Atmosphere | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Atmosphere

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
We don’t have the fan demographic to create or sustain an atmosphere. Too many old codgers or pre pubescent teens. It’s great that the club is family inclusive, love taking the kids but the atmosphere is totally diluted as a result.
Some of us can't be bothered to join in with "singing", and some of the "songs" are awful and the words they use shouldn't be used on some.
Some people go to matches to watch a game, others think it's a choir, it will always be that way.

Jan 6, 2004
We don’t have the fan demographic to create or sustain an atmosphere. Too many old codgers or pre pubescent teens. It’s great that the club is family inclusive, love taking the kids but the atmosphere is totally diluted as a result.
It is the same in every ground. We have out-sung most home crowds on the road this season and I would actually say (although I was not there last night) that the HP crowd is louder than most.

Aug 4, 2011
It is the same in every ground. We have out-sung most home crowds on the road this season and I would actually say (although I was not there last night) that the HP crowd is louder than most.
But we don’t have a huge repitoire do we? It’s the dreary “arrrrrrgyylllllee arrrrrgyyyllllee” or green and white barmy army sung at 100mph.
Joe Edwards said for players, hearing a song about them gives them an extra 10% lift. Barely have any. Been mentioned time and time again, new suggestions put forwards on here, free chat, Twitter but never hear them in the stands

Aug 4, 2011
Can I just warn you mate and remind you there is such a thing as agism.

We're not overly PC on here, but a bit of respect wouldn't go amiss. (y)
Stating facts though aren’t I? You only have to look around the stands. Cov (and Leeds) packed the away ends with mostly males 18-50 I’d say. No surprise they both created a better atmosphere with some original songs. We have a much older demographic in the region which is an undisputed fact, the same applies at home park.

Aug 4, 2011
Some of us can't be bothered to join in with "singing", and some of the "songs" are awful and the words they use shouldn't be used on some.
Some people go to matches to watch a game, others think it's a choir, it will always be that way.
Yes absolutely, and get that. Which is why a designated singing area or 2 is needed. But with us being sold out at capacity every week, the traditional atmospheric areas of the ground (zoo corner and Devonport ends) have people (such as yourself) that don’t want or need to sing or join in, thus diluting the atmosphere, and stewards / safety controllers warning anyone that stands they will be faced with ejection.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Stating facts though aren’t I? You only have to look around the stands. Cov (and Leeds) packed the away ends with mostly males 18-50 I’d say. No surprise they both created a better atmosphere with some original songs. We have a much older demographic in the region which is an undisputed fact, the same applies at home park.

There's now wrong with pointing out demographics. But there are better ways to point that out without being disparaging about it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Nothing wrong with that comment, it's your earlier one that I pulled up.