Bradford interested in Ryan Taylor - update: bid rejected | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bradford interested in Ryan Taylor - update: bid rejected

Feb 23, 2006
what you gents may find its called" commercial confidentiality or commercially sensitive information "the non disclosure of fee and salaries its very much like a game of poker,counter bluff and not showing a sign of the hand that you hold especially if its one to your advantage,and again if its a weak hand again you don't show it.

Sep 29, 2013
plymouth
Daz":2831nqmg said:
Tugboat":2831nqmg said:
Daz":2831nqmg said:
Tugboat":2831nqmg said:
Yeah that’s a good idea. Keep the clubs fan base as mushrooms.

Whilst we’re at it why not play matches behind closed doors but still charge for tickets

Tell us all the terms of your employment contract Tuggers.

Taylor’s contract will be confidential and you and I as fans are not entitled to know what it says unless both parties agree.

I’m not a public figure working for a club with a hugh fan base heavily financed by said fan base.

I’m not asking for details on how much he earns. I’m saying IF the club offered terms that included an extra year option then why not say ‘his contact expires in 6 months and the club have the option of extending it by 12 months’?

It’s connecting with supporters and rewarding them with information regarding to what they help finance and support.

Perhaps they wont release details as they are working on a new deal? Fingers crossed.

The problem with social media (including pasoti) is that we all want all of the information instantly (as that's what we are used to) even if we aren't entitled to it. I'm sure back in the day we (i say we, but i really mean people of IJN's age) first heard about these type of things the day after it happened when it was reported in the Evening Herald.

Oh come on IJN isn't that old!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Tugboat":3h72pwvi said:
Daz":3h72pwvi said:
Daz":3h72pwvi said:

Whilst we’re at it why not play matches behind closed doors but still charge for tickets

Taylor’s contract will be confidential and you and I as fans are not entitled to know what it says unless both parties agree.

I’m not a public figure working for a club with a hugh fan base heavily financed by said fan base.

I’m not asking for details on how much he earns. I’m saying IF the club offered terms that included an extra year option then why not say ‘his contact expires in 6 months and the club have the option of extending it by 12 months’?

It’s connecting with supporters and rewarding them with information regarding to what they help finance and support.

Perhaps they wont release details as they are working on a new deal? Fingers crossed.

The problem with social media (including pasoti) is that we all want all of the information instantly (as that's what we are used to) even if we aren't entitled to it. I'm sure back in the day we (i say we, but i really mean people of IJN's age) first heard about these type of things the day after it happened when it was reported in the Evening Herald.

I agree with the social media and that in turn gives us that ‘speculation’ euphoria which then drives the need for said information.

Vicious circle of trying to respond/reject/react to unwanted interest in our players

If Taylor wanted to stir things, I am sure he could get his agent to appropriately leak that information?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Quintrell_Green":c25lqeda said:
Tugboat":c25lqeda said:
Daz":c25lqeda said:
Daz":c25lqeda said:

I agree with the social media and that in turn gives us that ‘speculation’ euphoria which then drives the need for said information.

Vicious circle of trying to respond/reject/react to unwanted interest in our players

If Taylor wanted to stir things, I am sure he could get his agent to appropriately leak that information?

More the reason for releasing information in the first place by the club.

And I reiterate the information I’m question is length of contract, not salary.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Aaron D.":2hxfkkoe said:
Tugboat":2hxfkkoe said:
Daz":2hxfkkoe said:
Tugboat":2hxfkkoe said:

Fair point. In simpler times (1980s and early 1990s for me), we as fans were told the length of contracts when a new player signed, we also were told the signing on fee. I think the money created by the premier league changed all that.

No, Marc Bosman changed all that.

Quinny":xsfbo59a said:
Aaron D.":xsfbo59a said:
Tugboat":xsfbo59a said:
Daz":xsfbo59a said:
Tugboat":xsfbo59a said:

Fair point. In simpler times (1980s and early 1990s for me), we as fans were told the length of contracts when a new player signed, we also were told the signing on fee. I think the money created by the premier league changed all that.

No, Marc Bosman changed all that.

Good point.