Best Argyle game EVER | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Best Argyle game EVER

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
JannerinCardiff":3si5ntbq said:
My all time fav was West Brom 2-5 Argyle, Steve Castle scoring best hat-trick I’ve ever seen live. All if the 50 Argyle fans in the away end were all doing the conga !!!

I still rave on and tell people about the diving header Steve Castle scored in that game, and to this day it is still one of the best goals I have ever seen scores by an Argyle player. If memory serves me correct a fair number of the Baggies fans applauded it as well

Oct 1, 2013
Very difficult to pick one... Swindon away was very special... "2-2 and you f&%ked it up!"
Sheff Weds away and Forest away provided some of the best football i've seen from Argyle.
Bristol City away when Rory Fallon netted a double and Rab Douglas played an emergency game in goal was pretty special.

Even last season home to Wimbledon winning 4-2 for the last tuesday night game for the Mayflower was a really entertaining game.

Aug 5, 2016
Despite losing 3-2, the Wycombe playoff game at home was a special feeling. From 3-0 and out to the two comeback goals, an electric atmosphere until FT, it was brilliant. The atmosphere at Pompey away the following season was extraordinary as well.

Sep 6, 2006
A lot of the games mentioned above pale in to comparison to winning in the 1/4 fa cup at Baseball ground 1984 with the huge national attention Argyle got as a result. Fantastic scenes at the end.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Difficult one this for best match. Winning 1-0 at Sheff Utd in 2007 when we were 4th in the Championship. A ground where we hadn't won in 40 odd years. Feeling was that we had a team that could do it.
When we scored to take the lead against the mighty Everton in the FA cup in 1989. Never heard such a roar from 28k fans rammed into Home Park.
For pure theatre of that last minute win, it was Hartleys goal against Pompey a few seasons ago.
Also the 1-0 win at Leicester after Hollowords left. Just because!

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
No one has mentioned the 6-0 thrashing of Torquay United on Boxing Day in 1969, in front of 17,000 at Home Park. Difficult to believe, I know, but in those days there was a bitter rivalry and a lot of needle to those Third Division Devon Derbies. It was long before perennial-Fourth-Division Exeter City came onto the scene as our focus of displeasure, and Torquay were definitely the team to beat. To stick half a dozen past them as a Christmas present and watch the incomparable local boy, Mike Bickle, score four goals was just so very sweet.