Away to Chelsea - Sat 5 Feb 12.30pm | Page 41 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Away to Chelsea - Sat 5 Feb 12.30pm

Feb 23, 2008
There's loads of places to eat around Earls Court yeah. If you come out of the station onto earl's court road there's many restaurants. I suspect the pubs along that road will be fairly green
Thank you UTL, been on a fair few away days but not in London so should I be successful getting tickets then I'll be bricking it slightly. 🤣

Would there be relatively straightforward places to eat around the ground too if I just went straight to Fulham?

I read that people sometimes go in from Reading station, does anyone know what the parking is like there, can you book a spot or is there likely to be plenty/massive car park etc?

Sep 13, 2003
Bear in mind alot of pubs in London now don't open until 12pm on a Saturday - we had this issue in London Bridge before the Charlton game. We ended up having to sit outside! Never trust the opening times on Google maps, since the various lockdowns pubs have changed their opening hours.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I’m sure people already know this if they booking by train but GWR services between Plymouth and Exeter on all February weekends are disruptive.

https://www.gwr.com/travel-information/travel-updates/planned-engineering

Trains between London Paddington and Paignton, Plymouth or Penzance will terminate at Exeter St Davids. Most trains between Cardiff Central and Penzance will terminate at Taunton. Trains will continue to run between:
  • Plymouth and Penzance
  • Newton Abbot and Paignton
Replacement buses will run between:

• Tiverton Parkway and Plymouth (non-stop)
  • Exeter St Davids and Plymouth (calling at Newton Abbot, Totnes, Ivybridge and Plymouth)
  • Exeter St Davids and Newton Abbot (calling at Dawlish and Teignmouth)
  • Exeter St Davids and Newton Abbot (calling at all stations)

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Thank you UTL, been on a fair few away days but not in London so should I be successful getting tickets then I'll be bricking it slightly. 🤣

Would there be relatively straightforward places to eat around the ground too if I just went straight to Fulham?

I read that people sometimes go in from Reading station, does anyone know what the parking is like there, can you book a spot or is there likely to be plenty/massive car park etc?
London is one of the most straightforward places to get around. If I'm saying that then I'm sure you'll be fine 🤣.

I'm not sure of the lay of the land around Fulham Broadway but generally, tube station = pub and places to eat

Edited. Closer inspection shows Fulham Broadway has a range of eateries including a 5 guys (burger place) slap bang outside it.

Last edited:
Reactions: chunkymonkey78

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London

There's loads of places to eat around Fulham Broadway, although it will obviously be a bit busier on match day.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003

There’s loads of parking at Reading, - but I’d reiterate the earlier advice to head up the A3 to Southfields and take the Distrct Line in from there.
From Reading you still have to change at Paddington and then get on what is likely to be a very busy central London tube network. Going in from Southfields or Wimbledon will be much quieter.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I'm set up to stay in Reading overnight and train in from there. Appreciate the tube might be a bit busier but missing all the rail replacement buses and the roadworks on M4.

Sep 2, 2008
Drive up on Friday. Crash in a nearby hotel Friday night. Nice walk to the ground. Drive back Saturday and back home in time for tea and medals.

Feb 23, 2008
There’s loads of parking at Reading, - but I’d reiterate the earlier advice to head up the A3 to Southfields and take the Distrct Line in from there.
From Reading you still have to change at Paddington and then get on what is likely to be a very busy central London tube network. Going in from Southfields or Wimbledon will be much quieter.
Thanks Winchelsea.

Typically this morning I've just set up everything to go in from Reading 🤣, normally fairly good with travelling but a complete London novice, got a room, parking and train tickets booked, all refundable though if I'm not successful getting tickets so I guess I could change plans.

The tube is saying every 15 mins so is it likely to be too bad getting one if I got into Paddington a little earlier?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Just had a look back at Chesterfield’s website, seems like adults were charged £30 a ticket so I imagine it’ll be the same.

Jun 27, 2019
Thanks Winchelsea.

Typically this morning I've just set up everything to go in from Reading 🤣, normally fairly good with travelling but a complete London novice, got a room, parking and train tickets booked, all refundable though if I'm not successful getting tickets so I guess I could change plans.

The tube is saying every 15 mins so is it likely to be too bad getting one if I got into Paddington a little earlier?
I'm also going from Reading. There is no perfect way to 'do' London trips so you'll be fine.

My plan is to get up early and head into Earls Court for breakfast etc, then walk down to Stamford Bridge from there. Trains back to Reading after the match will be busy but probably nowhere near as busy as they are during commuter hours!