Big Green Lottery. | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Big Green Lottery.

Apr 1, 2009
The letter itself is not necessarily the end of the story. My recent one told me I'd won £10 and a that a cheque was enclosed. Problem was there was no cheque.

Yes, I should have chased it up. However I'm not in the BGL for money and had better things to do.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I got a letter saying it was closing and this week just won £50. My membership number has increased by over 700 but never mind.

No letter for me.

Membership number increased - what's that about???

Know few of us on here wondered if we were still being included in BGL draws and commented about the winning numbers seemingly being higher than the number of members. 🤔

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
I don’t understand the membership number change; I joined on launch night and my number is consequently very low. Maybe it was a typo.

Sep 22, 2003
No letter for me.

Membership number increased - what's that about???

Know few of us on here wondered if we were still being included in BGL draws and commented about the winning numbers seemingly being higher than the number of members. 🤔
Cheshire, the membership numbers are not reissued, which means that over the years, there will be fewer of the lower numbers that remain valid.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Cheshire, the membership numbers are not reissued, which means that over the years, there will be fewer of the lower numbers that remain valid.
I was commenting on what Keyham said earlier on this thread that he had a win but when notified his number has increased by over 700.

No idea why the BGL is such an opaque set up, (nobody seems to really know how the draws work or what the various numbers on the member cards relate to) just hoping whatever replaces it is an improvement. That shouldn't be difficult to achieve.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
It could have been a typing error about my membership number. On this thread on page three, cheshiregreen posted that week result which I won ten pounds. My membership number then was 708 and now this week win, my membership number is 1494. It just seemed strange.

Reactions: cheshiregreen

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
For those of us who think the BGL have forgotten us it will be interesting to see if we receive a letter and that the direct debits stop.

Reactions: Biggs
Jul 24, 2012
I don’t understand the membership number change; I joined on launch night and my number is consequently very low. Maybe it was a typo.
I signed up in 2020 and have a member number in the 60s.. I always thought it was weird that I was so low. Also - You hardly see winners in the low numbers (not that I’m bothered).

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I signed up in 2020 and have a member number in the 60s.. I always thought it was weird that I was so low. Also - You hardly see winners in the low numbers (not that I’m bothered).

My number is in the 700s but I joined about 8 or 9 years ago.

It’s all a mystery. :unsure:

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Just maybe all the mystery and inneffective mgt is why it's being superceded with something argyle have direct control over.

Does the panel think that Annual DD members will get the outstanding amounts refunded?