Bradford interested in Ryan Taylor - update: bid rejected | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bradford interested in Ryan Taylor - update: bid rejected

Jan 6, 2004
Any “cashing in” would have to factor in the very real renewed risk of relegation - Taylor is critical to our recent form - without him attacks just break down

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Balham_Green":yon1oyis said:
Leon Horn":yon1oyis said:
I just hope it doesn’t unsettle Taylor who hails from South Yorkshire. Can’t afford for him to ‘do a Toums’!

He's under contract! But everybody has a price and not sure how long. If it's until the summer Argyle may be tempted to cash in. Bradford can probably up the bid.

Well then it's time to sit down with Ryan and offer him a longer term deal. He surely has to be integral to what Derek Adams is trying to achieve. Trying to replace him when he was injured proved impossible. That said We need to be looking for someone similar to push him for his place or at least be his understudy.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Bradford have apparently made three bids so they are keen, a lot will depend on replacements, I think if Adams can bring in two strikers in the same mould as Taylor then he will leave. He can leave for free in six months.

The Bradford fans are not happy about this potential signing, they probably looked at Taylor's goal scoring record rather than what he brings to the team.

Sep 17, 2017
oldage":33hj1l6t said:
See how we coped without Taylor and before Toums arrived earlier in the season .If we were to lose Carey and Bradley in addition we would be in big trouble.

If the players want to go then it puts a difference slant on things,

You only have to look at Bradley’s performances early in the season when his head was turned,

If the Argyle favourites want to go then it becomes very difficult for the management team,

Take Taylor, nobody wants to see him leave, but if he won’t extend his contract it’s probably nailed on he’ll move in the summer,

it may be better to ‘cash in’ providing it’s a decent offer,

I just hope that all options are being considered.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
PL2 3DQ":1tyxa1ps said:
Bradford have apparently made three bids so they are keen, a lot will depend on replacements, I think if Adams can bring in two strikers in the same mould as Taylor then he will leave. He can leave for free in six months.

The Bradford fans are not happy about this potential signing, they probably looked at Taylor's goal scoring record rather than what he brings to the team.

Remember Ian, it was those idiots that said we were the worst team to play them, despite us beating them in the league and giving them a right go in the FA Cup.

Nov 2, 2004
Clubs do not make offers out of the blue.It can be assumed Taylor and his agent would like the move.As we failed to sign a suitable alternative in the Summer, the chances of signing two decent replacements now seems fanciful.Taylor must be kept no matter what the offer is,without a proper central striker we will face relegation.We are also in desperate need of cover/competition for Taylor.Of course Adams will be more aware of this than any of us,lets hope we do not get turned down by everyone as per the Summer.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Sucks having such key players with only 6 months left on there contracts.

Mar 8, 2016
More money, closer to home. We’ve been here before. Although in my opinion this would be a bigger loss than toums.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
oldage":1m5slakp said:
Wouldn't make much difference how long the contract is if he wants to go .

Maybe not but it gives us more leverage in the fee.

I struggle to understand the fact that we can have our best players like Bradley, Taylor and Oscar on the unsettled 6 month of contract period.

It’s only natural for them and there agents to start looking round for further employment keeping there options open.

Can we plan further ahead as a club? Toumbs was a prime example and I stlll think if we had opened talks earlier we would have him here now and until the end of the season at least.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Wonder what sort of bid the club would regard as acceptable?

Every player has his price and in reality Argyle has typically been a "selling" club. As we have already let 3 strikers go surely we can't consider letting Taylor go?

I may be proved wrong but I am not convinced we can find two quality strikers to join in January which would be a minimum if Taylor went.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Who cares about reports that our 1 remaining forward is having an interest shown in him. Everything is just perfect the way things are and there’s really no need to bother with recruitment, after all we had to make do without Taylor for so much of the early part of the season and we’re still 13th.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
X Isle":1hflpid2 said:
:yawn:

PATIENCE.

Ah the all too familiar Argyle transfer window ‘PATIENCE’ demand.

Cifcti signing to the rescue :lol: