for their lives. Always tricky games.

Exactly we have been bottom most of the season. What was our perspective when a side 16th in the table came to Home Park when we were rock bottom? It was one of the winnable games! Play to win with the urgency of the FA Cup final. Bradford were always going to have a real crack at us today, three of their next four fixtures are against top 6 sides. The season is running out of time. A point is much better for us than them.

Ok flip it on its head when we were bottom and struggling did teams come to HP and were happy with a draw. Doubt it in most cases. Some will be happy but others would have been disappointed. A point is ok away from home, always will be but I feel a tad disappointed with the point.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Songo'o is in my top 3 for player of the season. Consistent over the season playing in two positions and steadied the defence at centre-back when the first choice centre-backs struggled.