Atmosphere | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Atmosphere

Jan 6, 2004
But we don’t have a huge repitoire do we? It’s the dreary “arrrrrrgyylllllee arrrrrgyyyllllee” or green and white barmy army sung at 100mph.
Joe Edwards said for players, hearing a song about them gives them an extra 10% lift. Barely have any. Been mentioned time and time again, new suggestions put forwards on here, free chat, Twitter but never hear them in the stands
I agree with that. Hardie (On Fire) Mumba (Tequila) and Randell (One of Our Own) the only players we sing for and even then not often . We started singing a Whittaker song at Swansea but it was not very catchy to be honest.

Oct 31, 2015
Jesus the atmosphere is fine, not sure what people want. Even Anfield and St James (not Sid James up the road) can have its quiet moments.

Most say HP is a difficult place to come because of the crowd (managers and players).

I think people are still nervous under IF compared to the love in with Shuey and as it gets to crunch time there will be more nervousness. It happened last season towards the back end and we were bloody top.

Cov fans sang exactly the same tunes as our lot do (apart from the green army)

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Recently , Home Park hasn’t been rocking like usual like yesterday Coventry outsung us . I think we need to start singing player chants again and create some new songs for the new players.
There were 1700 City fans there last night! That’s outstanding for a midweek game. They will generally make more noise than home fans at periods in the game. This is not unique to HP. Away support is generally the passionate, noisy core support at any club.

Reactions: JadePilgrim
Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
One thing I’ve noticed in the Championship is that fans of other clubs tend to have a much wider catalogue of chants.

We tend to fall on the same old “ Green and White barmy army” and “ Stand up if you love the greens” (which was tried multiple times last night in the Lyndhurst, and nobody stood up!)

It doesn’t help that we don’t have our own unique chant, like Bristol Rovers with Irene, Birmingham with Keep Right On, or even Norwich with On The Ball City, sure there’s many other clubs with their own chants, they’re just the first that spring to mind.

Reactions: Cobi Budge
Nov 18, 2011
Cov fans were silent when we were at their place earlier in the season, despite their good away support.

It just seems to be the thing now that home atmospheres are often not that great, even at 'big' clubs. Only a successful season such as last season or a dedicated singing section (which would be a logistical challenge) seems to get things going.

Got to say the travelling Green Army are still fantastic as always at making a noise.

Jan 6, 2004
One thing I’ve noticed in the Championship is that fans of other clubs tend to have a much wider catalogue of chants.

We tend to fall on the same old “ Green and White barmy army” and “ Stand up if you love the greens” (which was tried multiple times last night in the Lyndhurst, and nobody stood up!)

It doesn’t help that we don’t have our own unique chant, like Bristol Rovers with Irene, Birmingham with Keep Right On, or even Norwich with On The Ball City, sure there’s many other clubs with their own chants, they’re just the first that spring to mind.
Molly Malone was not unique but I rarely if ever heard other clubs singing it. Unfortunately it seems to have fallen out of fashion with fans.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth

Leeds - Marching on Together. Millwall - No one likes us. West Ham - Forever blowing bubbles.

You’re right, we don’t really have a chant of our own which is a shame.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Molly Malone was not unique but I rarely if ever heard other clubs singing it. Unfortunately it seems to have fallen out of fashion with fans.

We definitely used to have more of a variety, I remember a lot of chants from back when we were first in the Championship that we don’t really use anymore, Molly Malone was one of them.

Mar 17, 2022
East of the tamar
We should use I am sailing, easy for people to learn and linked to Plymouth with the original video being shot on the Ark Royal and our history with the water

Even the last word could be changed to Green

We are sailing
We are sailing
home again , cross the sea
We are sailing stormy waters
To be near you
To be green

The current chants are just boring and really do not add much , the drummer does not help ( I am not a fan) as he just keeps banging his drum with the same old chants,

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
We should use I am sailing, easy for people to learn and linked to Plymouth with the original video being shot on the Ark Royal and our history with the water

Even the last word could be changed to Green

We are sailing
We are sailing
home again , cross the sea
We are sailing stormy waters
To be near you
To be green

The current chants are just boring and really do not add much , the drummer does not help ( I am not a fan) as he just keeps banging his drum with the same old chants,
That would be great. Problem is, how to get a crowd to join in with it.

Mar 7, 2008
I said last night to my mate Im not getting the same buzz when we score as I did last season.....think its because at the moment there is nothing really on the games in terms of if we win lose or draw. Know that sounds silly but if we get dragged closer to the bottom three and there is more on each game the atmosphere will crank up. Still enjoying every game and the standard of football is much better and dont want to be anywhere near Rotherham and Sheff w etc but I do think the atmosphere has got something to do with whats at stake in the game.

Reactions: Hank Moody

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Yep the old oggy oggy chant has disappeared altogether, along with molly malone, shame as they both got the crowd going.

Jan 23, 2024
I seem to recall reading somewhere on here suggesting that Morgan would fit nicely in the old Billy, Billy, Billy, Billy Rafferty chant, which seems like a great idea to me. Having managed to miraculously get hold of a ticket for Saturday I'll be happy to join in! Err, it seems remembering that far back puts me well and truly in the non-singing demographic, though? :p