Big Green Lottery. | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Big Green Lottery.

May 14, 2016
This is the letter for those that haven't received it yet. I had this over 2 weeks ago.

DSC_1137~2.JPG

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I haven’t received a letter, but I know I’m in the draw because I won a prize earlier in the year.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I only won once...10 quid and they sent me a GBP cheque to cash in NZ!! :)

I tried to get them to credit it to the account that made the monthly payment but no joy!

Nov 9, 2011
This whole issue seems to be a bit of a shambles .
Good job it’s going to end soon as somebody might raise some of the issues with the regulator and potentially cause a number of problems for the club.

Reactions: LipsonJock

Soulman

🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹
✅ Evergreen
Apr 13, 2019
Never saw the results but guess they were out there somewhere

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
The National Lottery returns 50% in prize money with 25% going to good causes. If there are a 1,000 members thats £10,000 a month and £120,000 per year. So what return is there in prize money. Including the big one ... say £15,000, lets say £20,000 which it isn't. Way way way below National Lottery standards of 50%.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There's still a draw missing from the summer but I don't hold out much hope of that being rectified.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
BGL officially closed yesterday (3rd November). Assume the annual draw details will be out soon for the lucky few.

Awaiting announcement of replacement scheme hopefully in coming days from the club.

As I was operating on a Standing Order and not a Direct Debit, I have cancelled with my bank. Still not received the closure letter referred to on this thread.

Sep 22, 2003
This whole issue seems to be a bit of a shambles .
Good job it’s going to end soon as somebody might raise some of the issues with the regulator and potentially cause a number of problems for the club.
I wonder if there has indeed been regulatory problems. It seems strange to cancel without having a replacement in place.
I pay annually, so they have my money in advance.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
I wonder if there has indeed been regulatory problems. It seems strange to cancel without having a replacement in place.
I pay annually, so they have my money in advance.
If there are regulation issues, I’m sure there is a legal requirement for those who run the Lottery to inform those involved of the issues.

As that hasn’t happened (yet?) , I’m assuming there isn’t a regulation issue.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
BGL officially closed yesterday (3rd November). Assume the annual draw details will be out soon for the lucky few.

Awaiting announcement of replacement scheme hopefully in coming days from the club.

As I was operating on a Standing Order and not a Direct Debit, I have cancelled with my bank. Still not received the closure letter referred to on this thread.
I have a Standing Order for £9.75 to The Argyle Foundation, next payment due tomorrow (5/11).
Is that it or is that The Trust? Don't want to cancel the wrong thing.
Anyone can help?

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
I have a Standing Order for £9.75 to The Argyle Foundation, next payment due tomorrow (5/11).
Is that it or is that The Trust? Don't want to cancel the wrong thing.
Anyone can help?
£9.75 is the amount that was taken monthly so I guess that is it. Get that cancelled.

Reactions: IJN

Cheltnum Green

✅ Evergreen
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 15, 2021
Just maybe all the mystery and inneffective mgt is why it's being superceded with something argyle have direct control over.

Does the panel think that Annual DD members will get the outstanding amounts refunded?
When I got the letter, I enquired and got a reply that the outstanding balance (I paid yearly by DD), would be returned by cheque). Unfortunately I’ve not been ‘home’ since to check.