Away to Chelsea - Sat 5 Feb 12.30pm | Page 39 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Away to Chelsea - Sat 5 Feb 12.30pm

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
If you go with others and book together it’s cheaper. It’s £90 at the moment for one person but £280 for 4. 👍

Only ever the two of us going to away games so makes it a little more tricky unfortunately.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Chelsea away! Lovely. We can give their B team a run for their money...If Tuchel plays the best side he has available though it will get messy...Lukaku (vastly over-rated) will have a nice battle with Scarr!!
Cobie
The last time I got a train to London it was £100 return. Maybe I’m just not doing it right.
Cobie, you are probably are doing it wrong. LC goes up and down to Palace many times. He's also given may tips how to do it cheap.

From what I've seen he uses cheep single tickets that go past his desitination and then uses tickets that start before he gets on and uses them to get home.

There is always something to be learnt and one of the things that our supporters should learn is how to game the railway ticket system.

Reactions: Cobi Budge

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Cobie

Cobie, you are probably are doing it wrong. LC goes up and down to Palace many times. He's also given may tips how to do it cheap.

From what I've seen he uses cheep single tickets that go past his desitination and then uses tickets that start before he gets on and uses them to get home.

There is always something to be learnt and one the things that our supporters should lean is how to game the railway ticket system.
The Ipswich trick seems to have been cut off. 🧐

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
For London always try Exeter to Waterloo route and buy a separate connection from Plymouth (or if you're lucky have someone pick you up from Exeter)
For some reason it tends to knock at least £50 off the overall cost if not more.

Having said that, the cost of train travel in the UK is nothing short of scandalous full stop. On some routes the price hike has been twice the rate of inflation since privatisation

Reactions: Argyle sy

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Well having read that I did a new search and within 30 seconds found a return for £58. You definitely are doing something wrong.

A search on train line Plymouth-Paddington on that date shows a return at £109, so I definitely am doing something wrong. Anyhow I have alternative transport but I was just curious.

AAEA46FC-262C-4554-AB95-F14A6825BB94.jpeg

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
I would think that it's not by searching for exact destinations.

edit: just did a quick search. £38 to London to make in time for the game. Getting back is a bit more complext but gan be done.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Having said that, the cost of train travel in the UK is nothing short of scandalous full stop. On some routes the price hike has been twice the rate of inflation since privatisation

I spent a few months in Spain a while back and I was just staggered at the difference.

May 8, 2011
Perhaps try using the National Express coach service.
Either go to Victoria, walking distance or short tube journey to Stamford Bridge or get off and on at Heathrow and get the tube into Earls Court, either change to the Wimbledon line or take a short walk to Stamford Bridge.

May 8, 2011
I spent a few months in Spain a while back and I was just staggered at the difference.

some routes can be really cheap, as someone mentioned Exeter to Waterloo can be about £15.
After the Fleetwood game I’m travelling up to Glasgow. The fare from Preston is £8.35 and from Glasgow to Leeds on the Friday £17.

Midsomer Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 14, 2015
Midsomer Norton, Naperville Chicago
Perhaps try using the National Express coach service.
Either go to Victoria, walking distance or short tube journey to Stamford Bridge or get off and on at Heathrow and get the tube into Earls Court, either change to the Wimbledon line or take a short walk to Stamford Bridge.
Natonal Express is great value for money and the coaches are very modern and comfortable these day!

Also consider a “split” rail ticket, a very legit way of keeping rail prices down, this website does it all for you: