Best Argyle game EVER | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Best Argyle game EVER

I think the play-off win against Colchester for me too. That last minute winner from Charlie Williams was amazing. We used to stand behind the away dug out to collect autographs and after Neil Warnock was sent off, he jumped in there and stood behind us. Final was rubbish of course, but at least we managed to win at Wembley that day,

M

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It deffo wasn’t last minute. I don’t think my head could have coped with that!

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
A couple that live in the memory are:

- a 4-3 win over Swindon
- the 2-1 win over Palace when the great Jim Furnell saved an injury time penalty from Terry Venables.

I checked these out on GoS and was amazed to find they were within a couple of weeks of each other in December 1974 - promotion season of course.

But still for me it would have to be the 1-0 victory to secure promotion against Colchester that season. Truly magnificent celebrations at Home Park that evening - as a young lad I rubbed my scarf in the turf and never washed it away.

Jan 6, 2007
Both the play off semi final wins because of the raw emotion, Charlie running the length of the Lyndy celebrating and the pile on after Hartleys header will live with me forever.
Marino's winner at Swindon after we'd blown a 2 goal lead late on was a great moment
Taking the Title at Darlington with a 4-1 win on a Monday Night, I was standing beside the goal post when the final whistle went.
Another particular favourite of mine was beating Man City 3-2 after being 2 nil down in 88, Tommy, Mark Smith, and a Stewart Evans winner. The surge from the back of the Lyndhurst got longer after each goal, I lost my shoe following the winner.

Oct 31, 2015
For me there is more than one.

The QPR win at home for promotion
Mickey Evans last game against Ipswich when he scored.
The 2 X play off semi finals we won at HP
The Brizzle City 4-1 win for promotion
Hartlepool away 8-1.

All very good memories

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It was 4-0 v the Turnips, no one would have scored past us that night. :greensmile:

Oct 31, 2015
IJN":23vo69i3 said:
It was 4-0 v the Turnips, no one would have scored past us that night. :greensmile:

Yea you're right mate. Not sure why I out the one in. Doh!!!!!!

Nov 9, 2008
The obvious ones stick in the memory- QPR to win Division 2, beating Swindon 3-2 at their place after they came back from 2-0 down, the 7-1 win in our Division Two title campaign, putting 6 past Peterborough on a Tuesday night in that same season.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
mde203":gpkrdkf4 said:
The obvious ones stick in the memory- QPR to win Division 2, beating Swindon 3-2 at their place after they came back from 2-0 down, the 7-1 win in our Division Two title campaign, putting 6 past Peterborough on a Tuesday night in that same season.

That Swindon game was epic... their fans gave us the '2-0...and you f***ed it up'. Then they get a man sent off and from the free kick Marino popped up with the winner... '2-2 and you f***ed it' we chanted back. brilliant.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Another vote for the Hilsborough game in 2003. We would have beaten anyone that night. If we had stuck 8 past them they couldn't have moaned. Away end was bouncing must have been 3000 for a midweek game.
Got back to the car and timed into Radio Sheffield and the first caller opened with - They were the best team I've seen up here for a fee years. They will win the league in March.
It turned out to be later than that but it was never in doubt for me all season.

ping_g5":3k7cejbi said:
mde203":3k7cejbi said:

That Swindon game was epic... their fans gave us the '2-0...and you f***ed it up'. Then they get a man sent off and from the free kick Marino popped up with the winner... '2-2 and you f***ed it' we chanted back. brilliant.

My all time favourite