Away to Chelsea - Sat 5 Feb 12.30pm | Page 52 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Away to Chelsea - Sat 5 Feb 12.30pm

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Yes agree with above

Despite some good Argyle fans looking out for possible tickets for me and my son, became clear early on yesterday that never going to reach general sale so we’re in the home end (west stand upper)

Keeping my 17 year old passionate Argyle supporting son under control when Hardie scores his second will be interesting….😄😂

FYI as I’m St Albans based, a lot of local non season ticket holder Chelsea fans excepted to pick up tickets in general sale interesting to hear them when Chelsea had sold out before going to general sale

Thats the pull of playing the mighty Argyle 😂

COYG

Sep 3, 2009
I have to say the Chelsea game is like a bonus.

Its a chance to go to a ground lm not been at. A chance to see top level players in live action. It’s ok seeing them on the pitch but to me it’s different seeing them in person. When l saw Guillt at HP in a pre season friendly for Chelsea the stature of the man was something to behold.

Its a day out. A break from lower league football.

However, games against Lincoln, Shrewsbury & Rotherham at HP lm more excited about because we are in a mix of teams for a playoff push and excited to see if we can sustain it. Against Chelsea we will hardly see the ball lm guessing. And mostly be trying to keep them out. So it’s a totally different game.

l think the Chelsea game highlights an issue with regards to us in the sense of how do you get the casual fans excited in Argyle playing lower league opposition.
Pretty much how I see it.

Wouldn't have bothered with this one if I couldn't also have got my daughter a ticket but it will be good to see some top class players in the flesh. Felt the same way you did about Gullit when I saw Eden Hazard play - he seemed to glide along above the pitch with the ball at his feet.

The league will always be the priority and although the casual fan is harder to attract, it does feel like the base is finally growing.

Reactions: David Doidge

Alviverde

🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷
Dec 5, 2021
I discovered in conversation with my daughter's boyfriend (from a Palace supporting family), that the game isn't being transmitted live on the 5th. I then presumed the regulations would be different regarding FA Cup games......but thankfully
I've since checked the Argyle site and it will be available on Argyleplayer.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I discovered in conversation with my daughter's boyfriend (from a Palace supporting family), that the game isn't being transmitted live on the 5th. I then presumed the regulations would be different regarding FA Cup games......but thankfully
I've since checked the Argyle site and it will be available on Argyleplayer.
Free to air on BBC iPlayer too

Reactions: Alviverde
Jan 6, 2004
I get the impression the West Stand usually contains lots of neutrals anyway. The very large clubs always get loads of neutrals in attendance, particularly given Chelsea's location.

Apr 4, 2004
So with non season ticket holders not getting a chance to join the shed end how many greens do we think will be in the "home" ends?
I know of three. We are in the lower West stand. I've got two youngsters with me. Hopefully they will behave themselves. I'm guessing there's going to be loads in with the home fans.

Swaz

♣️ PASALB Member
Jan 25, 2011
bishops stortford
Am doing some hospitality (Museum package) and in the West Stand, Upper Tier 👍 Gonna make a weekend of it and staying in the Copthorne Millennium, Chelsea FC. Can't wait!!