Atmosphere | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Atmosphere

Jan 6, 2004
We have lost the "Schuey is our Leader" song, which, while the reference to Lowe irritated some, built up to a nice crescendo and really go the crowd going. We could of course change "Fozzy" for "Schuey" and "Schumacher he left us" for "Ryan Lowe he left us". But as we are mid table I also not sure whether the Greens would be staying up or going up!

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I'm sure we tried We Are Sailing as the pre-Semper Fidelis song a few years ago - Holloway era maybe? It didn't catch on, probably just as well because it's a proper dirge.

There aren't really many atmospheric grounds any more, the away fans are generally loud when their team is playing well. We often outsing the home fans during our away games.

Dec 18, 2023
We have lost the "Schuey is our Leader" song, which, while the reference to Lowe irritated some, built up to a nice crescendo and really go the crowd going. We could of course change "Fozzy" for "Schuey" and "Schumacher he left us" for "Ryan Lowe he left us". But as we are mid table I also not sure whether the Greens would be staying up or going up!
I thought of one to replace that :

Foxy is our leader ; he’s bleeding green and white
We’re the best in Devon the rest our ******* *****
Miles and miles we travel to watch our football team
We will always follow the mighty mighty greens

Reactions: saxman
Dec 18, 2023
I thought of one to replace that :

Foxy is our leader ; he’s bleeding green and white
We’re the best in Devon the rest our ******* *****
Miles and miles we travel to watch our football team
We will always follow the mighty mighty greens
*Fozzy*

Dec 30, 2020
I'm not that old but I just find all the chants really cringey so rarely join in.

'Green and White Barmy Army...' sounds like a Saturday morning TV kids club
'Stand up if you love the Greens' - again very lame, and nobody refers to Argyle as 'the Greens'

These are more like chants you'd hear in a primary school playground than on a football terrace

I always think the players look slightly embarrassed by individual chants, and they're nearly always ripped off from other clubs. The one being sung for Whittaker on the Swansea matchday moments was simple and sounded good and he is having the kind of season that merits it but in the main, I prefer not.

I do join in with simpler stuff like Green Army, Come on Argyle etc and I reckon that lifts the players more as well. Also, everyone going "Who are ya?" at the opposition fans after we score is a lot of fun.

Not going to tell other people how to support, but that's how it is for me.

Reactions: Green 1886

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
I would so love to hear "To be a Pilgrim" sung at Home Park but sadly I doubt it will ever happen.

Reactions: Hank Moody
Dec 9, 2012
I said last night to my mate Im not getting the same buzz when we score as I did last season.....think its because at the moment there is nothing really on the games in terms of if we win lose or draw. Know that sounds silly but if we get dragged closer to the bottom three and there is more on each game the atmosphere will crank up. Still enjoying every game and the standard of football is much better and dont want to be anywhere near Rotherham and Sheff w etc but I do think the atmosphere has got something to do with whats at stake in the game.
Really? I think it's essential that we keep scoring and winning. When we are safe it may matter less. I think we will stay up, but it is not nailed on!

I think the atmosphere has been good this season -I am guessing that every away attendance has been well over 1,000 which has to help. League One away support of anything approaching 1,000 was unusual.

Reactions: DColl and saxman

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
I agree with that. Hardie (On Fire) Mumba (Tequila) and Randell (One of Our Own) the only players we sing for and even then not often . We started singing a Whittaker song at Swansea but it was not very catchy to be honest.
Who is Randell?